Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paradox Announces Stellaris: Galaxy Command for iOS and Android - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageParadox Announces Stellaris: Galaxy Command for iOS and Android - MMORPG.com News

Paradox announced Stellaris: Galaxy Command for iOS and Android today via press release, and brings with it a shiny new trailer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    If it's got PVP it's gonna be p2w garbage. Stay away if there's PVP.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166

Ranyr said:

If it's got PVP it's gonna be p2w garbage. Stay away if there's PVP.

So what you are saying is we should stay away if there is PvP?
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UDproxUDprox Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Odd timing for this article considering the game was taken offline yesterday for having stolen artwork which they've acknowledged on their official twitter.
    Tiller
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]infomatzbcbully
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Salem would've been a fun game on mobile too bad they got rid of it.
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    UDprox said:
    Odd timing for this article considering the game was taken offline yesterday for having stolen artwork which they've acknowledged on their official twitter.
    Thanks for this - we'll update accordingly.
  • ducesettutamducesettutam Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Best part about this is that Game Bear the Chinese developer stole assets from Paradox's Stellaris to make their game Nova Empires. Then Paradox contracts them to make a mobile version of Stellaris which they just reskinned from Nova Empires and filled with art assets stolen from Microsoft and independent artists. You'd think maybe the fact someone stole from you in the past would indicate they are unreliable but I guess not.
    Tillerblamo2000infomatzanemoNextrix
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Now this crowd comes down against a company on the IP theft issue.  Where was this crowd when COH was the discussion point?  Ironic.

To the actual Stellaris news.  It was pretty evident that the core game was developed with an eye to making a mobile version of the game.  That was part of what discouraged me about the game.  That, and Paradox trying to claim this wasn't a 4x game, and was a Grand Strategy game instead.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Mendel said:

Now this crowd comes down against a company on the IP theft issue.  Where was this crowd when COH was the discussion point?  Ironic.

To the actual Stellaris news.  It was pretty evident that the core game was developed with an eye to making a mobile version of the game.  That was part of what discouraged me about the game.  That, and Paradox trying to claim this wasn't a 4x game, and was a Grand Strategy game instead.

Did a developer steal art assets from COH for a game they were selling? Or are you talking about the COH private servers? If its about the private servers, which I don't play, I don't understand how you could see this as the same issue.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    blamo2000 said:

Mendel said:

Did a developer steal art assets from COH for a game they were selling? Or are you talking about the COH private servers? If its about the private servers, which I don't play, I don't understand how you could see this as the same issue.
    Stolen art.  Stolen code.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Mendel said:
    blamo2000 said:

Mendel said:

Stolen art.  Stolen code.

Without a direct answer I will have to assume you are talking about the private servers?  Would that be an issue if NC didn't shut down CoH?  Are people using CoH private servers to sell a product?  Does any money they make go to maintaining the servers or do the try and make profit off of this stolen art and code?

Something can only be ironic if it people are claiming to believe opposites.  One game company selling a game for profits that stole art assets is not anywhere near the ballpark of some people getting together to help people play (for free) a game that closed down because a different company didn't find it cost viable to provide that service.  

I can cover any song I want and publish it, regardless of copyright or ownership, as long as I don't profit off it.  I could even put it as bonus tracks on my CD I sell for profit.  How are private, non-profit servers for a game that shut down that provides work and a not available mmorpg for free any different?
    bcbully