Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Servers Have Heavy Load During Launch Yesterday As Steam Release Is Delayed - MM

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge: Unchained Servers Have Heavy Load During Launch Yesterday As Steam Release Is Delayed - MMORPG.com

Yesterday the floodgates opened for gamigo's ArcheAge: Unchained, giving eager veterans and newcomers a chance to check out the latest version of the MMORPG. However, like all opening days in the MMO world, things did not go as smoothly as they could have.

Read the full story here

Comments

• septgskseptgsk Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2019
    I feel like they are underestimating the traffic they will be getting on launch. 3 servers per region are all they have and all of them were full locked (till certain timeframe) during name reservation. Discord was filled with angry people that bought founders just to find out that there's literally no server to reserve a character on.

And they didn't consider adding fourth one till recently....

I mean they are b2p game, they can easily project the traffic they are be getting. Because they know the exact number of sales. Unlike WoW classic, you might not know it since it's tied to normal subs.

Also the 0-Labor bugs is still there even though people already reporting it on PTS day one. If your account is affected, there is a workout though (confirmed by several people on Discord), by spending on a cheap fence at Marketplace that cost 30 Credits. If they couldn't even fix the Labor bugs on launch they could've just:
    - Give everyone 30 Credits
    - Tell them to buy cheap fence at Marketplace if their labors aren't regenerating
    - And then god damn fix it

EDIT: Buy the 1 Credit priced Hereafter Stone at the Marketplace to fix

Truly disappointing, are they company or indie game developers/publishers
    Post edited by septgsk on
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    deja vu
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

septgsk said:

Also the 0-Labor bugs is still there even though people already reporting it on PTS day one. If your account is affected, there is a workout though (confirmed by several people on Discord), by spending on a cheap fence at Marketplace that cost 30 Credits. If they couldn't even fix the Labor bugs on launch they could've just:

- Tell them to buy cheap fence at Marketplace if their labors aren't regenerating

It's not a bug. You have to apply your pack to your character on the glyph website to initiate labor regen. Having 0 labor to start with is intentional.

It's a weird thing to have to do but there it is.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SFoxx21SFoxx21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I'm sure each of us can count the number of MMORPG games that have had a successful opening day launch on our one hand. They are truly not that common. On another note I was hoping they wouldn't go to steam. The community there is toxic af and they will no doubt be review bombed by the haters or little children who have no idea what it takes to make a video game.
    edited October 2019

septgsk said:

It's not a bug. You have to apply your pack to your character on the glyph website to initiate labor regen. Having 0 labor to start with is intentional.

That one is not what I'm talking about.
    The bug is about people who have redeemed their packs from the website, but their labors aren't regenerating. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/234046303397478400/634084854748676099/unknown.png
    Post edited by septgsk on
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019

septgsk said:

septgsk said:

The bug is about people who have redeemed their packs from the website, but their labors aren't regenerating.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/234046303397478400/634078113768275998/unknown.png

Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that.

That person claimed their pack on the website and then deleted their character before picking it up? It doesn't start regenerating until you get the mail and open the box. They deleted the mail when they deleted their character.

It's a weird system in the first place.

What they've said there doesn't make sense though. They said they never redeemed it and then ask if they should redeem it again.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    How much is MMORPG getting paid to KEEP POSTING THE SAME SHIT ABOUT THE SAME GAME.

No offense, long long time lurker on the website but holy shit i have never seen this many articles about the same game with little to no new information at all just wanting attention for this game.
    NephethmmolouHJ-NavarrejimmywolfCyberFroggastovski1cheebaIselin

septgsk said:

septgsk said:

The bug is about people who have redeemed their packs from the website, but their labors aren't regenerating.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/234046303397478400/634078113768275998/unknown.png

Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that.

That person claimed their pack on the website and then deleted their character before picking it up? It doesn't start regenerating until you get the mail and open the box. They deleted the mail when they deleted their character.

It's a weird system in the first place.

What they've said there doesn't make sense though. They said they never redeemed it and then ask if they should redeem it again.

*edited the pic
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/234046303397478400/634084854748676099/unknown.png
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Vexiusx said:
    How much is MMORPG getting paid to KEEP POSTING THE SAME SHIT ABOUT THE SAME GAME.

No offense, long long time lurker on the website but holy shit i have never seen this many articles about the same game with little to no new information at all just wanting attention for this game.
    devil's advocate here. how many news worthy mmo released or rereleased recently ? 

people are complaining that there are non-mmo news and now people are complaining that there are mmo related articles ... wtf ?!
    Nephethvandal5627mmolouJemAs666HJ-NavarrejimmywolfCyberFroggastovski1cheebaRoinand 4 others.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    SFoxx21 said:
    I'm sure each of us can count the number of MMORPG games that have had a successful opening day launch on our one hand. They are truly not that common. On another note I was hoping they wouldn't go to steam. The community there is toxic af and they will no doubt be review bombed by the haters or little children who have no idea what it takes to make a video game.
    but not many can say they failed more then one launch date,

at least its not only the same problems like first time, looks like they ahve new things in the mix this time

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

ananit said:

Vexiusx said:

devil's advocate here. how many news worthy mmo released or rereleased recently ? 

people are complaining that there are non-mmo news and now people are complaining that there are mmo related articles ... wtf ?!

I don't care if the news is MMO or non MMO related, i care that in the past 3 days i seen like 20 Archeage articles stuffed in my face.
    infomatz
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Too many people trying to play is the best problem to have. Make another server and the issue is fixed. Other than that, it doesn't sound like a horrible launch.
    alkarionlogCacolaco
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,854

Too many people trying to play is the best problem to have. Make another server and the issue is fixed. Other than that, it doesn't sound like a horrible launch.

Adding new servers is the dumbest thing they could do.

For MMO launches (or re-launches) never add quantity, always increase capacity.

Half the people trying to get in now will be gone in a week anyway.
    KyleranKinringalkarionlogcheebaRoin
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited October 2019

Vexiusx said:

ananit said:

Vexiusx said:

I don't care if the news is MMO or non MMO related, i care that in the past 3 days i seen like 20 Archeage articles stuffed in my face.

It's one of the biggest mmorpg releases this year. What did you expect? Of course they will release news related to this game. Where were you when the only thing they were talking about was the WoW Classic release? The name of the website is mmorpg ffs. Of course they will cover it.
    Kyleranalkarionlogitchmon
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Vexiusx said:

ananit said:

Vexiusx said:

When a game that was really anticipated by quite a large community ruined itself by heavy P2W a month after launch, that has not fixed its P2W, decides to release a non P2W version (at least for now) and has a large community rushing back to it, you are going to see news articles. Just don't click on them if you care that much.
    Cacolacoitchmon
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited October 2019
    Vexiusx said:

ananit said:

Vexiusx said:

Better than all of the many articles on that other subject which must not be named.

(MOP continues their jihad unabated for those who feel deprived)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Xiaoki said:

So much this.  Once the popularity declines they'll one day face merging servers "again" which enrages players, especially those who lose their hard one favored plots of land / houses.

There's a writer on MOP who still bemoans this yet is now running a video series on this next chapter.

I'm assuming they're holding one of her relatives hostage or something. (Like a not very popular uncle or 3rd cousin )

:D 
    alkarionlog

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Xiaoki said:

LOL... you guys are a no win situation group. If they increased server capacity and not enough people leave, you will be right back here crying about their ineptness for not making enough servers for the player base because now half the people can't get land.

Besides, according to half you idiots, nobody was going to play this game anyways... so you were already wrong once about the population.

Merging servers is preferable, in my opinion, to sitting around praying enough people quit.

BruceYeealkarionlogSovrathinfomatz
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Waiting for the Steam release cause Glyph standalone launcher has never worked well on any of my systems don't know why.

Maybe they should open a few more servers cause like in any game at launch the most hardcore will always try to be first at everything and in the case of this game those are probably all the whales from previous releases who are logged in with 9+ accounts on multiple comps. If you use classic WoW as an example all the cool kids HAD to be on Herod and even waited in 3 hour queues just to get into the highest pop servers while casuals migrated to low pop cause they just wanted to play a little. If you are very casual how exactly would you benefit by being on a server with 12 hour playtime each day basement dwellers so bored they will just grief you cause they have nothing better to do. This is an MMO but isn't this a game where you don't really benefit by having a fkton of people around 24-7?
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    40-50 dollar cosmetics.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    The inevitable queues are the only reason i skipped this.

Joined - July 2004

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Rhoklaw said:
    Hey everyone playing ArcheAge, it's your friendly Rhoklaw reminder awaiting the moment I can say I told you so...

You need some new material dude. I played Archeage 5 years ago, saw it for what it was and left. I have zero interest in this re-launch and zero confidence that Gamigo/XL will do right by their new batch of customers.

But your trolling with the same shit, thread after thread is pretty lame.
    [Deleted User]grimal
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013
    Rhoklaw said:
    Hey everyone playing ArcheAge, it's your friendly Rhoklaw reminder awaiting the moment I can say I told you so...

So, does that mean (and I'm not saying this will happen)  if the game "doesn't" go pay to win (again, not saying what will happen and who knows maybe it will go pay to bling as well) you will come back, admit you were wrong and eat crow? :D

Roin[Deleted User]infomatzitchmonultimateduckgrimal
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DogDroppingDanDogDroppingDan Newbie CommonPosts: 18
    Holy hell alot of suckers here.

First off this game has been launched many times. This isn't a new game yet you guys are giving it the credit of a new mmo. Dudes they had like 5 versions to get this shit straight. They can't because they simply lack the talent.

I mean holy shit this is like paying for lineage 2 at this point with this game that's how many emulators run it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Rhoklaw said:

So, does that mean (and I'm not saying this will happen)  if the game "doesn't" go pay to win (again, not saying what will happen and who knows maybe it will go pay to bling as well) you will come back, admit you were wrong and eat crow? :D

I wont speak for everyone who can see something like this being an obvious cash grab off of a desperate market, but I would love more than anything to be wrong, I even posted as much before Bless Online launched. I'm sure deep down no one wants these things to fail; however, the reality is that these companies prey on people's naivety and good will.

This isn't exactly a new tactic. Solicitors do this all the time with the elderly to exploit them usually in the middle of the day since that's when they are most vulnerable.

That's why I can respect someone like Arterius' view about this who just wants to go in and get some fun for what it is now. It beats someone trying their best to defend something just because there's a new front name (Gamigo in this case) that has the same people promise the same things, again, just because the name is different. If Gamigo honestly had good will in the western market, it would be a different story, but all they are is a company that uses other publishing names to represent either poorly ran and/or heavily monetized games. Who exactly do you think owns Aeria Games?