Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Patch 3.7.0 Now Live, Features Gameplay Features, New Weapons, Ships - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

::Eye roll and Yawn:: at the attention seekers with the pathetic bash SC rhetoric.

This patch is looking good! Haven't played it, but have seen quite a few videos. Time to setup my dual joystick configs and hop in again.

Attention seekers? lol. How about non-delusional posters? Enjoy your perpetual alpha.

How about non-hater posters? Nothing is perpetual. SQ42 in Beta in 4 quarters and SC will get all assets and features after release, I.E. a full triple-A + all quarterly patch dedicated to SC only in between.

JoeBlober, May 2017
      "it is coming in matter of quarters not years for SQ42 Chapter 1"

JoeBolber, May 2018:
      "At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"

So good, thanks for that.

JoeBlober: "silence intensifies"

Lol
    SlyLoK
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

::Eye roll and Yawn:: at the attention seekers with the pathetic bash SC rhetoric.

This patch is looking good! Haven't played it, but have seen quite a few videos. Time to setup my dual joystick configs and hop in again.

Attention seekers? lol. How about non-delusional posters? Enjoy your perpetual alpha.

How about non-hater posters? Nothing is perpetual. SQ42 in Beta in 4 quarters and SC will get all assets and features after release, I.E. a full triple-A + all quarterly patch dedicated to SC only in between.

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:
    This just proves the Koolaid must taste good.
    WalkinGlennSlyLoK
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2019
    Tiller said:
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:
    This just proves the Koolaid must taste good.
    Some people get enthusiastic. 

Some people are also overly negative. I'm sure @JoeBlober could find posts about no team; 90 days top; there will never be female characters, no flora; never have have more than 10 on a map; the engine will never run etc. etc. Were they on anti-Koolaid?

The curse - and the blessing - of the alpha is that it shows the state of the game as it currently is. Which goes a long way to mitigates against extremes.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

sgel said:

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

rofl

Nice try:
    - in 2017 I said: "Schedule release to be provided later tin 2017"... not that SQ42 was released in 2017...
    - in 2018: "At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"... did you missed "at this rate"?

So what happened in 2018? New private investor injected 46M$ and Beta re-scheduled to Q2/Q3 2020.
    Still we hardly see the collapse thta was happen for sure back in 2015 :)

Rofl
    mmolou
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    JoeBlober said:

sgel said:

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

rofl

Nice try:
    - in 2017 I said: "Schedule release to be provided later tin 2017"... not that SQ42 was released in 2017...
    - in 2018: "At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"... did you missed "at this rate"?

So what happened in 2018? New private investor injected 46M$ and Beta re-scheduled to Q2/Q3 2020.

Rofl
    Well, in July you said in 4 quarters, so its in 3 now. I hope you are right, else we can all call you Smart the Second with your predictions.

I told you this back then too, don’t make fun of others their predictions when your own haven’t come true yet. For gamers I hope you are right, for shit and giggles I definitely hope you are wrong. July 2020 it is, can’t wait!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Its that time of year, kudos for them for getting their timing down for this one every year. The cons (pun fully intended) will be rolling out. Cant wait for the announcement on how much theyre going to charge people this year to see super secret 'in game' footage of what is 'just around the corner'. Its basically telethon season for them from now until their big December sale. Theyll raise a few million from the saps still with enough money and still not enough brains to figure it out and roberts and his cronies and a few hundred people will have pay checks for another little while.

But as each month ticks by the deadline for SQ 42 keeps getting closer and closer. Once that starts getting delayed over and over again with this investor (the known one anyway) we will see what the true expectations are there. More than likely nothing and its a tax write off and things will go on just like they have and if we live long enough we might see something that passes as little more than a bunch of strung together tech demos.

"Cave exploration'' LMAO seriously? How many caves and delves and dungeons does ESO have? Over a hundred I imagine. How excited are people when those get announced? It more like ho hum another dungeon. BFD, But its something that people who look for anything and everything to promote about this nonsense highlight.

But at least we now have (their) age given it was 7 years ago it was 'announced' (the claims at the time was it had been being worked on, and money being used,  for awhile, up to 18 months i think prior to that announcement but since that doesnt fit with what people want now that is all forgotten.) But its at least seven years in and 300 million bucks and this is what you have.

The built in excuses of 'they had to rebuild the engine' or 'they only had x amount of employees' are now moot. Now its 'oh look a few caves'. LMAO. I suspect those will be for sale in the coming months. Everything else is.
    NorseGod
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    gervaise1 said:
    Which goes a long way to mitigates against extremes.
    Actually the exact opposite is happening.
    In fact I'd say Star Citizen attracts more extreme opinions than any other game in PC dev history.
    From "Saving PC Gaming", "MOAR CONTENT in ALPHA THAN AAAA++++ GAMES"  and "OMGGG NEVER BEEN DONE BEFOOORRR" to "90days collapse", "FBI Investigation" and "Chris Roberts is fueling his cocaine addiction".

BeansnBread

..Cake..

sgel said:
    gervaise1 said:
    In fact I'd say Star Citizen attracts more extreme opinions than any other game in PC dev history.
    From "Saving PC Gaming", "MOAR CONTENT in ALPHA THAN AAAA++++ GAMES"  and "OMGGG NEVER BEEN DONE BEFOOORRR" to "90days collapse", "FBI Investigation" and "Chris Roberts is fueling his cocaine addiction".

Mitigate doesn't mean prevent. 

More extreme opinions? Maybe, some people do get carried away. More extreme than any other game though? There are multiple candidates amongst those in development - CU, SotA, Pantheon etc. - and those already launched - AA, WoW etc.

A major difference is in the volume. The more "popular" get more comments which, in turn, means you are more likely to get "more extreme". So major games that are launched - WoW, AA etc. get more "comments" and SC, as a development that has attracted "more people" also gets more.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    gervaise1 said:
    sgel said:
    gervaise1 said:

Mitigate doesn't mean prevent. 

More extreme opinions? Maybe, some people do get carried away. More extreme than any other game though? There are multiple candidates amongst those in development - CU, SotA, Pantheon etc. - and those already launched - AA, WoW etc.

A major difference is in the volume. The more "popular" get more comments which, in turn, means you are more likely to get "more extreme". So major games that are launched - WoW, AA etc. get more "comments" and SC, as a development that has attracted "more people" also gets more.
    No. The polarization in SC is in like the top 5 in history IMO. Die hard, they can do nothing wrong fans vs die hard, they can do nothing right haters. You personally tend to be supportive in every thread, never levying any criticism at all while trying to sound neutral. Which is fine, but everyone knows that you support the game no matter how many times they delay, lie or add another monetization method.

And as for your last point, no, it is not very popular here. There are 3 guys that constantly bump threads with pictures and everyone else makes sarcastic comments about how ridiculous the situation is (including me). Comparing it's popularity to WoW is just stupid to the extremo maximum.
    sgel
    gervaise1 said:
    sge Comparing it's popularity to WoW is just stupid to the extremo maximum.
    Wasn't talking about popular on the forums and its certainly not "popular" at the level of WoW and absolutely not in the league of Fortnite etc. but it is much more popular that CU, Pantheon, SotA, Crowfall etc. Call it middling popular or littling popular or whatever.

The point is that those other games do get "extreme" comments - on these and other forums. Some of them more so on other forums. They don't get the "volume" of comments though. Which was the context of my use of the word "popular".
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    gervaise1 said:
    gervaise1 said:
    sge Comparing it's popularity to WoW is just stupid to the extremo maximum.
    Wasn't talking about popular on the forums and its certainly not "popular" at the level of WoW and absolutely not in the league of Fortnite etc. but it is much more popular that CU, Pantheon, SotA, Crowfall etc. Call it middling popular or littling popular or whatever.

The point is that those other games do get "extreme" comments - on these and other forums. Some of them more so on other forums. They don't get the "volume" of comments though. Which was the context of my use of the word "popular".
    But we are talking about polarization. Extremes on both ends with very little in the middle. For a game like WoW, you have lovers, haters, kind-of-likers, I can see why people like it-ers, I don't understand the draw-ers, etc. They get extreme comments, but there are a wide variety of opinions which include far more middle ground than SC IMO. 

With SC, the polarization is extreme. If you remove the people that don't care about the game at all, you have

1) People that will never criticize it for anything, ever.

2) People that view it as one of the greatest debacles ever created by unethical management to entice people into their P2W scheme with a never ending release date that promises to release [year.this + 1].

And that is also different than something like SotA, which has 100,000 haters for every 1 liker. That just means people don't like it, not that it is polarized.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2019
    JoeBlober said:

sgel said:

Vrika said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

rofl

Nice try:

Rofl
    I can use other 2017 quote from you if it makes you happier.

JoeBlober, 2017:
      "SQ42 Chapter 1 (solo) is expected by mid-2018"

JoeBolber, 2018:

WalkinGlennNorseGodmmolouSlyLoKrpmcmurphy

sgel said:

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

rofl

"At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"... You missed 'at this rate'. CIG changed the rate because the project is driven by final quality not Shareholders asking for release even fi it is not ready. Fallout 76, Anthem to name the last ones.
    Because date are more inportant than anything else right?

4 Quarters is the official estimated date for SQ42 Beta. The very same game who was collapsing for sure! back in 2015 :)

mmolourpmcmurphy

rensta said:

YEAHHHH BABY!! A NEW SHIP TO BUY!! Gotta support the game fastttt!! Gonna release soon!! And ill have the coolest ships!!! OMG!! Hype!!!

Ships, and land, and tanks, and motorcycles, and jeeps, and flying hotels, and ... 

You don't have to pledge more than a 45$ starter package to enjoy the game as multiplayer sharing mission is now in 3.7.0. With your own ship or as a crew member.

Also you can buy or rent ships with credits... Precisely what Backers asked CIG to provide. Chocking.. as per some naysayers, that was supposed to NEVER happen :)
    mmolouSlyLoKrpmcmurphy
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    JoeBlober said:

sgel said:

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Viper482 said:

Hooterr said:

JoeBlober, May 2017

JoeBolber, May 2018:

rofl

"At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"... You missed 'at this rate'. CIG changed the rate because the project is driven by final quality not Shareholders asking for release even fi it is not ready. Fallout 76, Anthem to name the last ones.
    Because date are more inportant than anything else right?

4 Quarters is the official estimated date for SQ42 Beta. The very same game who was collapsing for sure! back in 2015 :)

And you do it again, making fun of others their predictions which didn’t come true while holding on to your own which have just as much chance of being rubbish. And its 3 quarters, your 4 quarters till beta statement is already 4 months old. 3 quarters until we can decide if you are Smart the Second. 4 quarters tops man, 4 quarters tops.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    rpmcmurphy
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited October 2019
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

sgel said:

Vrika said:

I can use other 2017 quote from you if it makes you happier.

JoeBlober, 2017:
      "SQ42 Chapter 1 (solo) is expected by mid-2018"

JoeBolber, 2018:

Almost as if it's a script...

Official website

Citizencon

WalkinGlennArglebargle
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    The only thing I can assume at this point is that they are happy with this perpetual in development cycle, that way they never have to be disappointed in the launch state of the game because there will always be features "coming soon" lol

"It will launch when ready"
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2019
    Imagine if there was a "game" :)

mmolourpmcmurphy
    edited October 2019
    Tiller said:

Which will also, by coincidence (wink wink), coincide with government pensions kicking in for Roberts, his wife, and brother.  
    mmolou
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

How many times have the SC backers said oh just a little more time and we will get this or this just to be disappointed? Yet they still continue to defend the game. Blows my mind.

Because we are already playing Star Citizen Alpha. And enjoying it.

Have fun
    WalkinGlennPhaserlight
    edited October 2019
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:

Which will also, by coincidence (wink wink), coincide with government pensions kicking in for Roberts, his wife, and brother.  
    You are clearly not thinking BIG. I suggest you are in the weeds.

Yes the KS and/or pre-sales are paying staff costs which include the wages of CR, wife, brother and everyone else. We even know from e.g. Foundry 42's financials that Chris' brother is paid something over £100k a year. Decent but not earthshattering. And certainly not eye-watering C-level salaries at the likes of Activision Blizzard or EA (CEO $40M+ a year). 

Factor in that the money will run out and if the games don't launch you have the potential of law-suits etc. Not - I suggest - a good plan to get rich.

CR is not just making SC/SQ42 though. He is making is "a company". And by "company" I don't just mean something incorporated etc. - that exists now - I am talking about a company with "value".

In its current state RSI has "some value". If they never release SC/SQ42 though potential law suits etc. will act as a poison pill. Another company might look to buy the assets but not the company. RSI would basically be worthless.

Once the game(s) release though:

Well we have an idea from the investment "intent". I say "intent" because I strongly believe that the previously announced $46M will have conditions attached. SC/SQ42 releasing being the prudent one. It would tie in with the statements made: the money will be available for "marketing" - nothing said about "developing".

Which means?

That nominally RSI is "valued" at over $900M dollars. Maybe more in a flotation. (Softbank's investment in WeWork hasn't worked out but other flotations have generated even higher valuations.) 

A company in which CR etc. would still own 95%. Or nominally about $850M pre-flotation. 

Hence my comment: you have to think BIG. And why - if you think CR is doing this for money - you should be absolutely convinced that the game will release. Release; flotation; maybe become a billionaire. Think BIG!

Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2019
    gervaise1 said:
    We even know from e.g. Foundry 42's financials that Chris' brother is paid something over £100k a year.

Way more than that. Their recently submitted financials shows director's renumeration at £256,337 (~$325,000)

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    gervaise1 said:
    We even know from e.g. Foundry 42's financials that Chris' brother is paid something over £100k a year.

Way more than that. Their recently submitted financials shows director's renumeration at £256,337 (~$325,000)

That's not much considering the size of the company, and also Erin Roberts isn't one of the founders of the company. He had previous experience as a game director, and he was hired as a manager later in the project.

The real question is how much the company is paying its founders, and all that is done though their US operations where US laws allow them to keep the payments hidden.

Vrika said:
    gervaise1 said:

That's not much considering the size of the company, and also Erin Roberts isn't one of the founders of the company. He had previous experience as a game director, and he was hired as a manager later in the project.

The real question is how much the company is paying its founders, and all that is done though their US operations where US laws allow them to keep the payments hidden.
    OK more than I remembered - or maybe more than a couple of years ago. Doesn't matter as @vrika says in the big scheme of things it isn't "much". Above average sure but many - deservedly or not - get paid a lot more. And in the US some of the salaries are eye-watering. And given the a) the total amount raised and b) paying 400 or 500 people - whatever the number is now - no one is getting eye-watering salaries. 

What potentially will make them a lot of money though - as I said - is "the company". And for that they need to release the game.

Now if you believe that CR is making SC because he genuinely want to make "the best space game ever" or some other altruistic intention then its much more a "release when its done". 

If - however - you believe that CR is doing it for the money then the clear way to do that is to get the game released.