Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Gifting Disabled After Player Concern

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Won't there be a chance for people that haven't pre-ordered the game to check it out?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    Bloodaxes said:
    Won't there be a chance for people that haven't pre-ordered the game to check it out?
    You can play on the Unchained PTS right now. It's open to everyone.

Download the normal ArcheAge PTS Client and choose PTS2 or PTS3 when you launch it.

It's exactly the same game as the old ArcheAge though, just without all the bullshit and the patron subscription. So, anyone can just have a go on that if they want to see what the game is like.
    Bloodaxes
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Gamigo are just making the launch as attractive as possible. First get the players into the game, THEN you can slowly start turning up the cash shop heat.

Players that have already invested time in the game will be more reluctant to just quit. They may even start spending if they wan't to stay competitive...
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    it smells like p2w
    it taste like p2w
    it looks like p2w

then its probably Archeage
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I understand that most people that played the original Archeage, have a negative feeling about Trion and this whole Unchained thing and so on.

I'm not here defending the game or taking any sides and completly understand the hate towards them, i'm just trying to be rational, as someone who has never played Archeage before.

I've played MMO's my whole life since i have had internet, this as been my go to entertainment, so much i can't even enjoy a good Single Player game even tho there are freaking amazing ones out there.

HOWEVER, don't you guys think the kind of arguments you are making are bit over the top considering what we have been seeing so far, i mean yes we should be carefull and not throw them our money just because they say they will do it right this time and i'm not saying we should even trust them, even if everything seems plausible.

What i am saying is that the arguments about the game being P2W (a this term goes a long way and im not going into it here):

►Buying gold outside of the game for real money
    ►Later if/when Gifting gets enabled you could sell gifts for Gold

These have been present in all the MMO's i have played over all these years, some have these to a higher degree, and ARE PRESENT in the most Played MMORPG in the market.

To name a few

WoW = you can buy the token and sell it for gold in the AH, buy gold off the black market
    ESO = as someone said above there are even people who act as a broker and hold gold until the other player sends a cash shop (real money) gift in game.
    Runescape = same thing as WoW
    Guild Wars 2 = same thing as WoW and Runescape
    Even if Black Desert wasn't P2W there are still hundreds of people who make high end accounts and sell them for real money.

and i could on and on with this list, but i just wanted to mention some of the more played MMORPG's and all of them have the same freaking issue, so to say that Archeage Unchained is dead from the start just because it will have these issues i think it is unfair.

This is just my opinion of course, take it with a grain of salt, if u want to hate the company, the game and everything else i'm fine with it.

Take care you all and have fun playing MMO's ;)

• summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

toafarmer said:

I'm impressed to know ArcheAge is still a thing. It was the game that made me never ever again want to touch anything related to Trion.

Well I guess you'll be happy that it isn't related to Trion anymore :P
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2019
    Cygi said:
    Why comments are disabled in the newest post about Blizzard China failure?
    Be careful. Do not incur the wrath of Pai Mei.

[Deleted User]gastovski1
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    If you don't like it.....dont play it. As is clearly evident, nothing anyone says here matters.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    ianicus said:
    If you don't like it.....dont play it. As is clearly evident, nothing anyone says here matters.
    I always appreciate a good circular reference, hehe...
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Same shit, relaunched.

If people fall for it, then there is no hope for the gullible gamer.
    Coolit
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Jesus, people are still crying about this? Do you idiots really think there's going to be a big cash market for weird anime rendition of a gay sailor or French maid costume to the point that it will create a P2W situation any more than just buying gold online?

WTF is wrong with you people. If you're that worried, don't play the fucking game. Some of you people just cry nonstop about every game released. Maybe you should find another hobby.
    Tiller
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited October 2019
    Jesus, people are still crying about this? Do you idiots really think there's going to be a big cash market for weird anime rendition of a gay sailor or French maid costume to the point that it will create a P2W situation any more than just buying gold online?

WTF is wrong with you people. If you're that worried, don't play the fucking game. Some of you people just cry nonstop about every game released. Maybe you should find another hobby.
    Careful, telling people to sit down and shut up might open the Pandora's box of off-topic discussion no one asked for here. Seems to be the trend here lately. :D
    ultimateduck
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited October 2019
    Tiller said:
    Careful, telling people to sit down and shut up might open the Pandora's box of off-topic discussion no one asked for here. Seems to be the trend here lately. :D
    LOL... it's one think to have a discussion about legitimate concerns and another to add 100 posts to you already existing 21k post count saying the exact same ignorant shit every time the topic arises. We get it... you don't like the game. You don't have to play it.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Tiller said:
    LOL... it's one think to have a discussion about legitimate concerns and another to add 100 posts to you already existing 21k posts saying the exact same ignorant shit every time the topic arises.
    It's like HS here, I guess for some this is one of the many games when you see it in the hall you gotta give it a wedgie and stuff it into it's locker. xD
    ultimateduck
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:

It's like HS here, I guess for some this is one of the many games when you see it in the hall you gotta give it a wedgie and stuff it into it's locker. xD
    And what do people say about the bully giving wedgies? That hes a dick that has no friends and will probably not amount to anything in life. I guess I can see the comparison.
  • actionbrownactionbrown Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Apex on north american server 4k gold come on!!!!!!
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514
    what a bunch of crooks

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice in dumb comes to mind here. Revert the game to its non cookie cutter stats as it was in beta, and allow all the intended freedom of its " classless" design, and might save this game.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Is the cash shop the only issue with this game (either version)?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    any idea why we cant post any comments on blizzard news?.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am here now lol

I have not followed much of what the devs talk about because if you have paid attention i have mentioned MANY times i think the devs are idiots.

I do NOT play on official servers,that si the good thing about the game and why imo they were so hesitant to allow us single player mode or our own private servers.

So i play on a couple private servers and my own server,so i couldn't care less what cash shop they have in mind.
    Furthermore,i cannot see ANY way they could add a cash shop and i was already quite certain we would eventually see one.There seriously is NOTHING in the game to sell.

So the only way they could add anything is to add what we see some claim now and that is costumes.Yes i could see a p2w costume working for ppv and i am VERY well aware WHY they keep pushing pvp on us. iahve always wondered a few things abotu Atlas dev team but it is all quite clear to me now.
    Thing is i already have what i want,private servers,my own server and people can make mods for the game.It is not designed as a mmorpg so i do not play it like one,i just have fun building ships, sailing,building stuff and fighting the creatures and getting pets and the game is VERY challenging.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    DMKano said:
    NorseGod said:

Nope.

The publisher is hot garbage (Gamgio)

And the developers are beyond greedy (XL)

You cant trust either one at all - no matter what they say.
    Was going to keep an eye on it for awhile and not rush into it. But after that reply, it seems it would be a waste of time to follow it.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    NorseGod said:
    DMKano said:
    NorseGod said:

Nope.

Was going to keep an eye on it for awhile and not rush into it. But after that reply, it seems it would be a waste of time to follow it.
    You're really going to base your whole decision on what a random forum poster is saying?

Ok, well, I say it's worth keeping an eye on and that the publisher is putting in loads of effort to give the players exactly what they are asking for, they react quickly to feedback and are making sure the game is what they promised. They have delivered so far.

Do you listen to random internet person No. 1 or random internet person No. 2?

One is making sweeping accusations due to having a vendetta against all of Trion's ex-games because of things that happened in the past and the other is telling you exactly what the current state of the situation is like right now.

Just keep an eye on it and see how it turns out if you're interested. Don't take anything people say on forums too seriously. We could all be dribbling idiots that live in a box, you have no idea.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    NorseGod said:
    DMKano said:
    NorseGod said:

Nope.

DM rarely says anything positive about any game. If you listened to him/her (I'm not assuming gender ;)) you wouldn't play any game at all.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    NorseGod said:
    DMKano said:
    NorseGod said:

Nope.

DM rarely says anything positive about any game. If you listened to him/her (I'm not assuming gender ;)) you wouldn't play any game at all.
    21k posts is a lot to check.....
    ultimateduck