Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained has broken their No P2W promises

124»

Comments

  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 761
    I got the info from the internet. ( namely XLGames website ) 

    As far as the gifting being p2w goes,  trading money ( I assume you mean in game currency and not real currency ) for some one to gift them a costume was for sure not going to be within the rules of the game. . .

    . . .I make that statement because I used my very small brain to logically deduce that if gamigo wanted that to happen and sanctioned it they would have simply made the cash shop items tradeable between players

    they didn't
    your wrong


    . . .the analogy stands. 
    Iselinalkarionlog
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,653
    edited October 2019
    sayuu said:
    I got the info from the internet. ( namely XLGames website ) 

    As far as the gifting being p2w goes,  trading money ( I assume you mean in game currency and not real currency ) for some one to gift them a costume was for sure not going to be within the rules of the game. . .

    . . .I make that statement because I used my very small brain to logically deduce that if gamigo wanted that to happen and sanctioned it they would have simply made the cash shop items tradeable between players

    they didn't
    your wrong


    . . .the analogy stands. 
    But they can't stop someone from just trading a large amount of currency and the other player just so happens to give you a gifted cash shop item in return. It's what happens in quite a few MMORPG's (hell I traded a bunch of WoW gold for a cash shop mount a couple times), unless it's stated in the TOS specifically that you cannot give someone a large amount of currency for nothing. 

    Usually they catch gold farmers by the characters / accounts being flagged and trading big amounts of currency, but I doubt they could do it to legit players.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 761
    sayuu said:
    I got the info from the internet. ( namely XLGames website ) 

    As far as the gifting being p2w goes,  trading money ( I assume you mean in game currency and not real currency ) for some one to gift them a costume was for sure not going to be within the rules of the game. . .

    . . .I make that statement because I used my very small brain to logically deduce that if gamigo wanted that to happen and sanctioned it they would have simply made the cash shop items tradeable between players

    they didn't
    your wrong


    . . .the analogy stands. 
    But they can't stop someone from just trading a large amount of currency and the other player just so happens to give you a gifted cash shop item in return. It's what happens in quite a few MMORPG's (hell I traded a bunch of WoW gold for a cash shop mount a couple times), unless it's stated in the TOS specifically that you cannot give someone a large amount of currency for nothing. 

    Usually they catch gold farmers by the characters / accounts being flagged and trading big amounts of currency, but I doubt they could do it to legit players.
    yes your right, that is why when the community brought it to their attention they removed gifting.

    but going back to the chess analogy I made, RMT from a unauthorized 3 party for in-game advantage does not make a game P2W. . .unless you think Chess or solitaire are P2W because you can pay to cheat. . .



    alkarionlog
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Soybean said:
    In the last live stream they talked about Big Data Dude finding the code to put fluffy (an npc) on the PTS. Which was proof they had access to the code all along and were able to change things without XL Games permission.
    Able to isn't necessarily accompanied by permitted to.

    but they admitted to doing it on the live stream. The did not wait for a patch to come from XL games. So now what?


    alkarionlog
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 443
    But here is the question.

    Is Fluffy a bot inside the game itself?

    Or

    Is it a separate entity that is outside the games code parsing chatlogs then executing a preset GM command to give people stuff? Similar to a chatlog/dmg parser with a trigger command.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    sayuu said:
    Gamingo is not Trion. . . so if Trion said something and Gamingo does something else WHO THE F CARES?

    Gamingo's current licence for AA is for sure not the same as the one Trion had.
    Who cares? The people getting lied to and burned care. The people who got burnt in the game before care. 

    Maybe the license is the same and maybe it isn't we can only just speculate. Some of the ex trion employees are working for or with gamigo and we are being given the same old song and dance back then as we are now. We were told so many times how Trion could not do anything with the game and had to wait on XL but the lies are showing through.  Many people already see the writing on the wall for what is to come. It is only a matter of time before unchained becomes p2w.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    edited October 2019
    sayuu said:
    yes your right, that is why when the community brought it to their attention they removed gifting.

    but going back to the chess analogy I made, RMT from a unauthorized 3 party for in-game advantage does not make a game P2W. . .unless you think Chess or solitaire are P2W because you can pay to cheat. . .




    So who exactly is RMT in chess or solitaire? Where is the black market for this?  I don't remember solitaire being a competitive pvp game that has been crippled if you did not buy a patron/ sub.

  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Xatsh said:
    But here is the question.

    Is Fluffy a bot inside the game itself?

    Or

    Is it a separate entity that is outside the games code parsing chatlogs then executing a preset GM command to give people stuff? Similar to a chatlog/dmg parser with a trigger command.
    you would have to ask Gamigo that question. Good luck getting an answer.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 1,913
    Soybean said:
    Soybean said:
    In the last live stream they talked about Big Data Dude finding the code to put fluffy (an npc) on the PTS. Which was proof they had access to the code all along and were able to change things without XL Games permission.
    Able to isn't necessarily accompanied by permitted to.

    but they admitted to doing it on the live stream. The did not wait for a patch to come from XL games. So now what?


    Now, Trion is dead, and what they did do or would have done is irrelevant.
    Soybean
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    edited October 2019
    Soybean said:
    Soybean said:
    In the last live stream they talked about Big Data Dude finding the code to put fluffy (an npc) on the PTS. Which was proof they had access to the code all along and were able to change things without XL Games permission.
    Able to isn't necessarily accompanied by permitted to.

    but they admitted to doing it on the live stream. The did not wait for a patch to come from XL games. So now what?


    Now, Trion is dead, and what they did do or would have done is irrelevant.
    Umm, I am not sure what you are talking about since you are trying to change the subject.

    On Gamigo's Arche Age live stream a few days ago. The Gamigo team including GM Khrolan talked about Big Data Dude being able to find the code to put flufffy in the PTS. Some of the old Trion employees are either working with or working for the Gamigo. The point being is that they could change the code all along but lied about it.
     


  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,147
    edited October 2019
    LOL Who didn't know it would happen.

    Gifting /Me Gifts Cash Shop Item, Or Apex valued at $10.
    Gifting / Me gets 10 Gold for that $10 or whatever the current unoffical exchange rate.

    Personally I don't give a shit but might as well left it regular Arche Age.

    The only changes that really needed to be made was the enchanting pay 2 win materials, costumes and RNG boxes removed regular Arche Age was fine besides all that perhaps a bit easier to enchant.
  • JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Yup, on page 2 of the comments they edited their comment to reflect it.
Sign In or Register to comment.