Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar Cancels Physical Kickstarter Reward, Offers In-Game Items As Recompense - MMOR

2»

Comments

• AurorikinAurorikin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I'll still probably buy his next game :(. I'm part of the problem
    ScotKyleranNorseGod
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    sipu said:
    By pledging to kickstarter you take the risk that a particular game would never be finished. Even a half-smart human knows that, so what's the problem?
    Didn't the game launch? Or is it still pretending to be in EA? So in reality the kickstart is complete and so should the rest.. or am I missing something? Because im pretty sure a half-smart human would understand that.
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2019
    The physical items were no doubt promised because fans wanted to relive the days of getting a boxed set with a cloth map and so on. Times have changed, the digital age arrived, while posting and packaging did not get any cheaper. You can still do this sort of thing, after all they managed to get the other physical items out. But the idea assumes the game will be a success, which does not always happen.
    Kyleran
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Most of the comments on the official forum thread are very supportive of this announcement.  Either the remaining few players are as brainwashed as ever, or most of the negative comments are being deleted.  Or...maybe both.

I think they are honestly trying their best. Its just destined to fail

• cavin75cavin75 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    My wife self publishes her books and tells stories about how hard it is to sign any of the big publishers. They like sure things and will normally only sign books from well known authors or a premise that fits into the favor of the month. Exception being romance novels because they eat those up like candy.

That said its very easy to self publish through amazon and even print and deliver your books through the service. Just may not be the price portal wants.
    Kyleran
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72

We could not reach an agreement with the publisher?

I mean I bet the publisher will send those books for sure if someone pays them for it. Thats what book companies normally do for their living

The agreement was to pay 50 cents on the dollar for the book, but the publisher would not accept. So we couldn't reach an agreement.
    ScotKyleran
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Scot said:
    The physical items were no doubt promised because fans wanted to relive the days of getting a boxed set with a cloth map and so on. Times have changed, the digital age arrived, while posting and packaging did not get any cheaper. You can still do this sort of thing, after all they managed to get the other physical items out. But the idea assumes the game will be a success, which does not always happen.
    A lot of stretch goals on KSs and the like are not really well thought through.   Sometimes they really seem like spur of the moment additions.   And they can come back to bite you on the butt. 

Your take on the lure of these physical additions sounds real accurate...
    Scot

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    sipu said:
    By pledging to kickstarter you take the risk that a particular game would never be finished. Even a half-smart human knows that, so what's the problem?
    They still have to prove they intend to deliver.

Let's say you buy into a 5% investment (`$250K) to build an apartment complex. The General Contractor excavates the land and pours the foundation. Then the General Contractor does nothing else because "reasons". Sells off his equipment, takes that money, your money, and leaves town.

Would you eat the loss or take it to court?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Aurorikin said:
    I'll still probably buy his next game :(. I'm part of the problem
    As long as you know that. lol 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    The only negative things these days on the forums seem to be still the archery nerfs, and the odd post about skills. I dont think the 4000-5000 sub people are that upset over the changes. Most us welcomed the news of Catnip, this is a good move it removes some of the barriers.

Sub of book for the room posted above I am ok with. I can always get the book later when they get it produced. The dungeon stuff imo is worth more. especially with the inkle npc scripting stuff coming for players etc. this will be better then Neverwinters player made dungeon which were pretty awesome. look forward to all the tools they are giving the players before the end of the year.

Ep2 first land is coming dec.
  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Xee2018 said:
    The only negative things these days on the forums seem to be still the archery nerfs, and the odd post about skills.Most us welcomed the news of Catnip, this is a good move it removes some of the barriers.

Most welcomed Port giving up their offices for working at home, everyone was supportive of them laying off 3/4 of their staff, and most players said the devs were going to be more productive thus completing all of the unfinished mechanics and such. So sure go-ahead and believe that Catnip game acquiring the game is a good thing.  

In the latest release notes Ep 2 is coming in 2020, not Dec 2019. 
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Xee2018 said:
    The only negative things these days on the forums seem to be still the archery nerfs, and the odd post about skills. I dont think the 4000-5000 sub people are that upset over the changes. Most us welcomed the news of Catnip, this is a good move it removes some of the barriers.

Sub of book for the room posted above I am ok with. I can always get the book later when they get it produced. The dungeon stuff imo is worth more. especially with the inkle npc scripting stuff coming for players etc. this will be better then Neverwinters player made dungeon which were pretty awesome. look forward to all the tools they are giving the players before the end of the year.

That's because the forums are heavily moderated, and people are banned when they say too many things that Chris Spears and Starr Long don't like. I'm sure you know this, but it's convenient to ignore it, in order to keep on pretending that everything's fine with the game and the developer.

You're dreaming if you honestly think that anywhere near 5000 people are playing this game.