Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Blizzard should do

13»

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,013
    Honestly i ready hope that blizzard get destroyed . In this age , something as big as blizzard need to go down so the other can rise up

But i don't think consumers have enough power to do that .
    elveonealkarionlog
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,590
    Rhoklaw said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYta58KyAMY (Tim Pool)

To the moderators of this site. I don't want to tell you what you should do, but I'll ask. Please listen to what this guy says (Or someone like him if you don't like this guy, but someone with facts). I think he's nailing it on what Blizzard and other companies are doing.

To sit here and say "We are closing threads because of a no-politics subject rule" is archaic and no longer reasonable.  There is no separation of politics in gaming anymore. Our games are built around politics now. You can't just shut this down. It's a discourse that needs to happen. 
    No please no, please just close these threads.  All it comes out to is people forcing their bias opinions down each other's throats.  Doesn't help anyone to be informed because there are no facts just people trying to one up the other with their own bias opinions calling them facts.  The discourse would be take your politics elsewhere.
    Than what MMORPG.com needs to do is stop bringing politics to the table. They've done it countless times before and again with this story. If politics doesn't belong on this site, don't post political pieces.

I find it hilariously ironic how they preach, no political discussions, but they still write political pieces.
    MikeB has already made a statement on this.  Not every site is perfect.  There will be instances of this that will happen.  I mean, for as long as this site has been up, I can't remember the last time there was a political piece.  The only reason is probably because blizzard is one of the biggest names that is affected. 
    So, if it's not good enough for you then maybe this site isn't for you anymore.  But for me, I love this site.  I come here daily to read the bickering between everyone here.  It's fun to see the different opinions regarding gaming and all their thought processes even if I don't agree with them I still read them all.  But when it comes to politics in this day in age, there is no compromise or discussion.  It's always hatred between  groups and name calling.
    You realize what you sound like right? Someone just like the people who work on this site. We'll post political pieces and talk politics until we realize our readers who argue against our agenda outnumber us, then we'll shut it down. I don't think I need to remind you exactly what that sounds like, but it originated in Germany a few decades back, lol. Again, don't like losing political arguments? Then don't start them, period.
    YashaXNorseGod

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,255
    mbrodie said:
    Blizzard needs todo nothing, the guy broke the rules, he got punished.

Too bad, move on
    Except that they didn't have a no politics rule for him to break.  Look at their statement justifying the ban.  They don't cite a rule against political statements.  They cite a catchall that basically means that they can ban you for whatever reason they like.

If they had a rule against political statements, I'd agree with you.  But they didn't.  What they really need to decide is whether they want to have one.  If so, then announce it, enforce it consistently, and reduce the ban to a hand slap and a warning so as not to enforce the new rule retroactively.  And if not, then rescind the ban with a profuse apology.
    YashaXRhoklaw
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Took a while to stop laughing.. awesome! :p
    NorseGod
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYta58KyAMY (Tim Pool)

To the moderators of this site. I don't want to tell you what you should do, but I'll ask. Please listen to what this guy says (Or someone like him if you don't like this guy, but someone with facts). I think he's nailing it on what Blizzard and other companies are doing.

To sit here and say "We are closing threads because of a no-politics subject rule" is archaic and no longer reasonable.  There is no separation of politics in gaming anymore. Our games are built around politics now. You can't just shut this down. It's a discourse that needs to happen. 
    No please no, please just close these threads.  All it comes out to is people forcing their bias opinions down each other's throats.  Doesn't help anyone to be informed because there are no facts just people trying to one up the other with their own bias opinions calling them facts.  The discourse would be take your politics elsewhere.
    Than what MMORPG.com needs to do is stop bringing politics to the table. They've done it countless times before and again with this story. If politics doesn't belong on this site, don't post political pieces.

I find it hilariously ironic how they preach, no political discussions, but they still write political pieces.
    MikeB has already made a statement on this.  Not every site is perfect.  There will be instances of this that will happen.  I mean, for as long as this site has been up, I can't remember the last time there was a political piece.  The only reason is probably because blizzard is one of the biggest names that is affected. 
    So, if it's not good enough for you then maybe this site isn't for you anymore.  But for me, I love this site.  I come here daily to read the bickering between everyone here.  It's fun to see the different opinions regarding gaming and all their thought processes even if I don't agree with them I still read them all.  But when it comes to politics in this day in age, there is no compromise or discussion.  It's always hatred between  groups and name calling.
    You realize what you sound like right? Someone just like the people who work on this site. We'll post political pieces and talk politics until we realize our readers who argue against our agenda outnumber us, then we'll shut it down. I don't think I need to remind you exactly what that sounds like, but it originated in Germany a few decades back, lol. Again, don't like losing political arguments? Then don't start them, period.
    Uh you actually just proved my point but whatever, you got me so good.  Good for you.
This discussion has been closed.