Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS5 confirmed for holidays 2020

VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,858
Sony has confirmed that Playstation 5 will be launching holidays 2020.

The new console will have:
 -CPU based on AMD's Ryzen and GPU based on AMD's Navi
 -There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware
 -SSD disk
 -Physical games will use 100GB optical disks. Disk drive also doubles as 4K bluray player
 -Games will be able to display info on console's own UI without launching the game: For example you can have real-time list of multiplayer servers or info about ongoing event on console's own UI
 -New controller will have haptic feedback instead of "rumble" technology, and adaptive triggers that can offer varying levels of resistance. For example trigger resistance could be higher if you're shooting a shotgun, and lower if you're shooting machine gun

Hardware specs haven't yet been released.

Sources: 
 https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/
 https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/08/an-update-on-next-gen-playstation-5-launches-holiday-2020/

Comments

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,059
    OH boy I am so excited. Hoping for Spider-Man 2 or God of War 2 to follow shortly after. I am guessing rumors are true and Horizon Zero Dawn will release on launch day but I wasn't a fan of the first so...

Day one purchase for me. I will hold out on the new xbox though for a while. Just got an Xbox One X today. Going to pick it up in a few hours so I have enough games to hold me over
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,027
    If you stake out your place in line now you may be able to get one.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,059
    Amathe said:
    If you stake out your place in line now you may be able to get one.
    Stake out my place in line haha Nope i will be using the Amazon or Bestbuy.com