Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Updates Discuss Concepting Ship Weapons, Detail New Map - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Updates Discuss Concepting Ship Weapons, Detail New Map - MMORPG.com

A brace of updates from Star Citizen discuss concepting new ship weapons, as well as detailing a new map.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Will you be a merc ? Or a loyalist of the "Good Doctor" ?

".... Though no one knows exactly what happened the day the mercs struck, scattered comms between them paint enough of a picture. The invading forces entered atmosphere and landed to find the population center deserted, only to be ambushed after they separated into teams to search for Dr. Fayel. The attack was designed to draw the mercs away from their ships and allow the craft to be taken intact. Some believe those ships constitute the backbone of the fleet that still patrols and protects the planet to this day. ...."

Have fun

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Why are they talking like this project is going to be out soon....?
    renstagunklacker
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 490
    Still in the concept stage eh?
    NorseGodrenstagunklacker
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Time passing by..... life fading away,buy your concept ship todayyyy!
    gunklacker

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    Is this were all the money goes, some guys having some "wouldn't that be cool" moments via skype and charging $45 hour for it? These guys are no more professional than the D&D guys I remember from high school having their lunch time D&D GM meeting in the cafeteria.
    gunklacker
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2019

Still in the concept stage eh?

After it gets past the (somewhat tedious 4 minute) introduction the parts I watched were interesting: basically one of the concept designers going through how stuff has been / is created. Somewhat Bob Ross like for those who know about happy trees.

Which will apply to multiple games of course.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I would be happy to if i could get payed for having a fantasy rap session....
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I drew one too. How'd I do?

WhiteLanternTillerBeansnBreadArglebargleDemuertemmolou
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    Star Citizen will never release.
    sgelTillerErillionWalkinGlennNorseGod
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168

But, but it's already launched and it's everything they ever hoped for. You can fly around empty planets and take screenshots of yourself pretending to have fun with the two available ships. It's like digital LARPing, with magic tissue missiles and all.
    Erillion
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Oh, of course it will.  It just won't be released as claimed.   Because they've claimed it will have anything and everything.    Grandiosity that knows no bounds is very difficult to produce. 

And Roberts doesn't know what the word Hubris means....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DemuerteDemuerte Member UncommonPosts: 37
    SC reminds me a lot of the Man of LaMancha. But instead of tilting at windmills, he is shooting lasers at hallucinations.
    gunklacker
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    "Concepting" heh.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Demuerte said:
    SC reminds me a lot of the Man of LaMancha. But instead of tilting at windmills, he is shooting lasers at hallucinations.
    any  Don Quixote take get an automatic Awesome 
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    YOU GET A CONCEPT. AND YOU GET A CONCEPT. CONCEPTS FOR EVERYONE.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Albatroes said:

Because Sqadron 42 Beta is not in 2050 or never like some haters love to say but in 4 quarters, all SQ42 assets to be injected in Star Citizen at release while SC keep receiving quarterly patch adding contents and gameplay.
    WalkinGlennErillionmmolou

Tiller said:

Is this were all the money goes, some guys having some "wouldn't that be cool" moments via skype and charging $45 hour for it? These guys are no more professional than the D&D guys I remember from high school having their lunch time D&D GM meeting in the cafeteria.

I this all what you can serve us? Compating a +500 devs team valued by independent auditors at 500M$ and ONE communiction versus 3.7 coming in a week and two roadmaps?
    You realize that comparing 45$ to pledge for the whole project vs a few minutes video com is at best laughing?
    mmolouErillion

Haters hate, that their life commitment. Have a long life :)
    Erillion

Tiller said:

But, but it's already launched and it's everything they ever hoped for. You can fly around empty planets and take screenshots of yourself pretending to have fun with the two available ships. It's like digital LARPing, with magic tissue missiles and all.

The guys on youtube does not simulate fun. Keep comparing an Alpha with a fully polished and released game.... Meanwhile gamer still do remember the 55$ requested for Fallout 76, right from a publisher who made +730M$ in 24 hours (Fallout 4) but was not even able to copy/paste their assets to make a game (Fallout 76) remotely playable.

SC+SQ42 backers support this project precisely for the opposite reason.

YOU GET A CONCEPT. AND YOU GET A CONCEPT. CONCEPTS FOR EVERYONE.

Not even true. Out of 140 ships (all concept) at some point during the past years), +75% are flyable and recent ships are straight from concept to flyable.
    Erillion
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

Albatroes said:

Because Sqadron 42 Beta is not in 2050 or never like some haters love to say but in 4 quarters, all SQ42 assets to be injected in Star Citizen at release while SC keep receiving quarterly patch adding contents and gameplay.
    SQ42 will likely not have beta in 4 quarters. 4 quarters is just another estimate in the long line of release estimates RSI has failed to keep.
    NorseGod

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    edited October 2019
    JoeBlober said:

Albatroes said:

As I recall, you've been buying their claims for years.  Despite CIG being inaccurate about them - for years. 

While I'd agree that getting SQ42 out is a smart thing; after all the hype and moolah spent on it, it had better be really, really well done.   You, of course, think it will be the best thing ever, whereas I think their management is a slow motion trainwreck.  

How long has it been since they first said 4 quarters?  Gotta keep track of the moving goalposts.
    NorseGod

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Albatroes said:

SQ42 will likely not have beta in 4 quarters. 4 quarters is just another estimate in the long line of release estimates RSI has failed to keep.

Your call. Except RSI is not anymore the company which grow slowly from 12. New investors came end of 2018. They did have all insights, including finance and precise project dvelopment. At the same time, the all project was valued 500M$ per independent auditor, twice the amount of pledge. Clearly the guys with all information in hands validate RSI SQ42 release timing (including time for Beta).

Backers know which option is correct. Doubt from an anon guy on internet with zero information about current internal development or Independent Auditors and investors. The later, figure it out why :)
    ErillionWalkinGlennmmolouGdemami

JoeBlober said:

Albatroes said:

Because Squadron 42 Beta is not in 2050 or never like some haters love to say but in 4 quarters, all SQ42 assets to be injected in Star Citizen at release while SC keep receiving quarterly patch adding contents and gameplay.

As I recall, you've been buying their claims for years.  Despite CIG being inaccurate about them - for years. 

While I'd agree that getting SQ42 out is a smart thing; after all the hype and moolah spent on it, it had better be really, really well done.   You, of course, think it will be the best thing ever, whereas I think their management is a slow motion trainwreck.  

How long has it been since they first said 4 quarters?  Gotta keep track of the moving goalposts.

I don't buy any claims from RSI. I just use common sense, starting with facts like a project starting from scratch, 12 guys, no pipelines and 6M$ to 5 studios, +500 devs and independent auditors who valued the project to 500M$ back in Nov. 2018, private investors injecting 46M$... Those guys did not swallow ANY claims from RSI but got full internal visibility about overall progress and Finance.... including estimate of SQ42 release. Estimate by couple quarters not years or never.

Also backers are not blind people with zero clue about CR. The project got this support because of CR and for a simple reason: the guy always delivered very good to memorable games experience.
    The current SC Alpha with 3.7.0 coming live in a couple week do demonstrate what talented team can bring in game. Publishers still copy/paste same assets. RSI did add FOIP, 64 bits space engine, fully explorable ships, FPS + space to planet and now caves. Publishers could have done it since years, they do have Billions of cash but they don't, because they don't care about gamer but cash.

RSI did it from scratch and only 235M$ because creating company froms scratch is not free) with two roadmaps showing that one game will enter Beta in a year and the other (SC) with receive quarterly patch adding most gameplay and massive contents + all SQ42 assets at release. All for less than a Publishers triple-A : 45$

About management... I would buy 10K's of shares to any company that was valued 6M$ end of 2012 then 500M$ end of 2018 with close to 100% of... no debt and +1.2 million of individual backer right during an Alpha phase :)
    ErillionmmolouGdemami
  • KateWilliamsonKateWilliamson Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Hi everyone. I'm Kate. I'm art lover and a student at the New York Academy of Art. I can talk about the importance of street art for hours. I enjoy sharing my spare time with friends by examining coffee houses all around the city. Also I'm a part-time writer  at article writing service