Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Adventures: Three Major Things Elder Scrolls 6 Must Borrow from ESO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion
imageESO Adventures: Three Major Things Elder Scrolls 6 Must Borrow from ESO - MMORPG.com

ESO is no doubt a great game, one which I deeply enjoy. With Elder Scrolls 6 still years away, here are some great mechanics and features Elder Scrolls 6 must borrow from ESO in order for it to be something I consider worth my time and money.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MooncubusMooncubus Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I agree with all three points, but I can't help but notice that they all can be considered both from Oblivion and ESO. Both games do all three things really well and they're all things that could've made Skyrim so much better.
    That being said, I love all three games and have hundreds of hours in all of them. Likely will be the same for TES6
    Octagon7711
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "Undefined discussion subject." I thought this might be an @delete5230 thread.
    kitaradKyleran[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Prediction:MTX Nightmare
    SolancerTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Have to disagree on skills. That is one of the things I wouldnt like to see in ES6. If anything I want them to take a page from Final Fantasy XI and give every race and gender unique animations for combat, walking, casting, etc. Not going to happen though as Bethesda is more than happy doing the bare minimum and letting the mod community fix it. Invisible off hand weapons in Skyrim. Modders fixed that. Invisible weapons in Fallout 4. Modders fixed that.
    calibekmoroelPhry

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and here is the thing when we know the writer don't know waht the hell he is writing, classes? limiting use of skills?  fucking hell never in elder scrolls they did this, so why pray tell me downgrade the game even more? modders already ahve a huge work ahead of then to fix the game already and then come a "writer" ask to make things even worse for the modders to fix?
    cheebasomeforumguy
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Yeah going to have to say that the skills thing from skyrim is what I liked. I disliked the class structure from oblivion very much. I am way more into games with skills that having a class. In fact one of the things I wish they would do or never have done was get rid of classes in ESO and give each character a choice of 3 skills from the classes and let them choose their 3 "class" skills.
    alkarionlogpantaro

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited October 2019
    and here is the thing when we know the writer don't know waht the hell he is writing, classes? limiting use of skills?  fucking hell never in elder scrolls they did this, so why pray tell me downgrade the game even more? modders already ahve a huge work ahead of then to fix the game already and then come a "writer" ask to make things even worse for the modders to fix?
    Arena to Oblivion all have classes. Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion allow making a custom one. Although, the functionality got simplified over time as Daggerfall is literally a "make your own AD&D class" system with advantages/disadvantages and how much HP you gain at level up (balanced by how fast skill level up), while the later games are just a way to organize skills that is totally pointless because they can all be capped anyway.

Saying that, I find everything ESO subpar and not something anyone should use for inspiration.
    azarhal said:
    Arena to Oblivion all have classes. Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion allow making a custom one. Although, the functionality got simplified over time as Daggerfall is literally a "make your own AD&D class" system with advantages/disadvantages and how much HP you gain at level up (balanced by how fast skill level up), while the later games are just a way to organize skills that is totally pointless because they can all be capped anyway.

Saying that, I find everything ESO subpar and not something anyone should use for inspiration.
    ah you call the start archetype as class? that didn't stoped you from learning from others skills, only the majors would lvl faster then others and both major and minor would define your lvl, if you lvled the skills outside from these lines you would just stay on the same lvl, it was a thing to put only majors you could control the lvling and let the easy to lvl on others so when you lvl you could max the stats from lvl gains

its still complete diferent from eso, if you take the templar class you are locked out of the dragon knigh and mage skills, so eso you still can't learn all skills, and even so you can't use then all, with on elder scrolls you could use any spells and use all passive and active skills you could get

but yes bethesda is not that creative on they use, most skyrim system was derived from fallout, and then fallout 4 was a mix of the fallout and skyrim skills system, so we could expect that from ES6, with again would bring a hell of time for modders to fix
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    azarhal said:

ah you call the start archetype as class? that didn't stoped you from learning from others skills, only the majors would lvl faster then others and both major and minor would define your lvl, if you lvled the skills outside from these lines you would just stay on the same lvl, it was a thing to put only majors you could control the lvling and let the easy to lvl on others so when you lvl you could max the stats from lvl gains

its still complete diferent from eso, if you take the templar class you are locked out of the dragon knigh and mage skills, so eso you still can't learn all skills, and even so you can't use then all, with on elder scrolls you could use any spells and use all passive and active skills you could get

but yes bethesda is not that creative on they use, most skyrim system was derived from fallout, and then fallout 4 was a mix of the fallout and skyrim skills system, so we could expect that from ES6, with again would bring a hell of time for modders to fix
    They are called classes in the games and Daggerfall had some of them that couldn't use certain weapons or cast magic (part of the advantages/disadvantages system), but like I said Morrowind/Oblivion simplified the system a lot.

It has nothing in common with ESO though, that agree.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    More like Morrowind and earlier titles less like Skyrim is what I want..

I will agree with skills but mainly the melee ones.
    Viper482[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I agree about the skills and classes. The implementation of a hybrid class/classless system in ESO is why I've played it since release.

And the "choose which 12 to use" from your pool of nearly 100 that you know and could use is a positive not a negative. It's an extra tactical choice layer that adds some spice to the skill/class system.
    [Deleted User]bcbullysomeforumguyTacticalZombehalkarionlogOctagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I agree with you on those things and would love it if ESO devs to look at other mmos and improved their combat animations. That's the one thing that bugs me with ESO. I like everything about that game but cannot get over the awkward running and combat animations.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    From what you wrote and want you already have your ES6 ..Just play ESO .... ESO is played mostly solo anyhow ..

Dun know why you would basically want ES6 to be ESO .. when you already have ESO
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Disagree on all three points.
    Viper482alkarionlog
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited October 2019
    No no no no no no no no no. If ANYTHING they should be looking to Morrowind for what to do next, not ESO. This thread should be burned at the stake.
    alkarionlogsausagemix
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Abundance of skills? Youre kidding right? ESO is a complete trash fest with spammable skills with zero meaning.. all doing the same thing across all classes with a little bit of a different effect. There are no cooldowns for big spells and no reason to use the vast majority of spells/skills because spamming "uppercut" does more damage than anything. ESO is a joke and shouldnt be looked at for actual elder scrolls.
    Viper482alkarionlogPonku
  • strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284

Torval said:

Scorchien said:

From what you wrote and want you already have your ES6 ..Just play ESO .... ESO is played mostly solo anyhow ..

Dun know why you would basically want ES6 to be ESO .. when you already have ESO

Well why make ES6 at all then? It's going to take attributes from previous ES games. I'd much rather have them model things from ESO or most any of the other ES games than Skyrim. It's a fine game, but I think that's true despite some tiring flaws, like poor writing. It's the modding freedom that makes Skyrim so attractive long term in my opinion, not the original game play.

People keep talking about ES6 as if its coming out in the next 5 years. That game won't be released for a LONG LONG TIME.

They haven't even started the tech doc for it yet long time. They are not going to undercut their current cash cow (yes ESO makes a lot of money) and Starfield is Bethesda favorite child atm.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Unless they get a new game engine for ES6 then i doubt i will buy it, Bethesda may want to create a good game, but i don't know as they have the right people to actually do it. :/
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited October 2019
    Torval said:

- No damn cash shop, loot crates, or RMT.
    Those are exactly the "three" things from ESO which I'm almost sure we'll see in ES6.   :D

That said, I think they should borrow some sort of multiplayer feature say from Fallout 76.

Wait, hear me out. I've been playing FO76 recently with a friend (yes, I have 1 or 2) and it's a completely different experience.

From building camps to clearing a building of Super Mutants the game is just a whole bunch more fun.

So while I certainly don't want to see the same buggy mess, some sort of multiplayer would be welcome for me.

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind if they also included the automatic combat shotgun as well, but that's probably asking a bit much I suppose. 

;)

Roin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Only thing elder scroll 6 needs is to remove creation club. If its not gonne, then I will not waste money on the game.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    No classes please. Let us mix and match skilltrees to our choice. With levelling skills on use. I actually prefer Skyrim's system over ESO's system.

ESO's system is made that way to create a clear structure for group content. With support and dps roles. I think its nice on paper, but in practice, meh.
    RoinOctagon7711Agent_Joseph
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

Those are exactly the "three" things from ESO which I'm almost sure we'll see in ES6.   :D

That said, I think they should borrow some sort of multiplayer feature say from Fallout 76.

Wait, hear me out. I've been playing FO76 recently with a friend (yes, I have 1 or 2) and it's a completely different experience.

From building camps to clearing a building of Super Mutants the game is just a whole bunch more fun.

So while I certainly don't want to see the same buggy mess, some sort of multiplayer would be welcome for me.

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind if they also included the automatic combat shotgun as well, but that's probably asking a bit much I suppose. 

;)

If I were a gambler this is the bet I'd take. I think it's going to a lot like FO76. They'll take all the lessons learnt there and try to make a better revenue generator.

Other features?
    - cash shop/RMT of some sort for sure
    - no modding
    - multiplayer like FO76. no more true single player mode.
    - possibly console exclusive for the first year.

My guess is it will also have most or all of those features as well.
    I really don't think they would go forced multiplayer / no modding for Elder Scrolls 6. Maybe if they did another offshoot game but it would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot as a very very large portion of the Elder Scrolls fans (at least Skyrim fans) like it being a closed off single player experience.

I can see the console exclusivity though, that's likely on the table. 

Modding is going to be a weird one. I think they will allow modding but will try to implement a store for it again. I just think it has to be done correctly for the fans to actually accept it. 

But with how Bethesda has been doing things recently, maybe you are 100% right on your list. It will be really interesting to see how the reaction is to this game if they try to change the experience into a cash shop always online revenue generator instead of a well made single player open world RPG. 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

;)

If I were a gambler this is the bet I'd take. I think it's going to a lot like FO76. They'll take all the lessons learnt there and try to make a better revenue generator.

Other features?
    - no modding

so you mean they will learn nothing from FO76?

damn and here I was thinking I was the only one who though bethesda devs are incompetents
    [Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    With the s**t that Bethesda has pulled recently, I have no high hopes for ES6.
    Guilty until proven innocent.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited October 2019
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

;)

Other features?
    - no modding

so you mean they will learn nothing from FO76?

damn and here I was thinking I was the only one who though bethesda devs are incompetents
    Well, for all the grief they get about FO76, I think its turning a decent profit for what they put in.

Some folks must love the game, I regularly see players in the 325 to 395 level range and many of the bases I've visited are full of atomic store exclusives.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon