Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your alltime favorite MMO list

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
For me its a short list..
only the games i played for a span of years (off and on) made it on my list

1) LOTRO
2) GW2
3) EQ
4) WOW
5) ESO
6) DAOC
7) EQ2
8) SWTOR

Currently switching between GW2 and ESO...
Considering jumping back to LOTRO, as i havent played it in a very long time (lvl 90 max)

i am the type of player that plays these games for the journey/story and not the endgame (used to be hardcore tough)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Phaserlight

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited October 2019
    None of these were perfect, but I spent an inordinate amounts of time (years) in each.

EverQuest 1
    World of Warcraft
    City of Heroes
    Wizard101
    Phaserlight

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• PirrayaPirraya Member UncommonPosts: 14
    LOTRO
    GW1
    WOW
    GW2
    EQ2
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    1. Vendetta Online
    2. World of Warcraft

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    1. Asheron's Call 
    2. Dark Age of Camelot 
    3. Albion Online
    4. Asheron's Call 2
    5. Guild Wars 1 
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    1. Dark Age of Camelot
    2. Star Wars Galaxies
    3. Ultima Online
    4. Every other MMO was equally fun and disappointing. WoW, GW 2, Eve, ESO, Wildstar, LOtRO, BD, Champions, DCO, blah, blah.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My top 5

1. EQ1
    2. CoH
    3. SWG
    4. SWTOR
    5. GW2

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    SWG
    EQ
    AoC

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    SWG
    L2
    PS2

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited October 2019
    EQ
    Anarchy Online
    WoW
    Ryzom
    EQ2
    Atlantica online
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    EVE
    SWG

And Entropia universe . . . Love the real cash economy
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its like Deja Vu all over again  :p
    PhaserlightPo_ggLord.BachusHatefull
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DAoC
    ESO
    LOTRO
    Asheron's Call
    WOW
    Rift
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    EQ2
    DAoC
    UO (because it was my first)
    Rift
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    edited October 2019
    Lotro
    WoW
    EQ2
    Rift
    STO
    SWTOR
    ESO
    GW2
    TSW
    AoC
    FFXI
    FFXIV

hoping Pantheon will be the next addition to this list

on a side note an MMO lite game I hop back into, especially today with it's new expansion:  Destiny 2
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Iselin said:
    DAoC
    ESO
    LOTRO
    Asheron's Call
    WOW
    Rift
     What do you like about ESO better than WoW?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited October 2019
    Phry said:
    Its like Deja Vu all over again  :p
    Yep, it's a frequent topic, comes up every year :)

What the heck, why not chalk up a repeat: I'm a hopper, I don't have a toplist. Rather that I use a bracket system, main MMOs, 2nd level MMOs, the rest, and an ignore category.
    I always play one of the main games (hop from one to the next every 2-3 months), I mostly play one of the 2nd level games on the side, but sometimes switch that with one from the Rest, if there's a random event or a new launch, etc.

Mains: LotRO, AoC, CO  (TSW was here too until Funcom axed it... For several years STO was here instead of CO, they swapped places at around CO's Onslaught update.)

2nd level: STO, DCUO, Neverwinter, SWTOR. (Wildstar was here until Nc axed it...)

Rest: anything else, minus the ignored. It's a long list, since I like to try a lot of different games, but here are the oldies too which I don't play regularly anymore.
    The currently installed ones are EVE, DDO, AO, GW, EQ2.

The ignored: AA, GW2, BDO, ESO. 

edit: on a more thorough glance, maybe I should drop down Neverwinter to the Rest category, I've barely played it after Mod16, and doesn't plan to either...  sure, Neverember's recruit event will start today and it's usually fun.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    DAoC
    ESO
    LOTRO
    Asheron's Call
    WOW
    Rift
     What do you like about ESO better than WoW?
    #1 on the list for me would be the more open skill trees. Also no global CD, casting while moving, active blocking, real MMO style persistent PvP in Cyrodiil.

But I've been playing much more WOW than ESO recently and what WOW has all over ESO is infrastructure. WOW has no bugs to speak of, their patching and playing while most of the game DLs on the background, customer support... ESO looks like amateur hour compared to WOW with respect to all the support systems... also no freaking lootbox horseshit.
    Phaserlightbcbully
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196
    #1. SWG
    #2. EQ2

That's about it for me.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Only including the MMOs that I played for longer than 3 months.

1) SWG
    2) LotRO
    3) WAR
    4) SWTOR

Choosing between SWG and LotRO is a hard one. I only played SWG pre-cu for about 10 months. As a game and as a concept, I loved everything about it and what it was trying to achieve. That said, I stuck with LotRO for about 5 years total, made better friends in that game and had better moment-by-moment experiences due to the deep combat system. But, it was still a themepark, so as a concept I wasn't impressed and I definitely felt the lack of the virtual world. If LotRO had had shallow combat, I'd have probably quit a lot sooner.
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Lotro upto Mines of Moria. Best game I have ever played. I am really enjoying Wow Classic as well. Thats my list the only 2 MMO's I have really enjoyed

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    1. Everquest
    2. See above
    3. See above
    4. See above
    5. See above
    [Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    In no particular order:

Anarchy Online
    Ryzom
    Tabula Rasa
    LotRO
    Vanguard

Funnily enough I spent most my time in WoW and FFXIV, they wouldn't make the list though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Phaserlight
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• mchurch13mchurch13 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited October 2019
    I don't think I really have a favorite anymore...I play occasionally but I don't have the time to sink into any MMO like I used to back in the day.  Sadly, most of my in-game friends have moved on as well and no longer have the time/desire to spend large amounts of time.  I have always been the lone-wolf type player, but many MMOs can be a complete chore without a steady group of friends.

I have played many in my 30+ years of gaming...

Eh, I won't take time to list them all... Meridian 59 was my first 3D MMO but I didn't spend much time on that before EQ came out (which pretty much killed it when everyone left for EQ).  EQ was the one that I played the longest sequential amount of time on (5-6 years I think).  I have played almost every main MMO to come out since then (up until recently anyways.  I am mainly a PVE player and don't care for the forced PVP of many of the latest games).

If I had to choose one to play as a "favorite" now, I guess it would be ESO or GW2.  You can jump in, play a bit, and feel like you accomplished something without it being a chore...

Overall, I would have had to say EQ.  But it just doesn't compare today.  The graphics are dated and it's definitely not an easy beginner MMO.  But something about it just draws me back...even though I never made it to max level (I had too many Alts haha).  One of my favorite things to do was to sit outside the Newbie Area (whichever one, didn't matter really) with my Druid and buff new players.  EQ was so much more fun and easy when a lvl 1 mob didn't kick your arse...

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    FFXI
    Albatroes