Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nomadic Survival MMO, Last Oasis, Hitting Steam Early Access Q1 2020 - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNomadic Survival MMO, Last Oasis, Hitting Steam Early Access Q1 2020 - MMORPG.com News

Nomadic survival MMO, Last Oasis, is hitting Steam Early Access in Q1 2020, and brings with it a shiny new trailer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• snarre123snarre123 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Love this music!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like a spin off of Atlas. Well another survival game, might be interesting i guess.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Phry said:

Sounds like a spin off of Atlas. Well another survival game, might be interesting i guess.

It looks like it might actually have a large scale goal with the PvP instead of just surviving mindless PK and fort smashing. Kind of what is missing from survival games, a point to why you need to survive. That is why I get bored with survival games as a whole.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited September 2019
    I hope devs read comments.

DONT make things worse and worse like ATLAS did.

In ATLAS:

If you have house and ship in guild territory and you leave guild everything is theirs.

If you have house and ship every guild officer can go inside, open storages and take whatever they want.

Atlas optimization is really bad.

Also i see clans will get reward from every player who gather in their territory, and i really need to suggest that it become fair and spread all reward resources to all clan members not just clan leader because this became huge problem. You are active, doing everything with your clan and from all of it you dont get any reward only guild leader which is really bad.
    Post edited by Haki88 on
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    This is like the 3rd delay... I guess that is good?
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    You really have to question if these people know what "nomad" entails.  Moving cities, indeed.  Maybe an interesting idea, but quite probably buried by all sorts of environmental pseudo-science.  This game sounds like it is the thing that will struggle for survival.

I guess I should be thankful that it's not another dystopian future caused by a nuclear apocalypse.  That shows they are thinking somewhat outside the box, at least as far as their lore is concerned.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Mendel said:
    You really have to question if these people know what "nomad" entails.  Moving cities, indeed.  Maybe an interesting idea, but quite probably buried by all sorts of environmental pseudo-science.  This game sounds like it is the thing that will struggle for survival.

I guess I should be thankful that it's not another dystopian future caused by a nuclear apocalypse.  That shows they are thinking somewhat outside the box, at least as far as their lore is concerned.

Maybe original, maybe inspired by Predator cities series of books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Engines_Quartet
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Pingu2012 said:
    Mendel said:

Maybe original, maybe inspired by Predator cities series of books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Engines_Quartet
    And the movie of the same name.  This may be the first time that a mobile city is a key element in a game.

(Books were better than the movie, imo).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    When I first saw this I thought "That's Worlds Adrift on sand".

Thought being stuck on the "ground" I imagine it'll mean that PvPers are even more favored, since you could at least be in the bottom cloud bank in WA.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2019