Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can somebody give me a run down on the original Archeage Land-grab problem?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 6,945
Can somebody give me a run down on the original Archeage Land-grab problem?

I see this mentioned a lot, but I dont understand it since I only played like a few hours when the game went free for a bit. So I dont really know the deep mechanics of the original game. WHy was this such a problem and how exactly did it work?

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,177
    Simple explanation- 

Original AA had a much smaller number of total available land plots compared to total players per server. 

What made the problem much worse is that a single account could claim 100s of plots thus causing a huge imbalance. 

What further made the problem even worse is that there was a 3rd party hack to claim the plots before anyone else - thus completely screwing over regular non-cheating players.

So the end result is a small number of cheating players claimed a huge % of all land plots.

Was super shitty.
    Viper482Kyleran
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 115
    hopefully they change the way it works if not it will just be another failure land wise though the lack of using real cash to buy stuff should make it a lot harder for a few to own everything
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,711
    edited September 29
    DMKano said:
    Simple explanation- 

Original AA had a much smaller number of total available land plots compared to total players per server. 

What made the problem much worse is that a single account could claim 100s of plots thus causing a huge imbalance. 

What further made the problem even worse is that there was a 3rd party hack to claim the plots before anyone else - thus completely screwing over regular non-cheating players.

So the end result is a small number of cheating players claimed a huge % of all land plots.

Was super shitty.

I would add to this the plots were not standardized so poor placement created an extreme waste of space, sometimes on purpose. The neighborhoods were horribly unorganized, like a bunch of houses just fell from the sky and landed randomly next to each other.
    DMKano
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,177
    Viper482 said:
    DMKano said:
    Simple explanation- 

Was super shitty.

I would add to this the plots were not standardized so poor placement created an extreme waste of space, sometimes on purpose. The neighborhoods were horribly unorganized, like a bunch of houses just fell from the sky and landed randomly next to each other.

Correct - not all plots were created equal - some plots were on like extreme slopes which prevented placement of all kinds of stuff.

Those super crap plots are still in the game hehe - that hasn't changed.