Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One weird issue

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
edited September 2019 in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
Forgive me but sometimes I research things just to pass the time.

Visionary Realms, Inc. is (or was) a Delaware Corporation with its principal office in California, according to the California Secretary of State website.

VR may use another corporate entity these days with Visionary Realms as a dba - I can't say.

But the Terms of Service on its website contains a contract with Visionary Realms, Inc.

Their office is listed as:

7668 El Camino Real
Suite 104-341
Carlsbad, CA 92009
USA

There is a picture of their office on their website. It is very nice and modern.

And it may exist. I can't say because I live 3,000 miles away.

I can say the address corresponds closely to a mailbox rental company:

https://www.postalannex.com/mailbox-rental/carlsbad/12

Now back to the California Secretary of State.

They list VR as "FTB Forfeited". 

What does that mean? Here is how it is defined on the California Secretary of State website:

FTB Suspended or FTB Forfeited:
The business entity was suspended or forfeited by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to meet tax requirements (e.g., failure to file a return, pay taxes, penalties, interest).

SOS/FTB Suspended or SOS/FTB Forfeited:The business entity was suspended or forfeited by both the Secretary of State and the Franchise Tax Board as stated above.

See here.

C3662518    VISIONARY REALMS, INC.

Registration Date:
04/01/2014
Jurisdiction:
DELAWARE
Entity Type:
FOREIGN STOCK
FTB FORFEITED
Agent for Service of Process:
BRAD MCQUAID
4403 MANCHESTER AVE SUITE 208
ENCINITAS CA 92024
Entity Address:
4403 MANCHESTER AVE SUITE 208
ENCINITAS CA 92024
Entity Mailing Address:
7668 EL CAMINO REAL #104-341
CARLSBAD CA 92009

See https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=03662518-21776243

Now all of this may be nothing of concern. They may have an office at 7668 El Camino Real or at Manchester Avenue. And they may have created a new business entity using VR as a dba.

But if I were considering sending VR money, I would want to know what is up with this?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

KyleranPhaserlight

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited September 2019
    I say this loosely but I'm concerned for Pantheon. I thought they were making some strides early in the year, but it feels like production has slowed down significantly. Their communication has fallen significant lately as well. If they're trying to generate or maintain hype, their approach is lacking in my opinion.

I can only imagine that maybe the idea was that they would get to a point and a major publisher would pick them up. Repeating Vanguard, so to speak. Now that no one has done that, they may just be floating along.. hoping, wishing.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The paperwork looks pretty normal to me.  The business uses a P.O. Box for correspondence.  All principal officers list the business P.O. Box for their contact information.  The company is probably listed in Delaware, as tax laws there are amazingly lenient for businesses.  Fairly commonplace setup, I'd expect.

I am surprised a bit that California didn't require the Delaware information.  That seems to be covered with the 'Foreign' status -- 'not in California'.  The FTB Forfeited status probably relates to where the company pays state taxes, to Delaware or to California.  This could easily be completely wrong, though.  I'm not very familiar with California law and the corresponding paperwork.

KyleranPhaserlight

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    So almost 3 years ago.  Case number isn't coming up on that site you listed...so I'm just going to assume it's been resolved.  But for all the folks that love the "I told you so" game and the conspiracy theorist...go have some fun.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I guess it would depend on WHY the business was suspended and if it has been reinstated or in limbo mode where they can hold onto contracts by paying a penalty.
    It could a simple case of not filing the proper paperwork but i "think"this would have some grace period and not like 1 day late so we are shutting you down.

So the real question is,are they still under a suspended state and for how long and if so,then a good chance all is lost,they would have no legal rights under their title,all contracts void.

If all is back on track,business as usual it would still be interesting to know WHY it was suspended.You would think they have a regular accountant so it doesn't make sense that paper work or taxes are not done on time.SO to me there is likely something a little sketchy going on.

It is the gaming business....there is ALWAYS something sketchy going on.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Kumapon said:
    I say this loosely but I'm concerned for Pantheon. I thought they were making some strides early in the year, but it feels like production has slowed down significantly. Their communication has fallen significant lately as well. If they're trying to generate or maintain hype, their approach is lacking in my opinion.

I can only imagine that maybe the idea was that they would get to a point and a major publisher would pick them up. Repeating Vanguard, so to speak. Now that no one has done that, they may just be floating along.. hoping, wishing.
    I don't follow it too closely, just looked into things recently and watched a couple videos for the first time in probably 6 months....But they said they went 'dark' to work on some project I can't remember how to spell for some game design systems.  I guess it is pretty much done, and they said the next pre-alpha (which could be the current one, not sure, since the news was already about a month old) was the last pre-alpha, then the regular alpha would launch with 'full features'.  I imagine if this is all correct, then talk will be picking up, as more people will be getting in to play, even with a NDA, I imagine their official videos will increase...  Even if Alpha does launch in say 2-3 months, who knows how long the alpha and beta will be...So it is still going to be a while.  People are following it too closely, its like kids trying to get to sleep before xmas morning.
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I have family that lives near there.  I'll be down there eventually to visit.  If there was an office building there I would happily bring them some coffe/cokes/donuts.

Looking it up on google satellite it looks to just be a PO box at a Postalannax+.  Next door to a nail salon, a broken yolk cafe and the La Costa animal hospital if I am looking at the right place?
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    If one of my links broke, you can run your own search here: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Geeky said:

But for all the folks that love the "I told you so" game and the conspiracy theorist...go have some fun.
    I am not such a person. And I am not accusing anyone of anything. But I do wonder what is up with the things I listed. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited September 2019
    well found this:

Forfeiture of an entity's charter or status usually occurs when the entity fails to file its annual personal property tax return, or fails to pay the $350 annual fee for maintaining legal status.

Reinstatement is automatic if all past filings and fees are paid, and its legal status is then made good retroactively to the point when it was forfeited (as if there had bee no forfeiture).

In the meantime, however, the owners of the forfeited LLC become trustees of the LLC's assets and can be sued in their own names. A forfeited LLC cannot appear as a party in a case or seek any court relief, so long as it's status is forfeited. If you are suing the forfeited LLC, you would sue the individual owners both personally and as trustees of the assets of the forfeited LLC, as well as separately name the LLC as a party in case the owners reinstate the status with SDAT. 

I should add that I think they are using this as a PO box and that they don't have one office or might not be in a commercial space. I don't think their "office" is there at all.

AmatheKylerancheyaneMendel[Deleted User]ScotKumapon
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited September 2019
    This is like when a court case becomes of interest to the media and journalists find things that do not add up. But that's life you see, things do not always add up; what you think is a smoking gun may or may not be significant. They can keep stories based on such "evidence" going even after the case is closed and the person found to be innocent or guilty.

Amathe says he is not sure what these details exactly mean and that seems be the case for the rest of the posters. I do think too much is being read into this, but I don't blame him for bringing up something that he finds concerning.

It is either the scoop of the year or much ado about nothing and we all get to decide which it is, that's the crazy beauty of the internet. :)
    Amathe
    Sovrath said:

I should add that I think they are using this as a PO box and that they don't have one office or might not be in a commercial space. I don't think their "office" is there at all.

Yes but they do feature this one on their web page:

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Sovrath said:
    well found this:

Forfeiture of an entity's charter or status usually occurs when the entity fails to file its annual personal property tax return, or fails to pay the $350 annual fee for maintaining legal status.

Reinstatement is automatic if all past filings and fees are paid, and its legal status is then made good retroactively to the point when it was forfeited (as if there had bee no forfeiture).

In the meantime, however, the owners of the forfeited LLC become trustees of the LLC's assets and can be sued in their own names. A forfeited LLC cannot appear as a party in a case or seek any court relief, so long as it's status is forfeited. If you are suing the forfeited LLC, you would sue the individual owners both personally and as trustees of the assets of the forfeited LLC, as well as separately name the LLC as a party in case the owners reinstate the status with SDAT. 

Hmmm.  Since one of the dates associated with the FTB Forfeited status is from 2014, I'm wondering if this is from Brad's fiscal misadventures at the start of the project.  It could well be this is/was old paperwork, and the FTB Forfeited status has been resolved.  Nothing ever gets deleted from the internet, and government documents are particularly guilty of that. 

So, my guess is that this isn't still relevant; just more old information.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Mendel said:
    Sovrath said:
    well found this:

Hmmm.  Since one of the dates associated with the FTB Forfeited status is from 2014, I'm wondering if this is from Brad's fiscal misadventures at the start of the project.  It could well be this is/was old paperwork, and the FTB Forfeited status has been resolved.  Nothing ever gets deleted from the internet, and government documents are particularly guilty of that. 

So, my guess is that this isn't still relevant; just more old information.

That 04/01/2014 number is the date of incorporation. Not the FTB Forfeited status. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:

Well, those seem to be awfully big windows. The space where that address has a different facade on the outside.

My guess is that if that is indeed their office then it's actually in a warehouse (which is what I would do by the way) and that they are using that address as their mailbox.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I did just find this on the Delaware corporate site:

THIS IS NOT A STATEMENT OF GOOD STANDING
    File Number:5408064Incorporation Date / Formation Date:10/1/2013
    (mm/dd/yyyy)
    Entity Name:VISIONARY REALMS, INC.
    Entity Kind:CorporationEntity Type:General
    Residency:DomesticState:
    DELAWARE

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited September 2019
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:

I believe it, look at how many developers we can see working there, explains the slow level of progress.

:D 
    SovrathAmathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    I believe it, look at how many developers we can see working there, explains the slow level of progress.

:D 
    I startled the uber driver when I laughed out loud reading this. I rate this your best post ever.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    edited September 2019
    Arterius said:
    Xthos said:
    Kumapon said:

I don't follow it too closely, just looked into things recently and watched a couple videos for the first time in probably 6 months....But they said they went 'dark' to work on some project I can't remember how to spell for some game design systems.  I guess it is pretty much done, and they said the next pre-alpha (which could be the current one, not sure, since the news was already about a month old) was the last pre-alpha, then the regular alpha would launch with 'full features'.  I imagine if this is all correct, then talk will be picking up, as more people will be getting in to play, even with a NDA, I imagine their official videos will increase...  Even if Alpha does launch in say 2-3 months, who knows how long the alpha and beta will be...So it is still going to be a while.  People are following it too closely, its like kids trying to get to sleep before xmas morning.
    They have never said  that next PA would be the last. In fact in on of their newsletters they said that there would more then likely be a PA6 if problems were found in Project Farethale and their will be with how big it is going to be. I would guess that the next PA will be announced in a January newsletter (at best) and there will at least be a PA6 ore even a 7.
    I watched a video, where someone talked to them, and stated this, but I guess if the new project crashes and burns, yes their would be more, even if the intentions are for this to be the last.  I can try to find the video, but no idea if I will be able to.  Like I said, I don't pay a ton of attention usually.  

Edit:  Found the video from Nathan Napalm (I dont know who any of these people are, I just do searches and click, and it is often at 4am before bed), and he said that it is supposed to be the last, then later he has voice from Brad stating that it is probably the last (wont be definitive, given the scenario something bad happens and they aren't where they think they are).

Post edited by Xthos on