Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands on the Switch

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,888
So just finished watching the first episode of The Borderlands show. Near the end they asked about Borderlands 3 or Borderlands in general coming to the switch. The answer surprised the crap out of me.

"Never say never soon."

Randy Pitchford has been very vocal on his hate of Nintendo in the past and during his many twitter spats has mentioned his disdain for the switch and how its a step backwards for consoles. So I am stunned that their is even a discussion of bring either Borderlands 3 or 2 to the switch.

He also said that they are working hard on not just making cross platform happen but cross saves as well and that they are hoping to announce something soon. 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,505
    As it does not run well unless you have a powerful rig it is very doubtful it will make it to the underpowered Switch.
    MikeBTorval
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,888
    Ozmodan said:
    As it does not run well unless you have a powerful rig it is very doubtful it will make it to the underpowered Switch.
    Ozmodan said:
    I don't think that we will see 3 on Switch but maybe 2
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Ozmodan said:
    I never underestimate the ability to make a quality port.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,832
    The first 3 Borderlands games shouldn’t be a problem at all, the Switch runs Doom and Wolfenstein.

As for Borderlands 3, it runs on the U4 engine. And the Switch is very, very capable of running games made on that. Is that true in this specific case? I don’t know but I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,704
    Ozmodan said:
    But is that indicative of what Borderlands 3 should be running like, or was it just a rush job?

Like, if the Switch can handle Xenoblade Chronicles 2, there is no reason why it should struggle with Borderlands. Consoles shouldn't be struggling with it. PCs certainly shouldn't be.

They just rushed it to market and I expect its performance to improve drastically with patches over the coming months.
  • DatastarDatastar Member UncommonPosts: 323
    This rendition of borderlands 3 is struggling to run on high end PC's I doubt it will ever see the light of day on a switch.
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    Not gonna lie BL on the switch would help the community grow a huge amount.

Shaman Raid Tank & expert in off-meta specs: Priest Tank

Melee Hunter

Smite Priest

Support Warrior

and more...

• SHINOBI75SHINOBI75 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Hej , i don't know but for my opinion Switch is not cool console for gaming
    Aeander