Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Mordor Images :)

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,358
edited September 19 in Lord of the Rings Online

Texturing pop 

I am putting a spoiler because i don't want anyone to get dissapointed they can't get their LotrO to llok like mine ;) .

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
#BoycottChina
Post edited by Prime_Directive on
Po_ggScotAmathe

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,764
    edited September 19
    Mordor does not have an apostrophe in it, perhaps you are hinting at the odd way it is pronounced which is close to "murder", the "o" being half way to a "u". Well in the films anyway. :)
    Prime_Directive

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,721
    Maybe it was a hint for the place is lacking of doors - you know, like in the name of the fan-favourite instrument Moor Cowbell :smile:
    (of course that's also a jab at the Ferrell meme)
    Prime_Directive
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,358
    edited September 19
    Scot said:
    Mordor does not have an apostrophe in it, perhaps you are hinting at the odd way it is pronounced which is close to "murder", the "o" being half way to a "u". Well in the films anyway. :)
    Mor as in More Mordor pictures :D I changed the title for less confusion ;)
    Scot
    #BoycottChina
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,070

Texturing pop 

I am putting a spoiler because i don't want anyone to get dissapointed they can't get their LotrO to llok like mine ;) .

How do you get your mordor to look like that?  B)

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,211
    Mordor made me quit lotro :(
    Maurgrim said:
    Why?

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    Very cool
    Prime_Directive

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Sovrath said:

Texturing pop 

How do you get your mordor to look like that?  B)
    IT is just one of those gift B)  more inbound later. Made it to the next zone, but I'm beat :)
    #BoycottChina
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,291
    No one has asked the most important question here.  Why would anyone willingly go to a place that fills them with dread even to say the name?

Prime_Directive

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    No one has asked the most important question here.  Why would anyone willingly go to a place that fills them with dread even to say the name?

Because we are heroes, because we stand up to the darkness, because we are the last line of defense for those who are too weak to do so, because it's well know that Sauron offers the best all you can eat breakfast buffet and mimosa bar this side of the Anduin ...

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,211
    Sovrath said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Why?
    Most boring zones ever made in lotro, so depressing.
    edited September 20
    Maurgrim said:
    Sovrath said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Why?
    Are they what mordor is supposed to look like or is it that they didn't do a good job making mordor close to what it was supposed to be?

I mean, "it's mordor" it's supposed to be dark and foreboding. I do realize that staying in dark or dreary zones can be taxing for some people. I love the dichotomy between oppressive zones/areas and light, beautiful areas so it's sort of a non-issue. But my girfriend and I were playing Breath of the wild and we were in a snowy, icy area for quite some time and she needed us to be in a "warmer" sunnier place because she felt it too depressing. 

Is there a game depiction of mordor that is better in your opinion?
    Existentialist

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,764
    Mendel said:

Because its there. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

Agarnaith The water runs red with blood through the entire zone.

blueturtle13
    #BoycottChina
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,663
    These are some great pics. I like taking screenshots landscape screenshots too. There is a lot of cool detail to check out.
    blueturtle13Prime_Directive
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,381
    Those images are well done. Game is looking awesome.
    blueturtle13Prime_Directive
    edited September 21

Hit level 120 , Going to continue on the Black Book quest line. Got a killer peice of armor hoping  the quest gives all the peices. Armor not pictured.

The new Human male face

#BoycottChina
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 407
    edited September 27
    Sovrath said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Sovrath said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Why?
    Are they what mordor is supposed to look like or is it that they didn't do a good job making mordor close to what it was supposed to be?

I mean, "it's mordor" it's supposed to be dark and foreboding. I do realize that staying in dark or dreary zones can be taxing for some people. I love the dichotomy between oppressive zones/areas and light, beautiful areas so it's sort of a non-issue. But my girfriend and I were playing Breath of the wild and we were in a snowy, icy area for quite some time and she needed us to be in a "warmer" sunnier place because she felt it too depressing. 

Is there a game depiction of mordor that is better in your opinion?
    I remember people I knew who were sick of Moria by the time they got out of there. They dreaded having to go in there with another character.

I know that, for me, I started to find the areas very tiresome after being in them for more than a few hours. I don't know what it is.. Environmentally, the world designers hit it out of the park. But presentation/graphically, LoTRO has always had a kind of "drabness" to it, to me. Colors are all very "subdued" throughout the world. I was sick of the Lonelands by the time I got out of there. Was tired of Trollshaws. Even being in Rivendell quickly lost its allure for me.

Meanwhile, in other games, there are environments I still love going into, even going into them dozens of times, across years.

Perhaps it's a similar effect for Mordor.