Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A look back

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
edited September 2019 in Chronicles of Elyria
In light of the recent Kickstarterversary, and the planned launch in S2 2019*  I thought I'd reshare this July 2017 State of Elyria message. (Remember when?)

What's truly remarkable is how little progress they've made and seemingly have actually gone backwards on graphics and playable game systems.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/21106/State-of-Elyria-July-2017

* Revised timeline from the blog
  1. V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
  2. ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
  3. Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
  4. Server Selection (T1 2018)
  5. Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
  6. KoE (T2 2018)
  7. Design Experiences (T3 2018)
  8. Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
  9. Beta 1 (S1 2019)
  10. Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
  11. Exposition (S1 2019)
  12. Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
  13. Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
  14. Launch (S2 2019)
Those living under the bridge have long memories.

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

MendelAnOldFartkenguru23DerryFH

Comments

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Had a giggle at their "Cone of Uncertainty". Must be one hell of a thing.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    History.  There's no denying it.  I'm certain a white knight will be along shortly to give you stacks of LOLs and WTFs.  Meanwhile, a less-than-reputable 'Agree' is all I can offer.

Geeky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    This has been a mess from inception. Anyone still interested in this crap has some issues.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Daakkon said:
    This has been a mess from inception. Anyone still interested in this crap has some issues.
    There's a difference between interested and a believer.  It is totally interesting watching the events unfold.
    KyleranSlapshot1188

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    You all will rue the day you decided to mock this masterpiece!  When this game launches I will necro this thread and point out just how wrong you all are were while us faithful reap the rewards for our blind devotion!

Kyleran
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    moshra said:
    You all will rue the day you decided to mock this masterpiece!  When this game launches I will necro this thread and point out just how wrong you all are were while us faithful reap the rewards for our blind devotion!

Lets just hope we're all alive when that day comes cause at this rate, it might hit beta in another 15-20 years.
    Kyleran
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Albatroes said:
    moshra said:

Lets just hope we're all alive when that day comes cause at this rate, it might hit beta in another 15-20 years.
    By that time OSRS will get a graphics upgrade and look better.
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    @Kyleran Why start with the 2017 update?  Why not go back to the start when he vehemently argued that his Dec 2017 LAUNCH date was realistic and he had Gantt Charts!!  Because that is really where the circus started. 

But in all seriousness... as long as people continue to give him millions of dollars to develop what sounds like their dream game (on paper and in concept art) why should he really try to get to launch? Or Beta? Or even Alpha?  IMHO CoE is a game that currently promises to be all things to all people but once people are actually starting to get inside the game they will realize how different reality is.  So why risk that when folks can apparently be strung along indefinitely?

KyleranMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    @Kyleran Why start with the 2017 update?  Why not go back to the start when he vehemently argued that his Dec 2017 LAUNCH date was realistic and he had Gantt Charts!!  Because that is really where the circus started. 

But in all seriousness... as long as people continue to give him millions of dollars to develop what sounds like their dream game (on paper and in concept art) why should he really try to get to launch? Or Beta? Or even Alpha?  IMHO CoE is a game that currently promises to be all things to all people but once people are actually starting to get inside the game they will realize how different reality is.  So why risk that when folks can apparently be strung along indefinitely?

There definitely seems to be some kind of "long game" being played here.  When will Whales learn?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    A look back at what?
    The anatomy of incompetence turned scam?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited September 2019
    Wrong thread
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018