Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DX12 and Borderlands 3 not working

KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
Yup, was in the game at the title screen....looking at the graphics options, saw an option for DirectX 12(beta)  clicked it,restarted the game.........Game is now toast.  Please for the love of god patch this option out, now I am trying a full reinstall to hope it fixes this.  I am running an RTX2070 so it's not like i can not a DX12 game.  Save youself some time and do not make the same mistake as I have :(

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Reddit is your best bet for this kind of annoying first day shit:

"To anyone having the issue with the game not launching because of DX12 go to

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My games\Borderlands 3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open the GameUserSettings.ini in a text editor and change this line

PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX12

to

PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX11"

bartoni33[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    yeah just did that, wish i had known before i decided to re download lol, thx!
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Yep they still haven't fix the DX12 issues. It takes about a minute of Claptrap dancing animations before it loads up. Kinda surprised they haven't fix it yet.
    [Deleted User]

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited October 2019
    I had to revert to 11 as well for the same reasons.

I still have an annoying stuttering problem though. Apparently, every time I open a chest, my inventory, open a store or Aim Down Sights, it is loading those textures on demand (mostly gun textures). Also, when there are a large amount of drops. 

Strangely, they don't have a texture quality setting. They have a setting for texture streaming speed, and this does nothing to help the problem (as the game is always trying to load detailed textures). It's not the quality of textures that causes the problems, it is the delivery method.

I installed the game on my SSD btw. 

This is my most egregious criticism of this game. End game balance and humor are tied for second. They are figuring out balance as they go and dlc's will add more levels so I'm not worried about that. The main game story will never get better, so I have to accept that lump. But some of the BL2 DLC was absolutely brilliant (Tiny Tina's), so I am optimistic about the DLC.

Stuttering though? It has the potential of being unforgivable to me. They need to fix this and I know that it will require some complex work, but for me at least, it needs to be done.