Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BORDERLANDS 3 Epic Game Store BUYER BEWARE !

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
I'd recommend everyone take a look at the Epic Game store Reddit and the multiple threads with people having all kinds of issues from the launcher not loading to uninstall problems where it deletes your entire steam library.Privacy errors, Payment issues, return issues, Games being unplayable when EGS is offline, Computer freezing all kinds of things.

The good is it looks like EPIC customer support is responding to some people directly through reddit, But jeez , what a hassle. Don't believe me just check it out yourself

Personally I will not spend a dime in Sweeneys store. Besides the obvious, which i have covered multiple times about the advantages as a CUSTOMER with STEAM i really have no desire to have to jump through hoops to play a game and although as tempting as it would be to play Borderlands 3 now i think I'll wait.
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    r/epicgamesPC
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited September 2019
    uninstall problems where it deletes your entire steam library

Uninstalling a game on Epic Store deletes your entire STEAM library?

Well played Epic!
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Well played Epic!
    From what I could make of the thread apparently you have to be very careful where you install the store because it goes to the same location as your steam library or something to that affect. I believe there is a sticky on the reddit concerning it
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited September 2019

Well played Epic!
    From what I could make of the thread apparently you have to be very careful where you install the store because it goes to the same location as your steam library or something to that affect. I believe there is a sticky on the reddit concerning it
    I thought that was a typo, but you're serious...

I've had no issues using Epic's launcher. It's fine. Steam is better but Epic works just fine.
    edited September 2019

Well played Epic!

I've had no issues using Epic's launcher. It's fine. Steam is better but Epic works just fine.
    Im not making it up, its a google search away ALSO its related to deleting EPIC LAUNCHER not the games "i think" again i covered the thread briefly, I'm just trying to make people aware. You can do the research on your own and decide what or who you want to believe.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited September 2019

Well played Epic!
    The question is why people put epic library at steam library. uninstaller will just delete the entire folder, it's not that smart. and using steam, they still keep track of his purchases so he loses nothing, but I agree it's a hassle, but it was cause by the user though.
    JeffSpicoli
  • Elidien_gaElidien_ga Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited September 2019
    Edit

Well played Epic!

Im not making it up, its a google search away, I'm just trying to make people aware. You can do the research on your own and decide what or who you want to believe.

I just want to say I dont want ANYONE TO TAKE MY WORD ALONE for avoiding EPIC , Just do your own research. 
    I'm aware some people have issues but there's also a lot of people that have a vendetta against Epic Store and will say just about anything to try make it fail.

You can find a ton of people having issues on the Steam troubleshooting forums.. or the GoG ones.. or the UPlay ones.. or the Origins ones, etc. 

There's always someone having problems with everything. All I know is that I've never had any issue with playing games through Epic Store.
    mmolou
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    It still blows my mind that this store has been out all this time and still doesn't have a damn cart.....
    edited September 2019

Well played Epic!

Im not making it up, its a google search away, I'm just trying to make people aware. You can do the research on your own and decide what or who you want to believe.

I just want to say I dont want ANYONE TO TAKE MY WORD ALONE for avoiding EPIC , Just do your own research. 
    I'm aware some people have issues but there's also a lot of people that have a vendetta against Epic Store and will say just about anything to try make it fail.

You can find a ton of people having issues on the Steam troubleshooting forums.. or the GoG ones.. or the UPlay ones.. or the Origins ones, etc. 

There's always someone having problems with everything. All I know is that I've never had any issue with playing games through Epic Store.
    You are right , it might be just spiteful fake news, But people still should take a look at the EPICGAMESTORE PC reddit. It never hurts to at least have all the information on all fronts and then decide what is real and what is horse shit.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2019
    Sounds more like a rushed game because of hype than anything Epic.
    Epic doesn't make the game and as far as launching a game,that is lol,it is just an .exe,so if run from an app or elsewhere it is a link to that .exe,nothing special.If the game doesn't load from there ,then it is a problem with the game libraries/files,again nothing to do with Epic.

So here is the story by Kotaku and imo is 100% a problem created by 2k games and absolutely nothing to do with Epic.As well my hunch is correct,in this story the mention of a rushed game,seems 2K games just wanted some pre sell hype even if the game was still buggy.Go figure this close and still problems,makes you wonder about 2K's ethics on releasing this game.
    https://kotaku.com/borderlands-3s-review-situation-sure-is-strange-1837989454

I am very surprised Polygon wrote what is seemingly an ethical unbiased review which basically says B3 is just more of B2 and can get boring,pretty much how i feel about 1-2 as well.So expect more of the same,some fun one liners but not much else.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Epic doesn't make the game and as far as launching a game,that is lol,it is just an .exe,so if run from an app or elsewhere it is a link to that .exe,nothing special.If the game doesn't load from there ,then it is a problem with the game libraries/files,again nothing to do with Epic.

So here is the story by Kotaku and imo is 100% a problem created by 2k games and absolutely nothing to do with Epic.As well my hunch is correct,in this story the mention of a rushed game,seems 2K games just wanted some pre sell hype even if the game was still buggy.Go figure this close and still problems,makes you wonder about 2K's ethics on releasing this game.

I am very surprised Polygon wrote what is seemingly an ethical unbiased review which basically says B3 is just more of B2 and can get boring,pretty much how i feel about 1-2 as well.So expect more of the same,some fun one liners but not much else.

Game isn't even out yet Wiz. The comments are about Epic Store and nothing to do with Borderlands 3.
    Wizardry said:

Game isn't even out yet Wiz. The comments are about Epic Store and nothing to do with Borderlands 3.
    Yeah, I think Borderlands 3 is going to be a fantastic game, this is just related to the EPIC launcher and Game store itself
    • Aloha Mr Hand !