Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Is Getting Remastered - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Is Getting Remastered - MMORPG.com News

One of the lesser known, yet still excellent, Final Fantasy games out there, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is getting remastered. Square Enix released a trailer showcasing the remaster, which shows the remaster in all its newfound glory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I need Final Fantasy Tactics on Switch please! :-)
    mklinic
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558

You and me both, lol
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

We need FFT period. On any device.
    Mikehainfomatz

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Not sure if this is the greatest news from them atm given how the FFVIII remaster is turning out....
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Tried FFT after many years avoiding and was ok but nothign special,it didn't wow me or anything.
    As to trhis game,i don't know the combat structure,i have only really ever liked one combat design within Square and that was used 3x >>FF3...FF5 and my fave FFXI online.
    I loved playing FFX more for th elore and story,best story game ever imo but the combat was soemtimes good sometimes not to my liking,not a fan of the overdrive idea,too much like a TP system gone wrong idea.

This game does look very similar to FFX,looks good,might even be good but unless i know the combat system,i am not diving in,i might look for game play on You Tube

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    the only way to play this is on coop , toooooooons of fun , solo is ok
    infomatz
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    The Switch is getting a very respectable JRPG lineup. I would like to see the following, though:

Remastered ports of Shin Megami Tensei 1-4

Shin Megami Tensei V

Remastered ports of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Remake of Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War

Remakes of Shining Force 1-3

Remastered ports of Bravely Default and Bravely Second

Remasters of Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    The Switch is getting a very respectable JRPG lineup. I would like to see the following, though:

Shin Megami Tensei V

WAIT... Where did this info come from? I haven't heard of any of these but Shin Megami Tensei V. If this is true I am going flat broke

I said what I would like to see. Not what we will see. Even SMT V is looking like a pipe dream these days, considering we've heard nothing in years.

I will say, however, that the Geneology of the Holy War remake is a highly likely prospect. It shares a ton in common with Three Houses, it's the next game in line chronologically that hasn't been remade, and we know that Intelligent Systems was not actually responsible for coding Three Houses. They merely gave design direction to Koei Tecmo's Romance of the Three Kingdoms developers. So what is Intelligent Systems working on?
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

WAIT... Where did this info come from? I haven't heard of any of these but Shin Megami Tensei V. If this is true I am going flat broke

I said what I would like to see. Not what we will see. Even SMT V is looking like a pipe dream these days, considering we've heard nothing in years.

I will say, however, that the Geneology of the Holy War remake is a highly likely prospect. It shares a ton in common with Three Houses, it's the next game in line chronologically that hasn't been remade, and we know that Intelligent Systems was not actually responsible for coding Three Houses. They merely gave design direction to Koei Tecmo's Romance of the Three Kingdoms developers. So what is Intelligent Systems working on?
    I see. I got so excited my eyes glazed over your second sentence. I am just excited we are getting a xenoblade chronicles remake. Never played the first  
    Me too. It took me three attempts to actually enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (fuck that beginning is dull), but once I got far enough, it was quite special. I'm looking forward to trying the original, which is quite the rare and pricy game these days.

Trials of Mana remake also looks good. 
    edited September 2019
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

I see. I got so excited my eyes glazed over your second sentence. I am just excited we are getting a xenoblade chronicles remake. Never played the first  
    Me too. It took me three attempts to actually enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (fuck that beginning is dull), but once I got far enough, it was quite special. I'm looking forward to trying the original, which is quite the rare and pricy game these days.

Trials of Mana remake also looks good. 
    So dull I could never get more then 20 hours into the game. I played the first two mana games in the mana collection on switch...  held out for the remake for Trails
    You were probably close to the point where the game gets good. There's a point (at the end of Act 2 I believe), marked by a particular character death, in which both the combat starts to ramp up with new mechanics and the story starts to shine with some new revelations.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

You both might be happy to hear that not only is the first Ni No Kuni coming to Switch, so is the WIIU title Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore. Both come highly recommended.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

You both might be happy to hear that not only is the first Ni No Kuni coming to Switch, so is the WIIU title Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore. Both come highly recommended.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Oh, I know. FE is my favorite franchise, so I have been wanting a TMS x FE port for a while. 
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Oh, I know. FE is my favorite franchise, so I have been wanting a TMS x FE port for a while. 
    TMS is based on Persona, not FE  ;) This is “just” an enhanced port of the WIIU one. A FE cross-over with TMS would be something though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

edited September 2019
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TMS is based on Persona, not FE  ;) This is “just” an enhanced port of the WIIU one. A FE cross-over with TMS would be something though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TMS is essentially Persona with characters inspired by FE. Multiple FE characters are in the game, including Chrom, Tiki, Lon'qu, and others. In fact, the full name of the game is Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE.

Persona also happens to be a favorite of mine.
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TMS is essentially Persona with characters inspired by FE. Multiple FE characters are in the game, including Chrom, Tiki, Lon'qu, and others. In fact, the full name of the game is Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE.

Ohh, thats nice. I am not well versed enough in the FE universe to have noticed while playing TMS hahaha. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Ohh, thats nice. I am not well versed enough in the FE universe to have noticed while playing TMS hahaha. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Aeander said:
    lahnmir said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:
    Arterius said:
    Aeander said:

Shin Megami Tensei V

@Aeander @Arterius

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Hilariously enough, the latest mainline FE is more of a Persona crossover than the actual crossover. It uses similar school life social and time management mechanics and blends them into progression.

It does so on an accelerated schedule, giving you one free day and one tutoring day per calendar week, so it isn't quite as much of a timesink.