Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creator Beta coming soon -- Sep 2019

olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
The Character Creator (CCT) beta is about to start. It won't just be a test of the character creator though, we'll be able to run around the map, go into buildings, and even get a special badge for finding the Beta Club. We should be able to see the city at night (last time it was beautiful) and jump and run around all we want to. Using the character we created.

Last beta we could run around and use a torch. I found a bug where if I hid inside a tree, with just the torch sticking out, I could sometimes get instantly transported to a spot nearby. It was fun trying to jump up on everything, see if we could find holes in the terrain, etc.

A fun moment was when all of us (over a hundred) lined up for a screenshot at the end. Reminded me of old times.

This beta test should be even more fun. It'll be a blast to see all of the costumes and characters, hang out in the club, and watch the sunset on the water. I'd recommend anyone interested to sign up for the beta (just need to make a small contribution).

------------
2024: 47 years on the Net.

GladDogAmathe

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Ok, I'm usually on the side of developers when they call something a beta and the consumers say "this should be an alpha" but this most definitely should be an alpha test.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    This isn't the first test of the CCT. And it will involve a lot more than just the CCT. Testing will also be on the day/night cycle, animations for running and jumping, lighting, the city map, etc. This is not the first test for all of that either.

With hundreds of players testing many of these features, and not for the first time, that is why I call it a beta test.
    GladDogAmathe

------------

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I consider the CCT in beta.  Just about all of the features are in place.  For the most part the only things left to do is add more costumes, hairstyles, et al, and then test them for clipping and occluding, making sure the network footprint for each costume piece is low.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

Some of us are already thinking of role-playing, how we could RP in the Club, etc.

Now the devs are asking us what facial expression we'd like to have for emotes. The idea is that we could change expressions on the fly as part of the emote.

I'm hoping that will be in the beta, although they just started looking at it.

------------

And the beta test is here! Starting Nov 1 and running for a week. I don't know if it's too late to get in, all it takes is a small donation.

We'll get to create our characters, run around the ship/city, find the Beta Club, explore the hospital, and more. I like to search around for holes in the terrain, hidden areas, etc. In the last beta, I found out that if I hid inside of a tree, and moved my torch just the right way, it would instantly transport me a small distance away.

Now, with a whole week to explore ...

------------