Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-op Survival RPG Tribes of Midgard PC Open Beta Sept. 5-9

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCo-op Survival RPG Tribes of Midgard PC Open Beta Sept. 5-9

Co-op Survival RPG Tribes of Midgard will receive an open beta on PC from Sept. 5-9.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    An improved Albion Online?

Sign me up!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Same reason i don't like Borderlands,these graphics are not what i want from a so called survival game.This is also not a survival game and imo this won't last long.
    Eggonomicon

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Wizardry said:
    Same reason i don't like Borderlands,these graphics are not what i want from a so called survival game.This is also not a survival game and imo this won't last long.
    So you're saying it won't survive??

;)

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited September 2019
    Doesn't look horrible. It is a "RPG" "survival", but I didn't see any survival other than harvesting wood.

The graphics are a style many find appealing, but that is more us older gamers for nostalgia. But many need they eye candy these days, and for some it is more important than content.

While I like the idea, and isometric view; and yes the graphic style too. I just did not see content. So RPG Survival game trailer showing only hack and slash leaves me thinking a Beta trailer should show some RPG elements, and/or Survival elements.
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited September 2019

Wizardry said:

Fact is even failed games make money, its a matter of what the studio does with that money.

Do they take it and run leaving us garbage?

Do they stick with it trying to give us a good product?

Do they take it and move on to their next money grab?

Granted its Beta, but its beta.

So it may end up good. As stated previously these graphics appeal to many. So will it survive? That's more a question of does it have content they did not show, because what was shown is not fitting with the label of the games genre.

Love the pun though.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

An improved Albion Online?

Sign me up!

You (and I) wish. There is no permanent world, all characters die in the end :-(

They should add at least some type of heritage to the game - like generation number after the toon's name i.e. Olaf Ironarse VI

Thank you for your time!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.