Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardcore SotA supporter changes her mind

13»

Comments

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,878
    edited September 2019
    Hillt said:
    How much longer do you throw good money after bad? The money spent by backers hasn't really transformed into a good investment at all. There are so many bugs in the game that there is no way to fix even a minuscule amount. Yet people keep giving money in hopes that it gets better. 6+ years later there are less and less people playing, there are more issues every month, yet Portalarium keeps saying that if you stop giving money then things won't get fixed. How about ensuring things don't get broke rather then ensuring things will eventually get fixed. 

    I just laugh at people when they tell how much they've spent. All you can do is call them "suckers"!


    Sometimes (OK, too often)  I fall prey to my baser instincts and mock others for how or what they spend money on.

    But I have no right to cast shade seeing my wife and I tithe 10% of our net income to the church we belong to which I'm sure would have many here rolling their eyes.

    Yeah, we're religious whales who firmly support P2W.

     o:) 


    rpmcmurphyJamesGoblin

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Yes...mowr dwama!!
  • sarbonnsarbonn Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Hillt said:
    How much longer do you throw good money after bad? The money spent by backers hasn't really transformed into a good investment at all. There are so many bugs in the game that there is no way to fix even a minuscule amount. Yet people keep giving money in hopes that it gets better. 6+ years later there are less and less people playing, there are more issues every month, yet Portalarium keeps saying that if you stop giving money then things won't get fixed. How about ensuring things don't get broke rather then ensuring things will eventually get fixed. 

    I just laugh at people when they tell how much they've spent. All you can do is call them "suckers"!


    I totally get that, but at the same time I have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt my bottom line whatsoever.

    Where I'm bothered is that because I came in later, I'm ALWAYS going to be a lower class citizen in this game. I've spent a crapload of money in the game just getting a tiny bit up to speed, and I will guarantee that I've spent way more money than the people who were lucky enough to spend their money back in the day when they first heard about the game. But that matters none. The boat already sailed. Now, throwing money at the game is somewhat throwing money away. And this is coming from a fan who plays the game.

    I'm probably on the edge of just quitting and finding another game to become the inevitable whale. But perhaps one that actually offers me an opportunity to get some value for that money as well.

    It freaking amazes me that the developers of this game don't realize that they will NEVER have growth in this game as long as they closed the gates towards economic progress in the game that can only come by buying your step up OUTSIDE the game.

    I really wish they would realize this and fix it (aside from a very rare moment when they offer a chance to get a step up by spending seven thousand dollars or more rather than something appropriate). But I suspect that they're really only interested in huge lump sum payments, which does not bode well for the future of a game that has little chance of player increase.

    And again, this comes from one of their actual fans who would love to see the game thrive, not die.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,878
    sarbonn said:
    Hillt said:


    I just laugh at people when they tell how much they've spent. All you can do is call them "suckers"!


    I totally get that, but at the same time I have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt my bottom line whatsoever.

    Where I'm bothered is that because I came in later, I'm ALWAYS going to be a lower class citizen in this game. I've spent a crapload of money in the game just getting a tiny bit up to speed, and I will guarantee that I've spent way more money than the people who were lucky enough to spend their money back in the day when they first heard about the game. But that matters none. The boat already sailed. Now, throwing money at the game is somewhat throwing money away. And this is coming from a fan who plays the game.

    I'm probably on the edge of just quitting and finding another game to become the inevitable whale. But perhaps one that actually offers me an opportunity to get some value for that money as well.

    It freaking amazes me that the developers of this game don't realize that they will NEVER have growth in this game as long as they closed the gates towards economic progress in the game that can only come by buying your step up OUTSIDE the game.

    I really wish they would realize this and fix it (aside from a very rare moment when they offer a chance to get a step up by spending seven thousand dollars or more rather than something appropriate). But I suspect that they're really only interested in huge lump sum payments, which does not bode well for the future of a game that has little chance of player increase.

    And again, this comes from one of their actual fans who would love to see the game thrive, not die.
    Turns out whale tears are delicious, who knew?  :D

    I hate you.  Well, not you personally but gamers like you who spend with no regard to their overall negative impact to gaming.

    What you shared is how "Joe Six Pack" often feels these days when trying out new games.

    Even in  games with "benign" cash shop models like POE the "fun" is spoiled by presence of gaming whales.

    I'm playing and see a really awesome "costume" and wonder what it takes to get one.

    Oh shit, $450, and absolutely no other way to obtain it via game play means.

    F! that!

    Like the old drug argument, if no one was buying, few would be selling 

    Let's not even go down the PVP P2W path, a bigger shitshow for sure.

    So yeah, you'll find little sympathy from those who live under the bridge. 

     >:) 




    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • BetaTankBetaTank Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    Kyleran said:
    sarbonn said:
    Hillt said:


    I just laugh at people when they tell how much they've spent. All you can do is call them "suckers"!


    I totally get that, but at the same time I have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt my bottom line whatsoever.

    Where I'm bothered is that because I came in later, I'm ALWAYS going to be a lower class citizen in this game. I've spent a crapload of money in the game just getting a tiny bit up to speed, and I will guarantee that I've spent way more money than the people who were lucky enough to spend their money back in the day when they first heard about the game. But that matters none. The boat already sailed. Now, throwing money at the game is somewhat throwing money away. And this is coming from a fan who plays the game.

    I'm probably on the edge of just quitting and finding another game to become the inevitable whale. But perhaps one that actually offers me an opportunity to get some value for that money as well.

    It freaking amazes me that the developers of this game don't realize that they will NEVER have growth in this game as long as they closed the gates towards economic progress in the game that can only come by buying your step up OUTSIDE the game.

    I really wish they would realize this and fix it (aside from a very rare moment when they offer a chance to get a step up by spending seven thousand dollars or more rather than something appropriate). But I suspect that they're really only interested in huge lump sum payments, which does not bode well for the future of a game that has little chance of player increase.

    And again, this comes from one of their actual fans who would love to see the game thrive, not die.
    Turns out whale tears are delicious, who knew?  :D

    I hate you.  Well, not you personally but gamers like you who spend with no regard to their overall negative impact to gaming.

    What you shared is how "Joe Six Pack" often feels these days when trying out new games.

    Even in  games with "benign" cash shop models like POE the "fun" is spoiled by presence of gaming whales.

    I'm playing and see a really awesome "costume" and wonder what it takes to get one.

    Oh shit, $450, and absolutely no other way to obtain it via game play means.

    F! that!

    Like the old drug argument, if no one was buying, few would be selling 

    Let's not even go down the PVP P2W path, a bigger shitshow for sure.

    So yeah, you'll find little sympathy from those who live under the bridge. 

     >:) 




    Religious people hating, there's a surprise. Keep up that tithing, I don't think it's working.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,878
    BetaTank said:
    Kyleran said:
    sarbonn said:
    Hillt said:


    I just laugh at people when they tell how much they've spent. All you can do is call them "suckers"!


    I totally get that, but at the same time I have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt my bottom line whatsoever.

    Where I'm bothered is that because I came in later, I'm ALWAYS going to be a lower class citizen in this game. I've spent a crapload of money in the game just getting a tiny bit up to speed, and I will guarantee that I've spent way more money than the people who were lucky enough to spend their money back in the day when they first heard about the game. But that matters none. The boat already sailed. Now, throwing money at the game is somewhat throwing money away. And this is coming from a fan who plays the game.

    I'm probably on the edge of just quitting and finding another game to become the inevitable whale. But perhaps one that actually offers me an opportunity to get some value for that money as well.

    It freaking amazes me that the developers of this game don't realize that they will NEVER have growth in this game as long as they closed the gates towards economic progress in the game that can only come by buying your step up OUTSIDE the game.

    I really wish they would realize this and fix it (aside from a very rare moment when they offer a chance to get a step up by spending seven thousand dollars or more rather than something appropriate). But I suspect that they're really only interested in huge lump sum payments, which does not bode well for the future of a game that has little chance of player increase.

    And again, this comes from one of their actual fans who would love to see the game thrive, not die.
    Turns out whale tears are delicious, who knew?  :D

    I hate you.  Well, not you personally but gamers like you who spend with no regard to their overall negative impact to gaming.

    What you shared is how "Joe Six Pack" often feels these days when trying out new games.

    Even in  games with "benign" cash shop models like POE the "fun" is spoiled by presence of gaming whales.

    I'm playing and see a really awesome "costume" and wonder what it takes to get one.

    Oh shit, $450, and absolutely no other way to obtain it via game play means.

    F! that!

    Like the old drug argument, if no one was buying, few would be selling 

    Let's not even go down the PVP P2W path, a bigger shitshow for sure.

    So yeah, you'll find little sympathy from those who live under the bridge. 

     >:) 




    Religious people hating, there's a surprise. Keep up that tithing, I don't think it's working.
    I'm religious in the same vein as the Knights Templar.  

    :D

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    If people would stop spending the thousands of dollars perhaps they would listen, but while they are getting easy money there is no incentive for them to change their model. 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,494
    Hillt said:
    If people would stop spending the thousands of dollars perhaps they would listen, but while they are getting easy money there is no incentive for them to change their model. 
    Way too late.  A few whales are the only ones keeping the game afloat.  New player numbers and player retention, by all appearances, are atrocious.  Port has no money or staff to advertise and attract new players or make any significant changes to the game.  They'll just limp along, making minor changes and coming up with new cash shop items, until the whale juice finally dries up.  That's my prediction, anyway.  If someone else has evidence that Port has other plans, I'd love to hear it.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,494
    Wait, holy shit, maybe they do have a big change in the works:  getting rid of RMT.  That should kill the game off nice and fast.  But I guess at this point, they have no choice but to try.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar_raw/comments/dd8z97/chris_is_aiming_to_remove_rmt_and_expand_item/
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,494
    Also holy shit:  Is the ultimate white knight, Vladamir Begemot, finally starting to turn on Port, too?

    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-trade-subscriber-rewards-sorry-thats-a-deal-breaker.159312/
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Popcorn worthy drama from a game that came out in 2018, but looks like it was slated for release in 2007.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,494
    H0urg1ass said:
    Popcorn worthy drama from a game that came out in 2018, but looks like it was slated for release in 2007.
    As much as I should just turn away from this game entirely, I just can't.  I gotta see what happens.
    Earthgirl
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'm not a whale but I still buy stuff every month when there is things of interest as well I do the $9 a month sub.   With 4000-5000 active subs they have along with the store I would not doubt they make a million or more a year.    

    As to the new changes that will hamper RMT I am ok with that,  I never had plans to sell the things I buy for deco or skins anyways.   I do hope they do offer some sort of way though to one time trade as that could be useful in the future.
Sign In or Register to comment.