Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Into Q3 2020

1235»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    sgel said:
    JoeBlober completely avoided responding to this... We got em. 

I'm dying from laughter, please help, save me. 
    Of course he did,  now all that matters is one can play for funsies, OK I guess, but not how I roll. 

Without progression, there is no game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited September 2019
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    still it's good to be on top
    >>>

For me its not about Star Citizen being "on top".

E:D has its good aspects, NMS has its special features, EVE its depth, Warframe its adrenaline, Rebel Galaxy its special wit and country music ...

I enjoy all of these games. And look forward to ALL of them improving even more.

Have fun

All of those other titles let you accumulate and save your progression,  hence the are officially "games" in my book.

SC .... not there yet, but perhaps one day.

I really need to update my signature.

Progression - Pillar #1, without it there is no game.  

:D

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kyleran said:
    All of those other titles let you accumulate and save your progression,  hence the are officially "games" in my book.

Yet Star Citizen alpha has more player engagement than those 2 games combined lol B)
    IselinKyleranWalkinGlennNorseGodmmolou
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:

Yet Star Citizen alpha has more player engagement than those 2 games combined lol B)
    lol sure, its nice to compare games who are out and in a playing manner to a alpha who have no launch date
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:

The power of selling dreams vs the cold light of reality.   

I would never deny your total investment in this game development, but....   You'll have the same excuses next year.
    NorseGod

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

I would never deny your total investment in this game development, but....   You'll have the same excuses next year.
    Yeah everyone knows the more viewers and player engagement your game gets on Twitch it's because of all the dreams people get while watching others play  :D

Now that's an awesome excuse.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Iselin said:
    There are extremes at both ends and this mess is squarely at the Battlecruiser 3000 AD end of the spectrum.
    Written by someone who hasn't played the game and has no idea of what it's talking about. As per usual in every topic about Star Citizen, I mean even the topic of the thread is wrong lol
    I have to play SC alpha to know that when your fearless leader led backers and the media to believe, in the fall of 2016 that their other game, Squadron 42, was just some polish away from imminent release he was full of shit?

Piss poor attempt at deflection.
    Post edited by Iselin on
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Should be renamed Star Citizen, Legend of the Hanger Queen

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Iselin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Iselin said:
    There are extremes at both ends and this mess is squarely at the Battlecruiser 3000 AD end of the spectrum.
    Written by someone who hasn't played the game and has no idea of what it's talking about. As per usual in every topic about Star Citizen, I mean even the topic of the thread is wrong lol
    I have to play SC alpha to know that when you fearless leader led backers and the media to believe, in the fall of 2016 that their other game, Squadron 42, was just some polish away from imminent release he was full of shit?

Piss poor attempt at deflection.
    It is hard to believe that someone with a bad turnover rate in ideas was able to kickstart this much money and continue with a carrot on  a stick. They are making progress and the game is beautiful. But damn.......

Anyone wanna band together to open a kickstarter with me, dont need to release anything in 10 years or so, as this game shows us : ) 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited September 2019
    Kyleran said:
    sgel said:
    JoeBlober completely avoided responding to this... We got em. 

I'm dying from laughter, please help, save me. 
    Of course he did,  now all that matters is one can play for funsies, OK I guess, but not how I roll. 

Without progression, there is no game.

people need to have fun with the game somehow, since there is still no game
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited September 2019
    Babuinix said:

Yeah everyone knows the more viewers and player engagement your game gets on Twitch it's because of all the dreams people get while watching others play  :D

Err...think about what you are saying...people are "watching" other people play a game....

Young people are just so very weird....

Back to progressing by playing a game....level 95 on POE awaits...tens of thousands of NPCs are about to die...

But hey, you enjoy "watching" OK?

;)

• OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:

Err...think about what you are saying...people are "watching" other people play a game....

Back to progressing by playing a game....level 95 on POE awaits...tens of thousands of NPCs are about to die...

;)

Nice! can you stream that so we can watch you hit 95, then i will stream me hitting 92! you stream, I stream, we all stream for ice cream?
    Kyleran
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    edited September 2019

I can't breathe, heart failing. 
    NorseGod
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:

;)

People like to slow down and look at car wrecks, too. Besides, who doesn't like a good meme?
    alkarionlogSlyLoK
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited September 2019
    NorseGod said:
    People like to slow down and look at car wrecks, too. Besides, who doesn't like a good meme?
    Yeah man WoW must be such a trainwreck since it has 300k viewers on Twitch lol

I guess it hurts seeing Star Citizen alpha with all it's bugs, glitches,  demanding pc specs and no persistence being the most played and watched space-sim lol

B)
    Post edited by Babuinix on
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Plenty of time to squeeze in a couple more ships for several hundred dollars.....
    NorseGod
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Fool me once ... shame on me
    Fool me twice ... shame on me
    Fool me thrice ... shame on me
    Fool me fourth ... *Robert's laughter*
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    edited September 2019
    28 chapters equivalent to 60+ missions - (More than likely short and cut for time)
    A-list cast to match any event movie - (Only good thing)
    340 speaking roles with state of the art facial scanning and mocap - (Still going to be horribly buggy)
    Over 20 hours of performance capture - (Excuse me?)
    Story arc with 1255 pages of dialogue - (Who gives a shit? If I use 30ft of toilet paper does that make it a bigger shit or a better shit?)
    40 distinct ships from fighters to dreadnoughts - (Number will be lower or less impressive)
    Hand-crafted environments enhanced with procedural tech - (Nothing is "enhanced" with procedural tech)
    Systemic space and FPS gameplay - from stealth to brute force - (and where is that yet? The FPS is really bad on alpha.)
    Dogfighting in both space and planetary atmosphere - (Still early stages)
    Subsumption AI - fully systemic, 24-hr schedules, 1000+ subroutines, simultaneous secondary objective" - (The tech won't even work as great as it sounds)

Glad you are looking forward to all that.  It's a single player game and there ain't shit to show for it. Just talk, that's all anyone who sticks with Star Citizen does, talk.  A lot of fluff from the empire god send Mr. Roberts and Assoc.
    ErillionNorseGod
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.