Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Into Q3 2020

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Ltldogg said:

Are you Patheon Fanboys paying attention?  This is your future!

Yeah, maybe

....but then Star Citizen has around $300 million budget so far.

Pantheon has like 10 times less.
    [Deleted User]
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Xiaoki said:

Yeah, maybe

....but then Star Citizen has around $300 million budget so far.

Pantheon has like 10 times less.
    It's not about the budget, but the continued delays and spin the company puts on them.
    bartoni33
  • SkeeterslintSkeeterslint Member UncommonPosts: 71

Iselin said:

Babuinix said:

What the gaming world we really needs is more rushed games like Andromeda and Anthem so that gamers who complain against delays can then complain about games being rushed B)

There are extremes at both ends and this mess is squarely at the Battlecruiser 3000 AD end of the spectrum.

Considering I haven't heard anything from Smart lately he must be holding Chris Roberts beer.
    Babuinix
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    3 month slip for the SQ42 beta. Instead of 7 months away its now 10 months away.

Will SQ42 slip again? If so will it be less than 7 months away? It should but will it?
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    It’s time to wrap this puppy up.

No more excuses especially with Squadron 42.

NorseGod[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    gervaise1 said:
    3 month slip for the SQ42 beta. Instead of 7 months away its now 10 months away.

Will SQ42 slip again? If so will it be less than 7 months away? It should but will it?
    I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/squadron-42-delayed-star-citizen,32846.html
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    edited September 2019

Babuinix said:

What the gaming world we really needs is more rushed games like Andromeda and Anthem so that gamers who complain against delays can then complain about games being rushed B)

Well, I mean Anthem wouldnt have been rushed if they didnt spend 5 1/2 years trying to figure out what kind of game they wanted to make What is really needed is to finalize the scope and features, make the base game and then build off those in future as expansions and dlc
    Ltldogg
  • WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Ltldogg said:

Best comment!
  • marsxwarmarsxwar Member UncommonPosts: 17

Babuinix said:

I would agree with you, but unlike SC, Andromeda and Anthem are actual games.
    But let's assume this game is in a better than either of those game because apparently, duration equate to quality.
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    I'm somewhat reminded of Darkfall's development and the "Soon™ " promises of the studio. Only difference is that Darkfall's devs had to decency not to be charging its players $600 for unreleased pixels. On the other hand, maybe the game would have remained afloat if they did. xD
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    edited September 2019
    Of course it's delayed, for the 1 millionth time. They don't plan to release this at all. WAKE UP SHEEPLE. It's all a lie. 

I think I'm gonna die laughing from this. 
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
    edited September 2019
    If you haven't read all the comments on the Official Forums, you're missing out.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/staggered-development-faq-1
    [Deleted User]Sabrac
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Arterius said:
    If it is, it is. I put money towards both Pantheon and Star Citizen however I don't expect anything from any game. When you help fund a game its not a pre-order. It's you putting your money towards a project you believe in with the hopes that eventually you get to play
    Yeah, that's a pre-order...
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317

Ltldogg said:

Pantheon? Love the game. Proud supporter. :)
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Iselin said:

Oct, 2016 blast from the past:

"In terms of content, Roberts said that all of the game’s chapters and gameplay are at the “grey-box” level, which means that development is nearly complete, but the last set of assets aren’t included yet, and the developers want to give it a final polish."

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/squadron-42-delayed-star-citizen,32846.html

I mean even if you are a huge supporter of this game that has been in dev since 2012....If you read this and aren't like...."Hey, wait a tick!".....well I don't think your mind will be changed about anything even if you're wrong.
    NorseGod[Deleted User]
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    NorseGodPhry[Deleted User]Agent_Josephkenguru23Pher0cious

..Cake..

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Continuing to be just a tech demo..

A tech demo that continually ages and looks less and less impressive the longer time goes on.

Jeez I remember how it looked like the best game out there back in 2014.
    NorseGod[Deleted User]gastovski1
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Shameless.
    sgel
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Keeping paying these thieves $$$$$$$$$$ for ship concepts you will never fly.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Babuinix said:

Are you implying there cannot be a happy medium somewhere? Seriously.....defending one extreme by pointing out the opposite extreme is absurdity on all levels.
    Kyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Is anyone really surprised about this? the game isn't even a complete alpha so even an estimate of Q3 2020 is unlikely, it would be best if they stopped making launch predictions until they at least get the game into a working beta state, seems to me that if they actually did manage a Q3 2020 launch it would be at the expense of a significant number of game features, maybe they were just too optimistic in what they could actually implement into the game anyway. :/
    NorseGod
    Phry said:
    Is anyone really surprised about this? the game isn't even a complete alpha so even an estimate of Q3 2020 is unlikely, it would be best if they stopped making launch predictions until they at least get the game into a working beta state, seems to me that if they actually did manage a Q3 2020 launch it would be at the expense of a significant number of game features, maybe they were just too optimistic in what they could actually implement into the game anyway. :/
    Minimum Viable Product.
    sgel[Deleted User]gastovski1
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited September 2019
    Arterius said:
    Ltldogg said:
    If it is, it is. I put money towards both Pantheon and Star Citizen however I don't expect anything from any game. When you help fund a game its not a pre-order. It's you putting your money towards a project you believe in with the hopes that eventually you get to play
    And when you ("you" being in the context of the general sense) buy land and tanks and mine laying ships in a space game when none of them exist yet nor show any sign whatsoever of existing anywhere on the near horizon (not even on that lying roadmap even), that's... um.... well, I guess I could take the easy way out and say "stupid", but instead let's go with

"that's putting your money towards an nonexistant item in a project you believe in with the hopes that eventually it will be created after that project is created and you hopefully get to play with the $600+ object you purchased in that project that will hopefully be released."
    Post edited by TiamatRoar on
    NorseGodbartoni33
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Minimum Viable Product.
    Except i suspect that what CIG consideres MVP, is not the same as perhaps the players would consider to be a MVP. I can easily see this turning into a game being released in an incomplete state, with promises to add the rest later, that rarely works out well. :/
    bartoni33
    Phry said:
    NorseGod said:
    Phry said:
    Minimum Viable Product.
    Except i suspect that what CIG consideres MVP, is not the same as perhaps the players would consider to be a MVP. I can easily see this turning into a game being released in an incomplete state, with promises to add the rest later, that rarely works out well. :/
    Well, they don't have much content and game mechanics to gut out, then sell back later as an "expansion".
    sgel