Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW classic- first level 60 - 4 days after launch (Friday)

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,177
Frost mage - play time 3 days 7 hours

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,711
    Someone did not get the point of classic....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,397
    edited September 1
    hum, i see i was close behind.....level 13 @ 4 days 18 hours.... ;P

in my defense, those murlocs are OP af
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,177
    Viper482 said:
    Well I think the point is to let each individual play it the way it suits them best?

Who is to say that all players in classic must take it slow and socialize?

The beauty of good games is that they allow multiple playstyles.

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 425
    Well a guild named Apes in EU already killed Ragnaros like 1 hour ago or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxfzorbmrKk

They are a known guild in vanilla private servers and apparently ever since this classic server announced they were training and planning their road to MC like crazy. Well if they enjoyed good for them but I really don't understand the reason why some people loves to rush everything.

I just hit 24 and enjoying the game a lot. Playing on a rp-pvp realm and already partake in 3 full blown war between alliance and horde. It's crazy fun. And I have no hurry I will enjoy my time leveling 60 and just have fun with my friends. I just never understand this rush rush rush mentality.

laserit
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,711
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:
    Well I think the point is to let each individual play it the way it suits them best?

Who is to say that all players in classic must take it slow and socialize?

The beauty of good games is that they allow multiple playstyles.

Whatever...
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,488
    People are honestly overestimating level time. Its easy to level fast with a couple of frost mages in a coordinated group.
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member UncommonPosts: 886
    edited September 1
    This is not 2004 anymore, people already know/remember more or less the quests of their favorite race from 1 to 60. Which makes things easier and more efficient. Its obvious leveling will be faster even for casuals and end game content will be eaten in much bigger and faster bites. 
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,588
    I think rushing to level is beyond stupid and defeats the purpose of a game. If somebody has that much time to grind they should get outside and exercise more.

edited September 1
    I think rushing to level is beyond stupid and defeats the purpose of a game. If somebody has that much time to grind they should get outside and exercise more.

I think everyone should have the freedom to choose how they want to play. 

Some like to solo, some like to group. 

Some powerlevel, some take it slow and socialize.

Some just explore, some play a lot of alts

Etc... etc...

All the above are fine.

I think this idea that WoW classic should only be played one way only is pretty short sighted 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,937
    DMKano said:

Etc... etc...

All the above are fine.

I think this idea that WoW classic should only be played one way only is pretty short sighted 

I exercised the true freedom.....I chose not to play. 

:)
    Sandmanjwceratop001DMKano

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,488
    Why are people acting like these guys are rushing to be a typical modern gamer....they are honestly rushing because there's some form of monetary gain associated, why else would a group like Method be hosting "world first events"? For the love of the game? Lol yeah right....
    DMKano
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,637
    Crystal meth is a helluva drug...

Seriously though I've seen a lot of retail behavior pour over into classic which is what I hope in time will disappear when/if those people get bored. There have also been a lot of good things resurface that has not been in WoW since vanilla/tbc so whatever I guess it balances out.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 1,859
    DMKano said:

Etc... etc...

All the above are fine.

@DMKano You wanted to know when I got bored of WoW Classic. Today. I liked the little things but walking minutes to get from one place to another killed it for me. Their was a point where a NPC told me to travel to this location and I saw how far it was and quit. 
    Nor playing- obviously also an option
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:

Etc... etc...

All the above are fine.

@DMKano You wanted to know when I got bored of WoW Classic. Today. I liked the little things but walking minutes to get from one place to another killed it for me. Their was a point where a NPC told me to travel to this location and I saw how far it was and quit. 

This whole "time waster quest design" is very much an early mmorpg feature when subscription was the main payment model. 

The idea was to slow down the pace of the game as much as possible to keep players playing for months thus paying more.

That's why early mmorpgs took forever to do most mundane stuff - like spending 30min+ just going from one NPC to another 

Or EQ1 waiting on boats for 40min..... corpse runs that took hours etc....
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,905
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:

Etc... etc...

All the above are fine.

Shh... don't tell anyone but I've played more current WOW than Classic today :)
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    BruceYee said:
    Crystal meth is a helluva drug...

Seriously though I've seen a lot of retail behavior pour over into classic which is what I hope in time will disappear when/if those people get bored. There have also been a lot of good things resurface that has not been in WoW since vanilla/tbc so whatever I guess it balances out.

It was all streamed on twitch. 

The real motive behind being the 1st to hit 60 in classic is simple in this case - $$$$ 

Also the guy had increased his followers and subscribers on twitch pretty significantly- which again translates to more $$$$