Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game Available Now On Steam - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game Available Now On Steam - MMORPG.com News

As previously announced, Asmodee is bringing the Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game to Steam for PC and Mac.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Is it any good?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Saw it on the PS4 store yesterday as well. Don't think it's any good and pretty generic compared to other (F2P) computer cardgames. For €30 on PS4 with only a single-player mode it's a hard pass for me.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    mixed reviews on steam so far.....

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Tokken said:
    mixed reviews on steam so far.....
    Yes, doesn't look good.

If anyone's looking for a good single-player card game there's The Witcher cardgame with very positive rating
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/973760/Thronebreaker_The_Witcher_Tales/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Vrika said:
    If anyone's looking for a good single-player card game there's The Witcher cardgame with very positive rating
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/973760/Thronebreaker_The_Witcher_Tales/
    Or, right from the source, with a 50% discount at the moment:
    (why would you tie a Witcher game to steam when there's gog.com? :) You can play there Gwent too)
  • VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I'm guessing it's not nearly as complex as the excellent but contorted LCG it borrows its art from?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I remember playing the original lord of the rings card game 20 years ago.
    There were funny win conditions such as leading Frodo to the mountain to drop the ring in the fire.

Obviously though that was a win condition similar to successfully playing all parts of the Exodia...
    Harbinger of Fools