Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Classic - Discovering Azeroth - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    swing848 said:
    If you want to play old, play Dark Age of Camelot. The game is free and anyone can play limited content free.

Retail Daoc is nothing like old Daoc in any way, shape, or form.....except dated graphics.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186
  • BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186

Amathe said:

Exploring is one of the most fun things you can do in WoW. There is so much to see, and it's really cool. Plus it's a good way to go off script and make your own story.

You don't need 'Classic' for that.
  • OGDeathRowOGDeathRow Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Why go discover to live the discovery in wow? in what way does discover in WoW discover it in WoW classic? WoW BFA is also pretty good but so much in wow classic having such a time that its one of the experiences I've years now. it shows how bfa to classic and now at moment classic surpass bfa beacuse bfa is what it is to wow as classic wow to wow
    I dont think google translate works well for you, if english isnt your first language thats ok, but these posts never seem to make any sense. I guess mine rarely do, but least the words string together properly : )

Not trying to be rude, hope you understand. Just throwin it out there in case you do use translate.
  • mwforrestmwforrest Member UncommonPosts: 14
    "We take so much of modern game design staples for granted - Classic gives us a snapshot into why those quality of life features were implemented in the first place."

And also why they should've never been implemented. They've turned WoW into an anti-social lobby game with a world that is technically huge but feels smaller than ever. There is no immersion and 99% of the content is so easy it's not even worth playing. And the 1% of modern WoW that is challenging is so isolated from the rest of the game that it might as well be a separate game with no levels (mythic raids and high level Mythic+ dungeons).

MMORPGs were originally based on tabletop games like DnD where it was about immersing yourself into a character and into a virtual world where things like your item weight impacted your ability to move or evade attacks. Every little detail mattered, just like in RL because that is what makes it believable. Some of these things might be annoying and tedious (like running to a trainer to learn a new ability) but these things are also what contributes to immersion.
    pantaro
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Vanilla/Classic just gives me that virtual world fix. I'm having a good time with it and its more than rose colored glasses. It's just a style of game and game play I really enjoy.  :)   

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2019

Amathe said:

Exploring is one of the most fun things you can do in WoW. There is so much to see, and it's really cool. Plus it's a good way to go off script and make your own story.

So many different types of zones with so many different types of environments and creatures. Loved the game when it first came out!

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey