Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Classic: Queue Party!

2»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Nyctelios said:
    Had to give up from playing the only acceptable faction so I could play with friends... So I'm a forsaken rogue.... siiiigh...
    Opposite for me... I wanted to play Tauren Shaman/Hunter but I'm stuck with alliance because of friends.

I'll still level horde chars too... on a RPPVP server ;)
    I feel your pain <3

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    So nice to see people are enjoying! have fun!
    NorseGod[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Peak time in the EU English Servers:
    20 Servers out of 23 are on Full or High, the other 3 on Medium.
    Waiting times on Full is 5 hours, on High is 1.5 hours.

I know it is still too early to cry, but I seriously think Blizzard got their numbers wrong by underestimating the demand.
    What if population doesn't drop like they expected?
    Since the Server at the moment are accommodating 3 times the optimal numbers of players, if 2/3 of those players won't quit, will those queues and Sharding go on forever?

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited August 2019
    Robokapp said:
    it drops off in a month. it's been the same story when Aion was launching, when Age of Conan was launching etc. I know there hasnt been a big MMo launch in years but trust me, this isn't new. Queues will be manageable by end of next week. 
    None of which ever got close to WOW playerbase or success.
    I also described the difference between WOW Classic and other progression Servers.
    WOW is the only one which is carbon copy of the original, while most of the other MMOs progression servers are just modern version of the games that allows you to play old content as if it was a fresh launch.
    Most people don't want to play just old content, they want to play the old mechanics and gameplay.
    Classic offers that.

My point was though that even though population might eventually drop, it should drop by 2/3 in order for the Sharding and queues to go away.
    I don't see 2/3 of people quitting Classic after 3 months.
    Maybe 1/3 after 3 months, and 50% after 6 months.
    In both cases the servers will still be way overcrowded.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    TEKK3N said:
    Peak time in the EU English Servers:
    20 Servers out of 23 are on Full or High, the other 3 on Medium.
    Waiting times on Full is 5 hours, on High is 1.5 hours.

I know it is still too early to cry, but I seriously think Blizzard got their numbers wrong by underestimating the demand.
    What if population doesn't drop like they expected?
    Since the Server at the moment are accommodating 3 times the optimal numbers of players, if 2/3 of those players won't quit, will those queues and Sharding go on forever?

I just tested two of the high realms, no waiting time. Full realms should all have some waiting time.

But I guess we'll see a lot more about population on Monday. First weekend should be the busiest time.