Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Classic: Queue Party!

TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
On EU Server up to 4 hours queue on High pop.
The Low Pop you can't even connect, probably that's why they are low pop.
5 new Servers on top of the ones added yesterday and they are already Medium pop, 40 minutes in from the launch.

Welcome to 2004, true Vanilla experience!

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,582
    I always loved the WOW queue parties in the past, reminds me of launch.
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Other than it being "bad publicity" I don't see an issue with merging servers, I'd bet they rent them anyway.  Hell leave both names in the realm list and just make them go to the same physical server, see how long it takes for people to figure it out lol.  It's not like there is land or much important other stuff like in Archeage.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    doesn't get much better when you're in the game. i managed to log in the first 15 minutes as an undead.....the starting area was just mental. so many people, and so much lag that spells take a full minute to cast. all mobs are instantly contested by 20 people. quest givers take multiple minutes to spawn. the only clue is a cluster fudge of people standing where the quest giver is supposed to be. chat so clogged that it keeps disconnecting me every 30 seconds. 

i think i'll wait a few days...maybe a week or two. 

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    PvP Servers are busting.
    They might need to open few more to accommodate the demand.
    Queues are insane.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,850
    I have been in que for 60 minutes... Still have a half hour left
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,198
    DMKano said:
    That of course sucks - there was nothing fun about any hours+ queue for any launch vanilla included as well as this one.

Of course the issue is Blizzard knows that too many servers - and then they would end up with a ton of underpopulated worlds that would need merging very soon.

Too few and the queues are too long - but due to players accepting same old 15 year old problems as some kind of cool nostalgia, they dont have to change a thing.

Players always settle for whatever is slung their way.

I mean putting a positive spin on an age of launch problem (hours and hours of queues) is not a good thing
    I always like the whole queue thing. I suppose, for me, it was a time to bond over this one issue, to talk on forums, to tell the stories of waiting in line only to get in and then get booted.

It was the epitomyof the social experience. Distilled to where the players, all the players were together in the most purest form.

IceAgeAbimor
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I had a premade character on an eu server and got straight in,the server said full also,so not sure whats going on with the Queues,there was a few issues when I logged in but was soon sorted,from my view point it all seemed pretty smooth.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,827
    Im' quite tempted to sub just to play classic for a while. Is there any "mmorpg.com" server or are you guys just going each one on their own?
    Cryomatrix
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; Genshin Impact

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,160
    wow, no WoW

edited August 2019
    They just announced they are going to add 3 new US servers.
    They went from 7 two weeks ago, to 23 right now, and that's only US.
    EU is on 23 already and here is 4 AM, wait until peak time, they will have to add many more.

No one wanted Classic LOL!
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

Who the hell said that?

What people were saying is that the launch will be huge - just wont be able to sustain that success for long
    The current President of Blizzard????

Current playing: 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
    Well, 12k here.

:shrugs and goes back to watch GLOW:

Current playing: 

Being playing for a few hours and I love this so far. Again will I be play six months from now. Probably not but I can not stop playing. Just opened a new window so I can say that so far this experience has been really good
    Nyctelioslaserit

DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Being playing for a few hours and I love this so far. Again will I be play six months from now. Probably not but I can not stop playing. Just opened a new window so I can say that so far this experience has been really good

It would be nice if you can keep us posted at which point the rose tinted effect starts to wear off.

I have no rose tinted glasses never played the game back in the day... experiencing the game for the first time
    WaanlaseritIceAge

Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

It would be nice if you can keep us posted at which point the rose tinted effect starts to wear off.

I have no rose tinted glasses never played the game back in the day... experiencing the game for the first time
    Never played vanilla back in the day either... I mean, I played using a friends account a couple times. But never "played" it, fully.

At that time internet was not good here, or even avaiable, my friend had WoW because he traveled to USA and bought a box, a physical one.

Current playing: 

Nyctelios said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

Never played vanilla back in the day either... I mean, I played using a friends account a couple times. But never "played" it, fully.

At that time internet was not good here, or even avaiable, my friend had WoW because he traveled to USA and bought a box, a physical one.
    See I never even touched the game... I know about it of course but I didn't actually play WoW until BFA

Arterius said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

See I never even touched the game... I know about it of course but I didn't actually play WoW until BFA
    Played a bit TBC, but casually. Really played it WotLK 
    Arterius

Current playing: 

DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

Who the hell said that?

What people were saying is that the launch will be huge - just wont be able to sustain that success for long
    Blizzard own President
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    EU is on 23 already and here is 4 AM, wait until peak time, they will have to add many more.

NA alone has 242 non-classic servers.

So long ways to go for Classic to overtake retail (hint it wont happen)
    All empty.
    IceAge
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

He is Mister Nostalgia, according to him old school MMORPGs are all about nostalgia.

Don’t mind him.
    His idea of a MMORPGs is in line with Ion Iazzakostas or whatever is called the guy who killed MMORPGs. 

Lucky me... Was on 10k on pvprp and by accident went back to realm list to find out they opened another RPPVP and it was instant in.

Current playing: 

Nyctelios said:
    Lucky me... Was on 10k on pvprp and by accident went back to realm list to find out they opened another RPPVP and it was instant in.
    I had to get off for the night... midnight my time and daughter has doctors appointment in seven hours
    Nyctelios

DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

In that case - you can tell us at which point the game starts to get boring lol 
    Honestly I won't get the chance my sub is up in three months because i bought six months when I started playing BFA but after tonight I don't expect I will go back. Just to many other games to play and WoW classic will never, hopefully, be updated in a meaningful way. No expansions, new content, etc...

So many games come out that I have pre-ordered. I have a game a week at least starting tomorrow with Control for the rest of year, more or less. So WoW classic is done for me. If it was a new MMO that I knew was going to be updated frequently I would have stuck around but I don't want to dick around and then wish for more content when its done.

DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:

NA alone has 242 non-classic servers.

So long ways to go for Classic to overtake retail (hint it wont happen)
    All empty.

So Blizzard is running 242 empty realms in NA ..... seriously?
    Have you ever heard of hyperboles?

And the reason why there are so many server left is because of paid transfers, that’s why they don’t merge Servers, and because of the cross-realm technology they are not forced to merge them either.

Axxar
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,911
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:

Maybe you should entertain a possibility that vanilla WoW was actually a good game and that people are not enjoying it just because of a "rose tinted effect".

I do not dispute the fact that the initial high population will not be sustained longer term and that the numbers will probably drop quite a lot quite fast. However, I think it is a good enough game to sustain several servers with a healthy level of population.

I played vanilla on the private servers (nostalrius -> elysium -> light's hope) together with tens of thousands of other people and was having a lot of fun. I played for months there including some end game raiding and pvp. It definitely wasnt just nostalgia that kept me playing.
    Steelhelm