Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageControl Review - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

Control might be one of the weirdest, yet satisfying games I've ever played. Part mystery, part thriller, the latest game from Remedy pushes the boundaries of the paranormal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217
    So glad I'm not playing this on console. PC all the way. Cannot wait to see the ray tracing in this game.
    psychosiz1Ozmodan
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    7/10 Never forget

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2019
    This is an Epic exclusive so not buying, but for those that do you have the double exclusive of it also not working properly on consoles. Enjoy. :)
    elveoneRoin
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    This is an Epic exclusive so not buying, but for those that do you have the double exclusive of it also not working properly on consoles. Enjoy. :)
    Some would call that a win win situation  :*

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Seeing Martti Suosalo (Ahti) in a videogame, don't know why that feels so weird.. :)
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited August 2019
    Epic exclusive....so meh.

Not interested in yet another game launcher, have enough of having to use steam wont add another no matter what game it is. What I really wonder about is....do these game companies really make more money from the smaller cut epic charges if you account for those like me that simply wont buy the game now due to it needing the epic launcher?
    elveone

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "Along the way you’ll encounter Objects of Power, ordinary objects such as a .... rubber ducky, imbued with powers beyond reckoning."

I always knew there was more to Mr. Ducky than he was letting on.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    hmm it support ray tracing? I'm going to try it on my 1070ti see how it looks before upgrading to 20s series (this thing is pricey)
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Going to have to sail the high seas on this one. EGS exclusive = no buy for me.
    elveone
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Another Epic exclusive that is a no buy.  Why idiotic developers do exclusives is beyond me, it really limits their prospective buyers.

Oh and sorry, I have yet to see ray tracing provide that great a visual benefit not counting the huge performance hit.  Ray tracing is merely a gimmick at this stage of technology. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited August 2019
    Ah well apparently if you can surf the web like a good little hoodlum you can get this without the epic store/launcher..tbh I thought this would take longer lolz....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    epic store exclusive , the devs outright refusing to allow men stream the game early, only cohh out of all ecelebs allowed to stream it, and random no name girl gamers with 100 viewers day 1 of exclusive access to teh game's streaming rights. my favorite twitch streamer REFUSED a key, nah, not supporting this game, day 1 COPYING THAT FLOPPY