Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard To Add New WoW Classic Realms Monday, August 26 - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

blamo2000 said:

btdt said:

The fundamental flaw was the whole name reservation thing.  Had they just launched and made it a first come first serve thing, they wouldn't be chasing their tails right now.  Reality is, there is going to be queues and full servers no matter what.  They know it, we know it.  

I agree but also disagree. It going this way is beautiful for a large segment of players. How they did it ensures certain types of players are mostly consolidated, making which server to pick easier for my kind of people who are looking to play with my kind of people and looking to avoid servers filled with certain personality types and players with completely antithetical thinking and whose values are anathema to us.

Multiplayer at it’s finest.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Will be interesting to see which guild gets a player to max level first.  Hopefully no gold sellers like the old days.

There will be 60s within the first week
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Utinni said:

Why did you only bother to include the US information and not the EU?

You think your readers are only from US?

"In the EU, five new servers are coming: Flamelash, Gandling, Mograine, Nethergarde Keep and Razorgore. All of these are English-language servers, and they are all PvP realms except for Nethergarde Keep."

Google is hard.

Google is hard, but doing his job properly is even harder.

But thinking that people interested in Classic WoW (who have waited all these years for the server) might not be checking the forums daily, even hourly... now thats impossible!
    I'd just hope you could do the basic research of typing into a search bar. Perhaps doing something for yourself isn't an EU thing.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    edited August 2019

Coolit said:

I think Bliz have massively underestimated the interest in classic although I guess it’s more about finding the right number of servers that suits the population after it stabilizes in 6 months.

I literally know dozens of people that are coming back to play classic, many of whom have not played in several years.

If they thought classic was going to be amazingly popular and stay amazingly popular they would have to rethink their template for what makes a good modern MMORPG. They do not believe it will rewrite the book on how to make MMOs, it seems to me that classic is a version of Wow there for those who want to play it and it was cheaply made rather than making a new MMO.

Ideally, many of the ideas that are essential to classic should be at least looked at as possibilities in modern WoW but I doubt that will happen. Classic will be seen as just another revenue stream as that's all MMOs are to gaming companies today. There is no best way to make a MMO, only a best way to make as much money out of different demographics of players as possible.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    edited August 2019
    [mod edit]
    Must be Malware.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited August 2019
    you wanted classic, and that is EXACTLY how classic was ;)

asked you classic fans more than once what of classic you are exactly missing, the server hickups, the falling through the world while mining or just getting stunlocked by my rogue ^^

or was it the months long farm to actually be able to even TRY that last bosses in MC? :)

welcome to your brave old world.
    kertin

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    Launching Classic on a Monday when players have to be in work during the week instead of launching on a weekend. What could possibly go wrong?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    nyxium said:
    Launching Classic on a Monday when players have to be in work during the week instead of launching on a weekend. What could possibly go wrong?
    Well, maybe it will allow for some people to get quests done while others are at work, and vice versa. I'm excited to wait in a single file line to get boss mobs killed. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Classic goes live at Midnight tonight ?
    • Aloha Mr Hand !