Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpunk 2077 Coming to Google Stadia - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Kabulozo said:
    Vrika said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:
    My prediction is by 2030 cloud gaming will be bigger than PC + Console combined. It is not something that happens overnight.

If you have a 5G device today and stand before a 5G access point, you can get up to 2Gb/s+ download speeds.

It takes a couple of seconds to download a movie.
    and 2020 flying cars would be common
    Medium internet speeds will be several times faster than the average speed of the average joe of today by 2030, just like median internet speed of today is dozens times faster than it was 10 years ago.

10 years ago watching video streams on a cell phone, or even a computer was something unheard of. Only the elites could have access to that, in order to do video conferences.
    In 2010 Youtube already had 2 billion views a day:
      https://www.smh.com.au/technology/youtube-serving-up-two-billion-videos-daily-20100517-v8sf.html

You'd have to go back more than 10 years before watching video streams was unheard of.
    Watching live stream =/= watching a already recorded, uploaded and processed video.

I began watching recorded 240P yt videos in 2006. Now i can watch 1080P+ 60FPS live stream on my phone with no problem. With the same price of internet(corrected by inplation), my net package went from 300 kbps back in 2006 to 50 mbps now. Same package, just the speed was improved over time.
    and streaming is the same as inputing commands to a server then wait the return of such back, again bandwith is diferent from latency, someone with over 1gb download speed could still get over 200 MS of latency depending on distance, also note, downalodaing speed normally is a lot higher then upload, for stadia not having any issues you would need to have a upload on par with download, with most isps don't do.

plus lets get real here not everyone and the ones who is hardcore and with money would want to waste time playing games in a stream, with would be the one who would have the internet for such service, not considerating the whole monthly payment required to have such service
    Yes latency is not the same as speed, it depends on the distance from you to the server, this is why only big companies like Google and MS can pull it off, cause they have the money to install servers wherever they want in order to decrease the latency.

Tests with xCloud(MS cloud platform) at E3 have experienced around 70 ms latency which is just a little over Xbox game played locally (60 MS).
    alkarionlog
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:
    My prediction is by 2030 cloud gaming will be bigger than PC + Console combined. It is not something that happens overnight.

If you have a 5G device today and stand before a 5G access point, you can get up to 2Gb/s+ download speeds.

Medium internet speeds will be several times faster than the average speed of the average joe of today by 2030, just like median internet speed of today is dozens times faster than it was 10 years ago.

10 years ago watching video streams on a cell phone, or even a computer was something unheard of. Only the elites could have access to that, in order to do video conferences.
    You know, 15 years ago when I moved out to where I do now, I got 3MB service and it wasn’t bad.

15 years later. I‘m up to 6MB. And that’s the fastest service available to me without data capping.

I’m not holding my breath that 10 years from now it magically just gets better because of 5G or Fiber or whatever else is the new buzzword tech. 

Asm0deus
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Also I though you had to pay for access you stadia, and then you had to pay extra on top of that for access to specific games or bundles of games.

im not certain on that though, haven’t seen specific details, but I would be leery of assuming just because it’s a cloud service that it will be all you can eat like Netflix
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    I was just going to ask: What's Google Stadia?
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited August 2019
    Vrika said:

People cant get consistent FPS sometimes with their own high end PC... and you think everything through the internet will be just fine?

That thing is gonna be dead on arrival.

I wouldn't say dead on arrival, but it will have several and lots of problems, thing is, people who have a internet as good and as fast would have money, and if they have money buying a computer who could run it or any device, and most people who like to spend playing have good rigs to run anything, it will be a small niche and I don't see anything usefull in the future for such, but oh make sure they will push such thing hard, no better way to keep what people play and shoving adds easier then forced online requirement
    Though most of that audience is likely outside USA. I live in Finland. The net prices and accessibility in most of the Europe, Japan and South Korea is a lot better than what people in USA are accustomed to. Google is a global company and they can launch the service as long as they've got enough potential audience somewhere on the globe.
    That's the key thing in their whole strategy, they're aiming to a very specific audience and it's entirely possible that several people of the said audience already have a pc or console for gaming.

So... remains to be seen if Google can really find enough amount of potential customers for their service (I'm skeptical tho).

IMO, Google should release its streaming platform with at least a most buy game, since they have in theory unlimited computational power, they could have developed the next Crysis. I've heard they have at least one gaming studio working directly for them but will their games be ready for the release? or anything that makes stadia a must-have?
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I think that Stadia has been designed with the low-orbit satellite network spaceX is working towards. In the world of finance it will save up some 10/20 ms latency between Wall-Street and London, which can translate in massive profits.
    For the rest of us lowly peasants it will mean fiber optic speeds with very low latency world-wide. I think that Stadia is simply a bit ahead of the times, they will probably test things out with a smaller user base first — those who currently enjoy fiber speed — before opening the gates to the masses.
    [Deleted User]
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I won't give goggle a dime. I sure as heck won't use their gaming service. I am not the only one that will not use it either. Google controls just way too much on the internet as it is.

DavodtheTutt

Let's party like it is 1863!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Gruug said:
    I won't give goggle a dime. I sure as heck won't use their gaming service. I am not the only one that will not use it either. Google controls just way too much on the internet as it is.

you kinda can't say you don't give google a dime, if you use google to search for things, you kinda already give then a dime for that.

Sabrac said:
    Vrika said:

People cant get consistent FPS sometimes with their own high end PC... and you think everything through the internet will be just fine?

That thing is gonna be dead on arrival.

I wouldn't say dead on arrival, but it will have several and lots of problems, thing is, people who have a internet as good and as fast would have money, and if they have money buying a computer who could run it or any device, and most people who like to spend playing have good rigs to run anything, it will be a small niche and I don't see anything usefull in the future for such, but oh make sure they will push such thing hard, no better way to keep what people play and shoving adds easier then forced online requirement
    Though most of that audience is likely outside USA. I live in Finland. The net prices and accessibility in most of the Europe, Japan and South Korea is a lot better than what people in USA are accustomed to. Google is a global company and they can launch the service as long as they've got enough potential audience somewhere on the globe.
    That's the key thing in their whole strategy, they're aiming to a very specific audience and it's entirely possible that several people of the said audience already have a pc or console for gaming.

So... remains to be seen if Google can really find enough amount of potential customers for their service (I'm skeptical tho).

IMO, Google should release its streaming platform with at least a most buy game, since they have in theory unlimited computational power, they could have developed the next Crysis. I've heard they have at least one gaming studio working directly for them but will their games be ready for the release? or anything that makes stadia a must-have?
    and that bring a whole lot of issues because thanks for the huge numbers of company like netflix, who you pay a monthly fee and have access to they shows, most have a exclusive content, with makes you require to pay then, problem is since there is several now, piracy of such things are on raise again, because no way in hell people would pay more then one or 2, stadia the way they are trying to do would also compete with the resources people already use for these other streams, not considerating the fact I consider a film and a game, I don't see me ever buying a film, but I still buy games, but even so I coould play it once or twice, it would still give me a lot of time on it

also saying they market would be europe, I find hard to belive, they market would be SK and japan, since the average net speed around there are over 1GB and they are small enough to have a server in the center of then to work, now europe I would consider the whole laws to be troublesome, plus lets get real here, the investement required for such would be too high and I doubt they would go that far, the chances of not regaining money for it is too high, and companys are not big on huge gambles
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited August 2019
    Ridelynn said:
    Kabulozo said:
    Kabulozo said:

You know, 15 years ago when I moved out to where I do now, I got 3MB service and it wasn’t bad.

15 years later. I‘m up to 6MB. And that’s the fastest service available to me without data capping.

I’m not holding my breath that 10 years from now it magically just gets better because of 5G or Fiber or whatever else is the new buzzword tech. 

You must live in a shithole then. I live in Brazil which is a shithole comared to the 1st world, and my net speed went from 300 kbps 15 years ago to 50 mbps now, same package. And it isn't even the fastest package available, it is the most modest.
    Ridelynn said:
    Also I though you had to pay for access you stadia, and then you had to pay extra on top of that for access to specific games or bundles of games.

im not certain on that though, haven’t seen specific details, but I would be leery of assuming just because it’s a cloud service that it will be all you can eat like Netflix
    There is the free version which offer 1080P/60FPS, no subscription, minimum internet required is 20 mbps. The subscription version offers 4K/60FPS resolution, minimum net 35 mbps required.
    Octagon7711
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    I'm hoping it becomes epic exclusive with the option for google stadia or gog store. If cyberpunk 2077 became epic only (or GOG included), it would really make a massive difference to the PC game industry. Right now steam takes so much money and has no quality control, this would destroy steam like netflix did to blockbuster. It would be the best thing that could ever happen to PC gaming and we can go from quantity that is steam to quality of Epic.

Maybe even remove the option to buy on GOG and really make sure Epic is able to defeat steam easily. Sure there'd be angry people, but that will happen anytime there is change because a lot of people are afraid of change. But if epic had control of the pc digital industry, developers can make better quality games and also sell them for a cheaper price.
    Found the paid shill
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Daakkon said:
    I'm hoping it becomes epic exclusive with the option for google stadia or gog store. If cyberpunk 2077 became epic only (or GOG included), it would really make a massive difference to the PC game industry. Right now steam takes so much money and has no quality control, this would destroy steam like netflix did to blockbuster. It would be the best thing that could ever happen to PC gaming and we can go from quantity that is steam to quality of Epic.

Maybe even remove the option to buy on GOG and really make sure Epic is able to defeat steam easily. Sure there'd be angry people, but that will happen anytime there is change because a lot of people are afraid of change. But if epic had control of the pc digital industry, developers can make better quality games and also sell them for a cheaper price.
    Found the paid shill
    Worse. An amateur unpaid one.
    [Deleted User]Asm0deus[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED