Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elsword's Character RE:BOOT Is As Ambitious As It Is Massive - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElsword's Character RE:BOOT Is As Ambitious As It Is Massive - MMORPG.com

Elsword, the anime side-scrolling MMO from KOG Games began to completely reboot its characters last month. The results are massive changes to each character and job in the MMO, an ambitious undertaking from the small team in charge of the title.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I really wanted to love the game but the moment I see the cash shop, I just really questioned myself, do I really want this cash sink?
    Samhael

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited August 2019
    From what I hear, the game's more gear (and thus, because of how upgrading works, cash-shop) based more than ever.

I guess their original monetary strategy of encouraging people to constantly re-roll new characters (and thus have to re-buy all the various things like extended bank space and skill slots) because there wasn't much end-game progression finally ran out or something (maybe all the big spenders made every class character they want by now) so now they switched it to focusing on equipment upgrades.

.....meh.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Didn't they just do this a few years ago? When there were ten characters and the level cap was 80 or 85 or so, they noticed that each new character had been stronger than the previous to try to get people to play it, and the early characters were ridiculously underpowered by comparison. So they redid all of the characters to bring them roughly in line with the newest and strongest. And now they're doing that all over again?
  • SupremeCharizardSupremeCharizard Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    For the most part this was an extra large balance patch with some new skills and systems for anyone wondering. It was generally a good thing for the game though perfect balance is hard and a few classes got a bit too much of a buff or nerf.