Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Days Of Counting Down, Gamigo Reveals Archeage Unchained - MMORPG.com

Comments

• summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76

Wizardry said:

BS on cosmetic,if items are non valuable nobody would buy them.The problem persists further down the road,once baited in,hooked,they can easily add  in a full p2w  cash shop a year or two later after you already have a lot invested into the game,then what...quit?
    I like to quit on MY TERMS and not because a developer a year or two later implemented ideas that turned me right off,like p2w cash shops.

I would rather have NO CASH shop at all,that way there is a better chance the developer is more fair...honest,not trying to gouge players for MORE,so maybe it remains that way forever.
    Sadly only ONE game did that,FFXI remained non cash shop forever,at least for the 15 years i played.
    If all these other developers can say they went 15 years without bullshit cash shops they can stand up to the podium and be congratulated but NONE of them can do that,not blizzard,not NCSOFT,Not Trion/Gamigo,not SOE/DB NONE of them.
    I do NOT look at gaming from a business standpoint,why would i,i look at gaming from MY standpoint as a consumer.I do NOT want to be gouged,ripped off,baited,hooked into anything that revolves around $$$,i simply want to pay for a game and play it.

While I agree with what you are saying for the most part I would just point out GW2 cosmetic's have no real in game value and people buy still them . Sometimes people just want to look good .
  • noob5325noob5325 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Renoaku said:

I still don't understand how they can be trusted it seems everytime "Arche Age" gets broken and the population decreases they open a new "Fresh Start Server" Us whales myself included who spent more than $1000 in the game and got completely f**** over by Trion Worlds now have to deal with "Gamigo" making fresh start servers yet again just with different "Server Rule Modfications" based off reading their post.

So basically it has happened again, server division, people who spent a lot even going back into the game makes no sense because who is to say Gamigo / Trion won't do it again with yet another server on messing up the game yet again.

----------Even people who own Solar, Lunar, Stellar Farms, Gems, as well as every cosmetic in the game don't get to transfer any of this over, yet some spent hundreds of dollars in Loot Box to get these.

LAWLAWL shouldn't have wasted more then $1000 on the game then, stay in your server and stop crying like a little b****.
    cheeba
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    DMKano said:
    I thought everybody wanted a subscription only server with all tems available in-game without having to to hit the garbage cash shop.

So now this one is just a box price, but same thing minus APEX and labor pool subscription? How does that change anything? I'm being serious. Educate me.

Everyone wanted P2P without the cash shop.

Not B2P + cash shop.

The problem is the cash shop remained - so super easy to just start adding P2W items at some point as there is no legally binding signed statement guaranteeing that cash shop will always remain vanity only.
    Well, I understand that. So basically it's the EXACT SAME GAME, with the EXACT SAME ISSUES except that instead of having the F2P players have 2000 labor max 5/5 labor regen, and no access to housing everybody is B2P?

That doesn't change anything. The same things that "whales" could do to ride a golf cart in a foot race is still happening. Or am I mistaken?

• Throwing hard cash at regrading RNG.
    • The cash shop gliders, mounts and pets that directly give advantage in OWPVP.
    • The capes, and under clothes foolery.
    • Labor Pots

All this really sounds like is Gameigo doing another Fresh Start server with a marketing ploy to get everybody to believe it's going to be level playing field again. All it's really doing is charging people for alts (because that is what opportunistic people do to circumvent the system, and it's encouraged with "Families").

The last thing it does, is it pushes the APEX people further into the RMT world.

A proper subscription only server with EVERYTHING reasonably available in game is what fixes Archeage (and maybe 20/20 labor regen like Alpha)

We're still going to see folks running around in full Mythic Gear 15,000 gear score while folks who just want to play straight up sit around 6,000-8,000 (if that) getting one shot. Guilds & Nations being formed based around GS and the idiocy that follows that.

Am I misreading the situation?
    kenguru23
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    One thing I am starting to notice is that a lot of the people getting excited for this, were excited for Bless......that turned out well, didn't it? I forget.
  • kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    I'll try the F2P version, the worst that can happen is I lose a couple of hours.
  • MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Just.....wow! Archeage was the first title that I spent money on, besides the initial purchase, and monthly sub. That being said, I do not regret that, I had a shit ton of fun from a couple months after launch until a year ago. Now, I spent well over 3 or 4k, and there was a point I prolly could have 'cashed out' for about half back. Lot's of friends, and acquaintances that spent more then I did.....Gamigo HAS to be aware of how AA transitioned to catering to the whales, and the ridiculous amounts of money we spent. Who exactly do they think is their target demographic!? The things that would have given AA real legs have come in spurts, here and there.....but ALWAYS too little too late. Gamigo can go F themselves, this is just insulting.....
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    It is confirm in Meinmmo website  the premium season pass are the new currency that can be exchanged for cosmetic rewards and titles for $10. Free season pass contain reward potions. Each completed task returns XP, with the pass totaling 55 levels. After that, you played it through. This is good for casual player so they can catch up older player.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Wizardry said:

BS on cosmetic,if items are non valuable nobody would buy them.The problem persists further down the road,once baited in,hooked,they can easily add  in a full p2w  cash shop a year or two later after you already have a lot invested into the game,then what...quit?
    I like to quit on MY TERMS and not because a developer a year or two later implemented ideas that turned me right off,like p2w cash shops.

I would rather have NO CASH shop at all,that way there is a better chance the developer is more fair...honest,not trying to gouge players for MORE,so maybe it remains that way forever.
    Sadly only ONE game did that,FFXI remained non cash shop forever,at least for the 15 years i played.
    If all these other developers can say they went 15 years without bullshit cash shops they can stand up to the podium and be congratulated but NONE of them can do that,not blizzard,not NCSOFT,Not Trion/Gamigo,not SOE/DB NONE of them.
    I do NOT look at gaming from a business standpoint,why would i,i look at gaming from MY standpoint as a consumer.I do NOT want to be gouged,ripped off,baited,hooked into anything that revolves around $$$,i simply want to pay for a game and play it.

While I agree with what you are saying for the most part I would just point out GW2 cosmetic's have no real in game value and people buy still them . Sometimes people just want to look good .
    the clothes of arche was supose to give stats, they cut it off after when they figure it would be simpler to just make players pay, the labyrinth had 3 tiers of clothes for melee, mage, ranged? like cloth, leather, plate.

like I said trion made a lot of changes, and most of this changes make the game worse, like normalization of mounts, no control on bots placing plots of land or even hacks to take lands, plus the nerf of crafting, and these was just some of the several errors trion and XL did, expecting gamigo will do any diferent is dumb, with is funny because if this plan fails they will jsut say no one wanted a p2p server....

AA is dead leave it buried and move on
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    If you polish a turd...
  • KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited August 2019
    Its a slightly less grindy version of the free 2 play version but has all the same microtransactions etc but they want you to pay a lump sum up front hmm so this is just a way to release the game again and make an big lump sum of money just like if they was releasing for the first time and selling founders packs... I mean its not going to cost them anything its just another shard or two with custom settings.

They did this with Defiance too so I guess it works. Its just Scummy.
  • Shooter564567Shooter564567 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    they gotta make money some how brody
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Mazeneal said:
    <snip>.....Gamigo HAS to be aware of how AA transitioned to catering to the whales, and the ridiculous amounts of money we spent. Who exactly do they think is their target demographic!? The things that would have given AA real legs have come in spurts, here and there.....but ALWAYS too little too late. Gamigo can go F themselves, this is just insulting.....

You are missing a key point: Trion went bankrupt. Money coming in couldn't pay the bills. And when Gamigo bought Trion stuff - technically not Trion the company - the exam question wouldn't have been: 

"What's the customer history of AA"

but: 

"how do we balance the books".

Step 1 was to get rid of most staff. People who knew the history - probably laid off. And the next steps will have been about keeping the games running, reducing support costs - remember Trion tanked - and integrating what they had bought under Gamigo management. And there are posts on this forum suggesting power grabs, people trying to secure their positions (futures) etc.  etc. Which seems entirely believable. 

So the idea of ex-Trion people telling Gamigo what went on - even if they could it won't have been the number 1 priority for them.

What this move does tell us is that at some point things had become stable enough for Gamigo to have moved onto "the next phase". And ask the the question: what should we do with AA.

Now at some point - sure - we can say that Gamigo has been running things for a while and its their "fault".  It was Trion's actions that created the situation though; Trion's actions that brought AA - and its other games - to the point of closure.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    gervaise1 said:
    Mazeneal said:
    <snip>.....Gamigo HAS to be aware of how AA transitioned to catering to the whales, and the ridiculous amounts of money we spent. Who exactly do they think is their target demographic!? The things that would have given AA real legs have come in spurts, here and there.....but ALWAYS too little too late. Gamigo can go F themselves, this is just insulting.....

You are missing a key point: Trion went bankrupt. Money coming in couldn't pay the bills. And when Gamigo bought Trion stuff - technically not Trion the company - the exam question wouldn't have been: 

but: 

Step 1 was to get rid of most staff. People who knew the history - probably laid off. And the next steps will have been about keeping the games running, reducing support costs - remember Trion tanked - and integrating what they had bought under Gamigo management. And there are posts on this forum suggesting power grabs, people trying to secure their positions (futures) etc.  etc. Which seems entirely believable. 

So the idea of ex-Trion people telling Gamigo what went on - even if they could it won't have been the number 1 priority for them.

What this move does tell us is that at some point things had become stable enough for Gamigo to have moved onto "the next phase". And ask the the question: what should we do with AA.

Now at some point - sure - we can say that Gamigo has been running things for a while and its their "fault".  It was Trion's actions that created the situation though; Trion's actions that brought AA - and its other games - to the point of closure.
    It looks more like Trion betting on AA and it was a bad decision, the only ones making money from AA is XLGames, what little Trion got out of it probably just wasn't worth it. :/
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Phry said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Mazeneal said:

but: 

It looks more like Trion betting on AA and it was a bad decision, the only ones making money from AA is XLGames, what little Trion got out of it probably just wasn't worth it. :/
    Surely a part of it. And Trion's bet on AA plus their other decisions led them to bankruptcy and, sadly for the staff of course, most of them being laid off. To blame Gamigo though so soon afterwards?
  • TeakStrangiatoTeakStrangiato Member UncommonPosts: 34
    "Labor Points" is something out of a crappy mobile gacha game.  This sort of thing has no business being in a MMORPG.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    AA is a cheater paradise, unchained them in a new version
    hard pass here, i dont think they can contain them.

a simple view at elitepvper can give you the amount of hack possible
    Copperfield
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Gamigo saying it's not going to be pay to win is an oxymoron. That company only knows how to make pay to win games. They're just kicking a dead horse now.
    [Deleted User]
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Its a Fresh Start server plain and simple.. Nothing is different as far as I can see.. They released nothing so far after the countdown that is compelling yet.. Which I'm thinking, what was the point of the countdown if they aren't going to release everything. The trailer was the worst put together recycled garbage I've ever seen.. The only thing that was original was the title screen..
    This just seems like Gamigo is trying to recoup their losses from buying AA to begin with..
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited August 2019
    will see how it turns out. I will try it cause honestly I really like the game at its core.

If there are boosters / non-basic mounts / non-basic gliders / costumes with special effects / Any form of houses / any special farming items (Plants, special livestock, ect) / any kind of ships / Tax Certificates / Building expansion/management certificates / any regrade gems of any kind / any vehicles. I will simply quit again.

If I see people running 10-30 alts a piece in this version as well. I will simply quit. That is actually worse then ppl rmting since this takes up tons of housing space and negate the ability for normal people to play.

Do I think the game will end up P2W again.. 100% it is Gamigo ... that is all they make. So I expect to see their argument being "This is not really p2w, it is pay to progress faster" or "Well you can earn the equivalent ingame"... .just takes 3months and 10000 gold after a while. But the cost of the game is going to be cheap. so yea not a major loss if they get greedy and want more money fast.
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    doubt to many people will get sucked into this, this time round as most have been screwed over with this game a couple of times already.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To simply title as a b2p model is false,in the fine print it is a cash shop and what one says is vanity might not be shared by others opinions.Besides once a cash shop is in place there is no trusting it now or down the road.

The only way to do it properly is to remove ANY and ALL cash shops.

These publishers /devs just do not get it,they are as dumb as a nail.Sub model is fine if the game is any good but there can never be a cash shop.

This is the problem,publishers such as the scummy ones,Gamigo....Nexon they are greedy as hell,they are not happy with doing well,they need to see multi millions and they need to see the numbers increase or board members are not happy.

The ways games are made...delivered...funded....needs to change in a big way,everything is a total mess right now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    I think Gamigo is actually listening to the playerbase and doing what they can to make the game fair on the new server. Now whether or not many people will actually give it another chance is yet to be seen.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Gamigo. It's exactly what you think it will be when you hear that name.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    You know what? There's absolutely nothing to look forward to in the MMO space right now, proper MMORPGs I mean, except WoW Classic and.. this. I have no interest in WoW so this is all there is for me. Everything else is going to be in alpha or beta for years to come.. or I've already played it to death... or it's the typical eastern copy paste MMO.

'If' they do this right, it'll be good. It's coming at a clever time as well because they will likely pick up a LOT of people dropping WoW Classic after a couple months.

Staying sceptical but I've got my eye on it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited August 2019
    Due to Archeage, Trion, XL, and Gamigo's past they do not deserve to be believed. They have to prove to the mmo community they are telling the truth. This step is NOT what the community has been asking for... it is sorta a shaky middle ground.

If they wanted to get ppl back in masses and actually fix archeage. B2P was not the answer, cause the cashshop is still there and there is a chance it will still be p2w or will become p2w over time as the higher ups want to increase quarterly/yearly earnings. That risk alone will make alot of people say screw the new server same old same old.

P2P with a No Alt Policy (How the game is designed to be played) and NO CASHSHOP AT ALL would of been the answer, and honestly probably would of got a large amount of people to come back and try it.

If they are telling the truth... there is a small chance they can pull the game back from the brink of death and give it a few more years of life. Unfortunately I think it is too late to actually save the game or anything longterm... this needed to happen 2-3 yrs ago.