Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Streamers Don't Seem To Be Welcome On WoW Classic's PvP Servers - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 119
    PvP players being Toxic why are people surprised?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Holst86 said:
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:
    This current anti-streamer movement really got traction based on some of the things that particular streamers (or groups of streamers) have promised to do in Classic, one of which is to gank anyone trying to mine Thorium, 24/7.  All Thorium will belong to them.

It's drawing a lot more hate than even the Devilsaur mafia will.

If you're just some average person streaming your average experience, without dedicating it to ruining anyone else's experience, you won't be added to any blacklist.

Here read this link and get your facts right:

It's nothing but persecution of streamers and associated. Using this addon should be a bannable offence.

What they are saying is that they don't want streamers to come to a particular server and disrupt things, personaly i don't have a problem with that, and honestly if they go ahead and stream from those particular servers in the knowledge of what the consequences are, then its because they want the attention this will likely bring them. Honestly i'd be tempted to join them, sounds fun  :p
    They don't have the right to exclude people from playing on a certain server. Guilds and players do not own or have exclusive rights to a server. And they have no right to force people, via persecution, off a server.

This is human isolationist group mentality when it is at its worst. This and people jumping the bandwagon to it's defence. No matter if this is some epic trolling or a real addon it's a disgrace.

Are you saying that streamers have the right to disrupt others gameplay? as for the human isolationist bs, good grief, that is some serious mental gymnastics you are practicing. :o
    jimmywolfHatefull
  • NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Are the ones hating streamers doing it because they can't stream? They can't afford or get high enough speeds to stream? I mean, I am one of those because I live in a small town and dont' want to pay a high price to get that upload speed faster then 2mbs.

My experience with this has been from Youtube and the people who would post their experiences in a game. Which I loved, just seeing how the gameplay was. And these people didn't risk showing off where they are, like for LoL or pvp.

Sure they asked (begged?) for you to subscrib if you like their videos and that's what I see streamers doing. I don't hear them begging on their channel for you to subscribe, least not on the ones I watch. But then some actually want to make or are having this as their career so why not support them? If you actually watch them, if not it's easy to ignore this situation.

It's a hiderance more to them from a pvp standpoint as they are posting where they are, especially in games like LoL/Overwatch where secrecy is more demanding at times.

The thing that bothers me most is that kids are starting to stream/youtube more now. And the hate/bullying toward streamers is going to hit them too. Luckily they're doing fortnite but who knows how long this starts affecting those games and not just WoW. Depends on how successful this campaign is and what others might want to do now that they see it can work.
    jimmywolfTacticalZombeh
  • NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Phry said:
    Are you saying that streamers have the right to disrupt others gameplay? as for the human isolationist bs, good grief, that is some serious mental gymnastics you are practicing. :o
    You made me think of reporters for the news/celebrities.
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Can someone explain the difference to me between a regular server and a PVP server? What's the different PvP rules???
  • some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Cuppett5 said:
    Can someone explain the difference to me between a regular server and a PVP server? What's the different PvP rules???
    On a PVP server you can kill streamers of the opposite faction out in the world. On PVE servers you have to wait for the Battlegrounds patch to release if you want to kill streamers.

So if you want to kill streamers you are pretty much forced to play on a PVP server, which is a bit restrictive if you ask me; having the streamers be always flagged regardless of the server ruleset would be more user-friendly and draw a lot more of streamer-hunting communities to the game.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Cuppett5 said:
    On PvP server you can attack a player of an opposing faction anytime excluding starter zones. On PvE realms you have to turn PvP flag on before anyone can attack you.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:
    This current anti-streamer movement really got traction based on some of the things that particular streamers (or groups of streamers) have promised to do in Classic, one of which is to gank anyone trying to mine Thorium, 24/7.  All Thorium will belong to them.

If you're just some average person streaming your average experience, without dedicating it to ruining anyone else's experience, you won't be added to any blacklist.

It's nothing but persecution of streamers and associated. Using this addon should be a bannable offence.

What they are saying is that they don't want streamers to come to a particular server and disrupt things, personaly i don't have a problem with that, and honestly if they go ahead and stream from those particular servers in the knowledge of what the consequences are, then its because they want the attention this will likely bring them. Honestly i'd be tempted to join them, sounds fun  :p
    They don't have the right to exclude people from playing on a certain server. Guilds and players do not own or have exclusive rights to a server. And they have no right to force people, via persecution, off a server.

This is human isolationist group mentality when it is at its worst. This and people jumping the bandwagon to it's defence. No matter if this is some epic trolling or a real addon it's a disgrace.

If a streamer decides to disturb the game, it would be ok for community take actions. The community doesn't need to tolerate that.

But the crime has to come before punishment. How many of the streamers have now been judged guilty before they game has launched or they've disturbed the game in any way? How many of their guildmates have now been judged guilty?

This isn't only about acting against gameplay disturbances. This is about community trying to give a blanket judgement that if you belong to certain undesired group then your existence is a crime against the community and you're guilty.
    jimmywolfHolst86HatefullCaffynated

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Vrika said:
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:

If a streamer decides to disturb the game, it would be ok for community take actions. The community doesn't need to tolerate that.

But the crime has to come before punishment. How many of the streamers have now been judged guilty before they game has launched or they've disturbed the game in any way? How many of their guildmates have now been judged guilty?

This isn't only about acting against gameplay disturbances. This is about community trying to give a blanket judgement that if you belong to certain undesired group then your existence is a crime against the community and you're guilty.
    The whole point of that addon is not to punish, but to dissuade streamers from joining their server. There will be one server enforcing those rules, and maybe one in EU with the hardcore guilds, which leaves the streamers free to chose any of the remaining servers.

Back when vanilla launched there were servers in EU that had been selected by non-English speaking communities and they hijacked all chat channels making it painful for anyone not speaking their tongue. They didn't have an addon to make your life miserable, they didn't do it because they were jerks, they simply wanted a place where they could speak whatever lingo they were into and you would be in the way. I don't see why this is any different. We can call them neckbeards all we want but they simply want to create a server where certain things don't happen and unlike the Italian community hijacking an English server back in 2004, they can't do this simply by saying "hey let's go all on that server" because the very nature of THEM being on the server and clearing things fast, will attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you pair that with the other unwanted attention, which is the one caused by high-profile streamers, then the server is a nightmare and unplayable.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

DrunkWolf said:

I never understood watching streamers. I grew up wanting to play the game not watch somebody else play.

What's the difference between watching someone play a video game and sports? As far as intent that is?

Iselin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited August 2019
    Addons being created to serve as a harassment tool? What possible justification would blizzard have for letting that slide? Why wouldn't the people using them expect to get banned?
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    DrunkWolf said:
    I never understood watching streamers. I grew up wanting to play the game not watch somebody else play.
    Don't forget the Cult of Personality syndrome. We have empirical evidence of the last "the whole of human history", that it works remarkably well and that an incredible amount of all population in any given generation is extremely susceptible.
  • Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Phry said:
    Holst86 said:
    Halibrand said:

What streamer(s) have said/done and/or have the intentions of doing just that? Quotes and links thanks(timestamps if in streams). Check my link above to see the intentions of the "pvp" guilds.

Having a scapegoat is alway convenient. Still doesn't justify hate and bullying.

mental gymnastics
    So human nature isn't present in gaming or on the internet?
    I have a tendency to overanalyze though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hatefull
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    (((eye roll)))
    [Deleted User]PhryCatibrie
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Wizardry said:

Hariken said:

The hate toward streamers is a growing tread and streamer have themselves to blame.

Yep i have lost a ton of interest,pretty much all the interest of watching any streamer and yes they are to blame.They are often arrogant and i just can't stand the suck up attitude to get money.
    To streaming a long time ago done mostly on Justin TV was to share the love of a game,NOW lmao it is all 100% about money with ridiculous fancy chairs and microphones.
    Streamers are just people but they do not act like themselves,they try to be something better than themselves,tons of bragging,tons of sub sub sub yada yada.

I have never given any streamer a single dime and never will,they should pay me and others for making their channel busy.People actually make streaming video games a living lol,how sad that people pay others to stream a video game,not like they have to pay for the streaming service.

If a streamer wants to share the love of gaming,sure great but in this case,all it will be is some shit talking pvp Wow ,look how great i am ,how great my guild is,that guild is trash etc etc.

Remember all that talk about a toxic community,well here you go,this is Blizzard,condemns it but creates the platform for it to exist which is pvp.I even laugh at people who THINK i want to know what they played in Wow...oh I..me ..me I was a Resto Druid,good for you IDC.I played FFXI i played EVERY class how about that and we HELPED each other instead of trying to one up each other.

It's a job dude, if you are big enough to scrape enough cash together from your community to pay your bills every month and plus some you are going to want to be good at your job.... entertaining people! The problem is you have no personality so therefore you wouldn't be a good streamer. I expect more jealousy than logic coming out of you anyway so there's that. I have no ill will against streamers they do what they do well and make a living, how the hell can you fault on that?
    SovrathTacticalZombeh
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Hashbrick said:

Wizardry said:

Hariken said:

The hate toward streamers is a growing tread and streamer have themselves to blame.

Yep i have lost a ton of interest,pretty much all the interest of watching any streamer and yes they are to blame.They are often arrogant and i just can't stand the suck up attitude to get money.
    To streaming a long time ago done mostly on Justin TV was to share the love of a game,NOW lmao it is all 100% about money with ridiculous fancy chairs and microphones.
    Streamers are just people but they do not act like themselves,they try to be something better than themselves,tons of bragging,tons of sub sub sub yada yada.

I have never given any streamer a single dime and never will,they should pay me and others for making their channel busy.People actually make streaming video games a living lol,how sad that people pay others to stream a video game,not like they have to pay for the streaming service.

If a streamer wants to share the love of gaming,sure great but in this case,all it will be is some shit talking pvp Wow ,look how great i am ,how great my guild is,that guild is trash etc etc.

Remember all that talk about a toxic community,well here you go,this is Blizzard,condemns it but creates the platform for it to exist which is pvp.I even laugh at people who THINK i want to know what they played in Wow...oh I..me ..me I was a Resto Druid,good for you IDC.I played FFXI i played EVERY class how about that and we HELPED each other instead of trying to one up each other.

It's a job dude, if you are big enough to scrape enough cash together from your community to pay your bills every month and plus some you are going to want to be good at your job.... entertaining people! The problem is you have no personality so therefore you wouldn't be a good streamer. I expect more jealousy than logic coming out of you anyway so there's that. I have no ill will against streamers they do what they do well and make a living, how the hell can you fault on that?
    Completely agree.

They are entertainment. No different than, say, a late night talk show or going to the aquarium or watching a marathon.

If people like their personalities they make a living. If people don't like their personalities they don't. 
    TacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I support this move, blizzard should just make an official no streaming server. 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    rensta said:
    I support this move, blizzard should just make an official no streaming server. 
    How exactly are they going to enforce this? It's like claiming that Blizzard should make a no twitter server.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Streamers bring players. Not wanting them in your launch would be a pretty terrible idea.

I got sold on many games I would have never known about just from streamers playing them.
    Hatefull

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Streamers = lonely people

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    This really isn't going to work. At least for the bigger streamers. In general a majority of the WoW streamers chose the same server to roll on, and have alt characters they play off that server. If you think blacklisting a streamer is going to work, it really isn't. Not allowing them to join certain groups won't do anything. If they have more than 100 viewers, they can just ask their own viewers if they want to run something if it becomes that big of a problem.

Plus this addon will likely be banned, as it's definitely not within the rules if it's highlighting a certain character for an entire faction.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Bloodaxes said:
    Streamers bring players. Not wanting them in your launch would be a pretty terrible idea.

I got sold on many games I would have never known about just from streamers playing them.
    I'm not necessarily sold on games, but I do get curious. For example, why exactly is "Remnant: From the Ashes" a popular streaming game right now?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited August 2019
    Xasapis said:
    I'm not necessarily sold on games, but I do get curious. For example, why exactly is "Remnant: From the Ashes" a popular streaming game right now?
    It's a co-op rpg with randomly generated levels (or only monsters) and loot with I believe rogue like elements. Me and my friends are so going to play it!
    Baalzharon

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited August 2019
    The feds need to hit streamers hard. I heard at our local state capitol there's talk about states pressuring federal government for them to be able to hit streamers with "for every $1 not reported on state and federal taxes x days (in the local jail) will be the penalty" and pushing for a back-date of 10 years.
    alkarionlogHashbrickjimmywolfBaalzharonHatefull
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited August 2019
    (After reading all the comments here.)

PLUS, they are streamers. They are the "highlights" of the next generations. Yuck. I mean that quite literally. They are the poster-childs of the next generations.

You see where I'm going with this? Lol.
    alkarionlogHashbrickBaalzharonHatefullPhry