Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Seventh Anniversary Gifts Coming Soon - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Seventh Anniversary Gifts Coming Soon - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 gifts are coming soon to celebrate its seventh anniversary.

Read the full story here


«1

Comments

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,262
    7th .. maybe Last
    ceh430PuReDusTBeezerbeezThupliskeaserDakeru
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,574
    meh
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,900
    The whip looks cool.

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    Well it's a lot more than what they offered in the past.

    Gonna bet they never planned to still need this game to make bank, and had planned to pump out a GW3 by now, kinda like how they rolled GW1, where they made the game, milked it for as much as they could, and then rolled out a new game to spin the whole process over again, building off brand recognition and reputation.

    To be honest.. I am sure myself and others who got fed up with their new direction with HOT, would give a GW3 a solid try.

    Anyway.. wishing them the best.. they have made their choice, hopefully it will work for them.. if not.. hopefully others will learn from their mistakes.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,574

    Amathe said:

    The whip looks cool.



    what whip?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,432
    edited August 2019
    Ooh, an armor pack. I hope it's actually mix-and-matchable armor and not a crappy outfit.

    Tiller said:

    Amathe said:

    The whip looks cool.



    what whip?
    It's not a whip. That's an Elonian Sword, but the image kind of makes it look like a whip due to the way the tip connects to the trail on the Anniversary finisher animation. Excellent photo, but a bit misleading at a glance.
    NycteliosRadoo
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,900

    Tiller said:



    Amathe said:


    The whip looks cool.






    what whip?



    Looked like a whip to me. Maybe a scimitar with something behind it?

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    adding in whips would be cool.. 
    NycteliosAmathe
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,574
    Amathe said:

    Tiller said:



    Amathe said:


    The whip looks cool.






    what whip?



    Looked like a whip to me. Maybe a scimitar with something behind it?
    It's the GW2 splash logo lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,432
    Ungood said:
    adding in whips would be cool.. 
    I agree. Though personally, I'd want fists more, so I can punch dragons and gods in the face.
    Nyctelios
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,574
    Aeander said:
    Ungood said:
    adding in whips would be cool.. 
    I agree. Though personally, I'd want fists more, so I can punch dragons and gods in the face.
    Never gonna happen, Dragon fisting would change the rating on the game.
    AeanderUngoodSaltyDog79Nyctelios
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 288
    7 years of milking this title...
    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!
    Awful management, even after it changed!
    AeanderNycteliosmmolou
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 528

    Radoo said:

    7 years of milking this title...

    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!

    Awful management, even after it changed!



    Have you played other game? it's way worse ie, my.com, gamigo, trion.
    UnbinoThupli
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,432
    Radoo said:
    7 years of milking this title...
    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!
    Awful management, even after it changed!
    This is a free birthday gift.

    Reading comprehension is hard.
    UnbinoBeezerbeez
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 90

    Ungood said:

    adding in whips would be cool.. 



    I developed a dagger elementalist build around air attunement because it looked like I had whips lol.
    Ungood
  • stego160stego160 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited August 2019
    Vanilla GW2 is still a joy to play! I wasn't so crazy about the expansions map designs or there poor choices when it comes to social media. I'm sure they could find there way again in what made GW2 a breath of fresh air.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,780

    Radoo said:

    7 years of milking this title...

    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!

    Awful management, even after it changed!



    Have you played other game? it's way worse ie, my.com, gamigo, trion.
    Aeander said:
    Radoo said:
    7 years of milking this title...
    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!
    Awful management, even after it changed!
    This is a free birthday gift.

    Reading comprehension is hard.
    Well, because there are worse things in the world it does not make your thing good. Just better than those things. That's not even an argument.

    And he is not talking about the game milking with those gifts, he is reffering to everything else... Like locking the plot behind a paywall... people defending you can get gems with gold... then going to get gems and noticing you can't get them by any amount anymore, just packs which the amount is not enough or too much. 

    So... yeah. Tell ME about it. I'm WvW Champion for Jade Quarry. 3 years.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • OhsyOhsy Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited August 2019
    Regardless of the recent changes, its still a very well developed game that fits my on and off again RL/gaming life style. I started GW2 at launch and still have no quarrels with the buy to play expansion content. Yes I may also throw in $20 for gems a couple times a year but the vast majority has been purchased via in game gold.

    I enjoy logging in and making my own content/agenda vs following a static and linear gear progression. Setting goals for legendaries and fashion wars is so fun and rewarding once you reach said goal. I love how the scaling mechanic doesn't limit where or who I play with. Solo world exploration/completion with all the different classes is my go to when I have limited time but also enjoy how easy/quick it is to jump into group dungeon/fractial, WPVP and big map events. When work/RL gets crazy and I have to take a break, I never feel left behind when I return. No other game have I encountered such a friendly and helpful community.
    ThupliUnbino
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,432
    Nyctelios said:

    Radoo said:

    7 years of milking this title...

    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!

    Awful management, even after it changed!



    Have you played other game? it's way worse ie, my.com, gamigo, trion.
    Aeander said:
    Radoo said:
    7 years of milking this title...
    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!
    Awful management, even after it changed!
    This is a free birthday gift.

    Reading comprehension is hard.
    Well, because there are worse things in the world it does not make your thing good. Just better than those things. That's not even an argument.

    And he is not talking about the game milking with those gifts, he is reffering to everything else... Like locking the plot behind a paywall... people defending you can get gems with gold... then going to get gems and noticing you can't get them by any amount anymore, just packs which the amount is not enough or too much. 

    So... yeah. Tell ME about it. I'm WvW Champion for Jade Quarry. 3 years.
    It is an argument when "those things" is the literal entirety of its genre, not just the worst offenders.

    Anyway, the game's financial history doesn't portray a studio milking its game. It portrays a studio attempting to keep their game afloat with dwindling results, culminating in publisher-initiated mass layoffs and likely eventual shutdown as said game does not produce the results generated by said publishers portfolio of actually milked, exploitative games.

    The comparison of this game to others is actually startling. WoW's anniversary celebration involves the sale of two crap anniversary mount skins. That is how WoW, the biggest and most successful game in this genre, celebrates 15 years of fan loyalty and active subscription revenue. Guild Wars 2, a currently struggling, non-subscription game, celebrates its anniversaries through free gifts. Which audience is being milked?
    ThupliUnbino
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 542
    Aeander said:
    Nyctelios said:

    Radoo said:

    7 years of milking this title...

    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!

    Awful management, even after it changed!



    Have you played other game? it's way worse ie, my.com, gamigo, trion.
    Aeander said:
    Radoo said:
    7 years of milking this title...
    Let's all celebrate by buying more Guild Wars 2 STUFFS!
    Awful management, even after it changed!
    This is a free birthday gift.

    Reading comprehension is hard.
    Well, because there are worse things in the world it does not make your thing good. Just better than those things. That's not even an argument.

    And he is not talking about the game milking with those gifts, he is reffering to everything else... Like locking the plot behind a paywall... people defending you can get gems with gold... then going to get gems and noticing you can't get them by any amount anymore, just packs which the amount is not enough or too much. 

    So... yeah. Tell ME about it. I'm WvW Champion for Jade Quarry. 3 years.
    It is an argument when "those things" is the literal entirety of its genre, not just the worst offenders.

    Anyway, the game's financial history doesn't portray a studio milking its game. It portrays a studio attempting to keep their game afloat with dwindling results, culminating in publisher-initiated mass layoffs and likely eventual shutdown as said game does not produce the results generated by said publishers portfolio of actually milked, exploitative games.

    The comparison of this game to others is actually startling. WoW's anniversary celebration involves the sale of two crap anniversary mount skins. That is how WoW, the biggest and most successful game in this genre, celebrates 15 years of fan loyalty and active subscription revenue. Guild Wars 2, a currently struggling, non-subscription game, celebrates its anniversaries through free gifts. Which audience is being milked?
    You forgot the part where NCSoft stepped in to remove their right to handle the game alone because Arena Net kept removing more and more support from GW2 in order to focus them on "other projects".

    You also forgot the part they're so desperate right now that they've completely thrown away any hope of a 3rd expansion in order to push another bad Living Story season.
  • gremjs03gremjs03 Member UncommonPosts: 15

    Ungood said:

    Well it's a lot more than what they offered in the past.



    Gonna bet they never planned to still need this game to make bank, and had planned to pump out a GW3 by now, kinda like how they rolled GW1, where they made the game, milked it for as much as they could, and then rolled out a new game to spin the whole process over again, building off brand recognition and reputation.



    To be honest.. I am sure myself and others who got fed up with their new direction with HOT, would give a GW3 a solid try.



    Anyway.. wishing them the best.. they have made their choice, hopefully it will work for them.. if not.. hopefully others will learn from their mistakes.



    To be fair the 2nd expansion wasn't so hardcore like HoT was. If your looking for a more casual experience that expansion would be more to your liking is my guess. Also the mounts are pretty much the best version of mounts in any MMO ever. It's not just moving fast like every MMO does, but reaching areas you couldn't reach normally. They took a very metroidvania approach to world building/exploration and its pretty awesome. Ironically HoT still gets played a lot even after the 2nd expansion since it has the better large group meta events. PoF is still great for collections and story.
    ThupliUnbino
  • nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 71
    7 years is this abomination, which was first shown to be gw1's successor, already. Sad thing this tera/eso esque clone gameplay cant hook me as there is no depth in the skill trees and the amount of sheer customization.
    mmolou
  • ShinyFlygonShinyFlygon Member UncommonPosts: 49
    It's so hard to believe it's only 7 years old. It seems so much older. I mean, seriously, look at it. It seems a lot older.

    Also, obligatory SCREW YOU, NCSOFT
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,432
    It's so hard to believe it's only 7 years old. It seems so much older. I mean, seriously, look at it. It seems a lot older.

    Also, obligatory SCREW YOU, NCSOFT
    I disagree. It may not be a graphical powerhouse, but that painterly art style has aged really well.

    My only real complaint is the excessive amount of animation clipping.
  • PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,138
    Aeander said:
    It's so hard to believe it's only 7 years old. It seems so much older. I mean, seriously, look at it. It seems a lot older.

    Also, obligatory SCREW YOU, NCSOFT
    I disagree. It may not be a graphical powerhouse, but that painterly art style has aged really well.

    My only real complaint is the excessive amount of animation clipping.
    I disagree, as well. In fact, I actually like the graphics in this game. 
Sign In or Register to comment.