Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mysterious Countdown Timer Started on Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com

2456

Comments

  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,604
    One day after WoW classic name reservations overloaded WoW this announcement comes. My spot in queue was 8k before they sorted it out.
    If they were waiting to see how that was gonna do then this could be a good sign for MMORPG's if WoW ends up getting 1-2 mil subscribers. It could mean there's a real chance at some older MMO'S getting official relaunches. I'm hoping WAR is one of them.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 667
    edited August 13
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.
    krgwynneceh430
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    edited August 14
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).

    You can blame Trion for agreeing to host the cash shop etc... but this was not Trions idea 

    HatefullViper482KidRiskTorval
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 667
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.
    Viper482
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,604

    DMKano said:


    Scorchien said:


    DMKano said:

    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.



    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol



    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right
    l




    Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again.

    l


    the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.



    So Bitter ..

      Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..


    You certainly uninformed. 

    Rift team is down to 2 devs.

    AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

    Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

    They finally rolled back to physical servers since they couldn't make it work.

    XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

    Yeah competent hands??? Lol

    Gamigo is far worse than Trion was. 





    Trion had every chance to make the right moves time and again with the extra staff they had but either they were incompetent or their hands were tied to prevent them from doing anything. Every single one of their games they let rot so how is it any different now? At least now it's obvious they just want your money for their existing products and not adding extra bullshit no one wants then come up with new ways to try to charge you for it.

    "Gamigo is far worse than Trion was" - what do you consider "far worse", having everything at your fingertips and losing it because of your own stupidity or buying something for pennies on the dollar and try to turn a profit. Trion wasn't doing anything but be greedy af when they were on top, completely disconnected from their playerbase in their ivory tower and paid the price. I get that when Gamigo makes back the money they spent + a little profit they may shut every game down but the way I see it is these games are on borrowed time anyway and fault only Trion for that cause they are the ones who screwed up.
    Viper482
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    krgwynneHatefullViper482Torval
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 193

    All of Gamigo's games are like direct to DVD sequels of C class movies when they purchased Trion they acquired a few titles that were "worth it" but TBH they were destroyed by microtransaction and one title which they can never use because they are to scared to bring it out of the closet (marvel heroes omega MHO).

    Seriously go look at the gamigo site its full of junk tier money grabbers that arn't even worthy of being on a mobile platform (its funny i say this i hate mobile games too).

    If i were them i would try to get the license for MHO im not saying this because i'm a fan of the game im saying it because going forward marvel properties are hot stuff (looking towards phase 4 of MCU) and also there's nothing like it on the market.... even as a niche product they would do well and i certainly would play and buy stuff again!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,375
    edited August 14
    Countdown to when the point of no return is for Global Cooling, err warming, err Climate Changing stuff, co sponsored by AOC.  I wish that still meant Age of Conan
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    BruceYee said:

    DMKano said:


    Scorchien said:


    DMKano said:

    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.



    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me... but that's what this should be - unless of course they fucked it up and still left the cash shop in lol



    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right
    l




    Once the XL contract with Gamigo expires and XL finds a new hosting company maybe I will play again.

    l


    the plan was to keep the current servers as is but will add a new p2p no cash shop server without P2W mechanics.



    So Bitter ..

      Good to see AA and Rift in competent hands now ..


    You certainly uninformed. 

    Rift team is down to 2 devs.

    AA is only in Gamigos hands until the contract runs out - Gamigo has attempted to move AA to cloud a handful of times and failed spectacularly every single time. 

    Go ask the EU players how many times AA went offline and was unplayable since Gamigo took over?

    They finally rolled back to physical servers since they couldn't make it work.

    XL was furious over the whole debacle and will be ditching Gamigo after the contract expires 

    Yeah competent hands??? Lol

    Gamigo is far worse than Trion was. 





    Trion had every chance to make the right moves time and again with the extra staff they had but either they were incompetent or their hands were tied to prevent them from doing anything. Every single one of their games they let rot so how is it any different now? At least now it's obvious they just want your money for their existing products and not adding extra bullshit no one wants then come up with new ways to try to charge you for it.

    "Gamigo is far worse than Trion was" - what do you consider "far worse", having everything at your fingertips and losing it because of your own stupidity or buying something for pennies on the dollar and try to turn a profit. Trion wasn't doing anything but be greedy af when they were on top, completely disconnected from their playerbase in their ivory tower and paid the price. I get that when Gamigo makes back the money they spent + a little profit they may shut every game down but the way I see it is these games are on borrowed time anyway and fault only Trion for that cause they are the ones who screwed up.

    Worse hosting infrastructure, less than 10% staff than Trion had (all competent staff is long gone), zero interest to keep developing games and add content.

    Rift, trove, defiance are all doomed, as no staff is left to create new meaningful content.

    AA has life because XL has a full staff of devs working on it.

    Gamigo has zero senior developers in house, no experienced artists no animators, outsourced vfx, outsourced sound work- they are literally incapable of making real game content (as in new assets not recycled stuff from previous devs) as they have no staff that can do it.

    That's what I mean by far worse.

    Gamigo survives by making a quick profit off a cheap buy and then they run it as cheap as possible with ridiculously small staff to keep the cost down.

    Ita a chop shop operation.
    Spriggen1337Viper482
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 667
    edited August 14
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

    Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

    I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it, not so after AA.

    Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.
    Viper482
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    edited August 14
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

    Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

    I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it.

    Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.

    You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

    It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

    They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

    AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainty 
    KidRisk
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 667
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

    Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

    I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it.

    Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.

    You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

    It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

    They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

    AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainly 
    This is not how you make business though.
    Just because your company is going trough a bad patch, that doesn't mean you have to sign shit contracts out of desperation.

    XL Games were as eager as Trion to sell AA to the West.
    Archeage was totally unknown to the West and the only reason it got so much attention was because it was going to be published by Trion, which was well respected by gamers.

    Trion didn’t use that to their advantage when signing that contract.
    Whoever brokered that deal was clueless, that I am sure of.

    Gamigo didn’t do the same mistake, and they have far less leverage than Trion did, as they have a bad reputation already.
    So how could Trion could have signed such a bad contract, is anyone guess.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,604
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

    Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

    I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it.

    Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.

    You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

    It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

    They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

    AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainty 
    And who's fault was that hiring 350 people? Gamigo? Did Gamigo force Trion many years before they bought them at a yard sale to make one horrible decision after another?

    Everything you wrote about Gamigo in the other post was obvious to anyone from the Otherland days and even before. Yes, they are the repo men trying to make money from the junk they bought. The junk only became junk because of Trion. Gamigo did pass off Otherland development to other devs though so that possibility however small is there for the games they own.

    @spriggen If you are suggesting Gamigo do something it may not be the best idea to brutally insult them right before you do so.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    BruceYee said:

    And who's fault was that hiring 350 people? Gamigo? Did Gamigo force Trion many years before they bought them at a yard sale to make one horrible decision after another?




    Not sure where you are getting that I am blaming Gamigo for Trion's own failures to manage budget?

    I am not suggesting that in any way shape or form.

    What I am saying is that Trion's good reputation (before ArcheAge) was not good enough to save the company because they were bleeding money like idiots. 

    What I am also saying - and this you can take to the bank - is that ArcheAge is the only reason Trion survived as long as they did - without Archeage - the company would have died in 2015
    blueturtle13
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Countdown to Extinction! AA is closing!
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    edited August 14
    TEKK3N said:



    Gamigo didn’t do the same mistake, and they have far less leverage than Trion did, as they have a bad reputation already.
    So how could Trion could have signed such a bad contract, is anyone guess.

    Desperation to make money. Also this was their first ever deal with a 3rd party publisher - so they were clueless.

    Combine the two factors above and there's your answer.

    Also Trion and XL plan was to do 100% pure subscription AA.

    Lets see if Gamigo will do the same or if they will bow down to XL's desire to sneak in the cash shop and F it up.

    So lets see what Gamigo and XL deliver here first - might be a shit show or much worse than what Trion was planning.
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 108
    cant see them closing archage iv been playing that again last couple of week while i wait for classic to come out and is quite alot of people playing on the 2 servers. still isnot worth a long stay though as while you can gear up without paying anything will take half a year atleast just to get to a mediocre gear score plus even if you do get a high gear score whats the point end game has nothing but pvp which gets repetitive fast. mainly playing it as a farm/ trade sim lol so yes i did have to get patron for it to be fun.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    angaels said:
    Countdown to Extinction! AA is closing!

    lol no
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Nah I doubt it too.. Just one of my songs from Megadeth..  had to throw it out there.. But all seriousness..  If it is a subscription it's not a big difference if there is a cash shop..  It does not fix the internal problems AA already has..  If it's also a brand new server, that will only make things worse since the population is already razor thin as it is..  There is nothing new, why would anyone start over on a game this old? I'm interested to see how that Trion court settlement panned out, apparently we will be seeing something in the near future..
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 2,642
    edited August 14
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    TEKK3N said:
    DMKano said:
    This is the subscription based relaunch of AA without the P2W cash shop that was in the plan for over a year before Gamigo came into the picture.

    I still wont play it because Gamigo will never get a cent from me.

    Wouldn't be surprised as Gamgio cant do anything right.
    The reason why Archeage isn’t more popular is because the idiotic cash shop Trion implemented.

    Worst fucking cash shop by a country mile, ever.
    Archeage is one of the most original MMOs ever released, blending Themepark and Sandbox element almost perfectly.
    It’s a shame Trion was clueless on how to handle it.

    BDO copied the formula, but they had the intelligence of making their cash shop almost entirely cosmetic, bar few items.

    Trion never got the message, and run the game and the entire company to the ground, because of their ineptitude.

    The cash shop was championed by XL, coded by XL - trion is getting blamed as if they coded that (they didn't as only XL has the rights to the code).


    And the contract was signed by Trion, who never thought about the consequences of having to implement such an awful cash shop.

    In one word: Incompetence.

    I knew that Archeage and its cash shop would destroy Trion reputation, It was obvious to anyone who actually cared about the game and the Company, except for Josh Hartman.

    I agree 100%.

    The mistake that Trion made is to agree to XL terms and host the game with the cash shop.

    But without it - the company would have failed faster.

    AA cash shop floated Trion for years
    Lol no, absolutely not.

    Before Archeage, Trion had the best reputation in the industry and the best Cash Shop (Rift).
    All they had to do was to look after their interests and force XLgames to let them implement their own shop, or tell them to fuck off.

    I stopped playing any Trion game because of AA Cash Shop, I suspect many did the same.
    Whatever they published I would play it.

    Trion didn’t need AA, but XL Games needed Trion.
    Who the hell signed the deal that allowed XL Games to run the show?
    Trion deserved all they got.

    You have no clue about how poor Rift was doing financially as pure subscription. 

    It was not sustainable as Trion had 350 developers at that time - sure Trion had awesome reputation at that time - but was spending more money than they were making.

    They lost their ass on Defiance, it almost killed the company and they had massive 60% layoffs and shut San Diego studio.

    AA cash shop 100% floated Trion - the company would have gone out of business if it weren't for ArcheAge- this I can tell you with 100% certainty 
    should have gone under then, would stop make me lose time and money

    they also should let go a hell a lot of people 350, I can hardly see how managing this much go
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,451
    There's a quote right on MassivelyOP that states they will be using a hybridized system. There will be no P2P server folks. It's still going to have a cash shop. Of course, they could have a cosmetic only cash shop, but I highly doubt it since they've been so vague and cryptic about it.

  • retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Whose the f'n genius who decided to release this so close to WoW Classic? I mean I know as humans we don't use a large % of our brains but my god whoever made this decision is on another level
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,874
    edited August 14
    Rhoklaw said:
    There's a quote right on MassivelyOP that states they will be using a hybridized system. There will be no P2P server folks. It's still going to have a cash shop. Of course, they could have a cosmetic only cash shop, but I highly doubt it since they've been so vague and cryptic about it.

    Even if it is only cosmetic - the fact that it's there means that they can slowly turn it into "more than just cosmetic" - so it's a slippery slope.

    IMO - if there is any kind of a shop - it's bad.

    BDO started with pretty much cosmetic only shop - look at it now - tons of P2W stuff in there now.
    Rhoklaw
  • DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 54
    edited August 14
    3vilution said:
    The end of Trion finally has a countdown.
    That started when Rift went f2p, Trion died when Gamingo took over. This is just some after death gas leaking out.
    DMKano
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 649
    edited August 14

    If they re-launch with sub only servers I’d absolutely sub and give it another go as It was the p2w that killed it for me and my friends after launch. Those guaranteed thunderstruck trees from the store were the final nail in the coffin for me personally.

Sign In or Register to comment.