Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@Fans of Open World FFA PvP MMOs, whats some things you dont like?

2»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Now that I think about it.. PvP MMO's are really just.. very crappy convoluted Battle Royal Games, that dump a ton of worthless PvE grind, and don't have the decency to set a timer for the matches, so the games becomes stale. 

I mean when you boil it down, if you remove all the shitty suck ass parts of a PvP MMO, you end up with a Battle Royal/Arena Game. (which does explain their massive success BTW)

Crowfall talked about this when they were discussing how, to make a good PvP game, and how you need to set some kind of win mechanic to the game, otherwise it becomes stagnant and boring even for the people who are "winning" the game. 

Not to mention, making sure that other players can catch up in a reasonable amount of time, or at least have a solid chance against veteran character builds (player skill is a whole other matter) is imperative and important.

So in reality.. a Battle Royal game is a refined and made right, PvP MMO.

I am sure some will disagree with me, and that is OK.. they can be wrong.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Poor regulation thereof. It breaks immersion, for me, when the fantasy world turns into gankfest.
    All Open World PvP MMO's are gankfests, the only real way to stop that is to embrace the PvP aspect of the game full on, so that there is no such thing as getting "Ganked" to start with.

The only reason why anyone even thinks they are getting "ganked" to start with is because they got killed by another player when they were focusing on doing PvE bullshit, and because these games put in a ton of PvE Bullshit that distracts from the core PvP nature of the game, they set this problem up from the start. Remove the PvE Bullshit, and you remove ganking and all the other social problems that "PvP MMO's" have.
    Steelhelm
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.