Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic Name Reservations Open Today

2»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    wesjr said:
    I got 3 names on 2 different accounts with no issues
    Well, if they are anything like your forum name here its not all that surprising, right?

Tell me you got Murderhobo and I'll be impressed.
    wesjr

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited August 2019

Rhoklaw said:

Margrave said:

This sucks.

You would think they would be able to get this working on a 17 year old game!

If I can't get my names, I'm canceling my sub. Classic was the only reason I was sticking around.

This is embarrassing of Blizzard. This is a joke!

Look at it this way. Looks like WoW Classic is more popular than people expected.

For a month or two. Then the rose tinted glasses have fallen off and Classic will be dead, like every other Classic server out there.

People are always drawn to the lure of Nostalgia and jump on the hype bandwagon.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    There are going to be some very disappointed players out there if they don't realise they have to do this. Good luck getting the names you want!
    Scot said:
    There are going to be some very disappointed players out there if they don't realise they have to do this. Good luck getting the names you want!
    Only the L337 kids will be disappointed, because they cannot reserve names like Legolas139858654 or any other super original name out there.

I never ever had any issues reserving a name I wanted in any MMO.
    JeroKane said:
    Scot said:
    Only the L337 kids will be disappointed, because they cannot reserve names like Legolas139858654 or any other super original name out there.

Go and tell that to role-players mate. :D
    JeroKane said:

Rhoklaw said:

Margrave said:

This sucks.

If I can't get my names, I'm canceling my sub. Classic was the only reason I was sticking around.

Look at it this way. Looks like WoW Classic is more popular than people expected.

For a month or two. Then the rose tinted glasses have fallen off and Classic will be dead, like every other Classic server out there.

People are always drawn to the lure of Nostalgia and jump on the hype bandwagon.
    In 2004 players were far more likely to pick one game and stick with it long term, today most are hoppers, playing multiple titles in short spurts here and there.

Within  few months many will fall back into their pattern and sub numbers will decline substantially. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2019
    Scot said:
    JeroKane said:
    Scot said:

Go and tell that to role-players mate. :D
    I have a friend I game with who is as "Joe Six Pack" as they come, (not referencing his abs btw)  :) and he didn't believe me when I told him last night not being able to reserve a favorite name angered some folks to the point they would rage and consider not playing.

It is a bit silly when you put it in perspective of the scheme of things, first world problem for sure. (but then again,  most gaming related issues usually are)

TybostScot

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    edited August 2019
    Runescape's classic version (Oldschool) boosted the total population by alot; and Classic WoW will probably experience it too in a much bigger way. I'm probably going to hop back in after so many years.

FOR THE HORDE.
    Post edited by Tybost on
    [Deleted User]
    Tybost said:
    Runescape's classic version (Oldschool) boosted the total population by alot; and Classic WoW will probably experience it too in a much bigger way. I'm probably going to hop back in after so many years.

FOR THE HORDE.
    You can't compare that, since its a Free game and doesn't require a subscription. Not to mention that Runescape classic launched on mobile as well.
    Kyleran
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    edited August 2019
    JeroKane said:
    Tybost said:

FOR THE HORDE.
    You can't compare that, since its a Free game and doesn't require a subscription. Not to mention that Runescape classic launched on mobile as well.
    I'm talking about the launch of OldSchool RS which is really the only game you can compare Classic too (cant think of any other games thats been around 10+ years that launched a classic version of its game). You actually did require a paid subscription to play Oldschool; during the initial launch which brought back many old players to the game. Myself included. WoW will probably see a large boost in returning players. :)

Post edited by Tybost on
    Scot
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Legolas... crap
    L3golas... damn
    L3gol45... Oh lord
    12g0145... Got it... oh wait...
    JeroKaneSovrath[Deleted User]KyleranScot

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Kyleran said:
    wesjr said:
    I got 3 names on 2 different accounts with no issues
    Well, if they are anything like your forum name here its not all that surprising, right?

Tell me you got Murderhobo and I'll be impressed.
    My forum name is my RL initials

As for wow names I got Kara, Jekyll, Vorsha, Pure, Lana and Justanalt. 
    Kyleranjimmywolf
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Viper482 said:
    Torval said:
    Viper482 said:
    Got Legolas. I win.
    Sweet! I got Sepiroth, Sephir0th, and x_Sephiroth_x. We could form a guild call Lonely Hearts Club Band. We just need @SBFord to lead us with a dorf an undead called Billy Shearz. :lol: (forgot Suzie is a hordie)

lol. I was joking....I would never name my toon Legolas :P Playing on RP-PVP so probably not cool anyway haaha.
    I always liked variations on Legolas better with Legomyeggo being my favorite :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Best to go with names using foreign characters like accents, umlauts or such, then no one can easily report you. (Or easily spam you)

Another good one is 1l1l1l1l1ll1ll111ll, in most games all looks like the same character.

;)

• jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    like few of your names good picks

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    My name is gona be Neoarmstrongcyclonejetarmstrongcanon !!!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    JeroKane said:

Rhoklaw said:

Margrave said:

This sucks.

That remains to be seen doesn't it? Pretty simple to prove too. We just wait.

As far as the whole "rose colored glasses" statement, the correct way to look at it is "some people look through rose colored glasses ..."

Because "some people" have great difficulty imagining anything other than what they can see through their own lens.

So sure there will be people who will play for a month or two and their are people who are really going to get into it. But maybe they are a smaller group?

I suspect there will be a contingent of players who want it to be like a progression server (is this the correct term?) where they play and then the servers get updated and keep getting updates until they are in the current iteration.

Perhaps they will wake up before they are disappointed. Or maybe that's what Blizzard plans? Don't know.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    JeroKane said:

Rhoklaw said:

Margrave said:

This sucks.

Are you referring to classic servers for WoW like private servers? Or classic servers for MMO's in general. Because both of those would be pretty wrong. Classic WoW private servers always had a ton of players, even months after launch, the main problem was keeping them running as Blizzard would get them shut down. Or on the other side, the ones that did lose playerbase usually had major problems with balancing or GM corruption.

Classic servers for older MMO's are where all the players tend to be, look at EQ. The main servers in EQ aren't doing great other than Firiona Vie, which maintains a high population most of the time, but the only other high population servers are Mangler and Selo which are both classic progression servers.

Runescape has an oldschool server that maintains almost 3 times the population of their main server and has been running for years. 

Rose tinted glasses or not, classic wow is going to be pretty damn populated I bet for a lot longer than a couple months. 
    [Deleted User]
    Kyleran said:
    Best to go with names using foreign characters like accents, umlauts or such, then no one can easily report you. (Or easily spam you)

Another good one is 1l1l1l1l1ll1ll111ll, in most games all looks like the same character.

;)

Thanks for those tips Macavity. :)