Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Walmart no longer selling video games (Discussion)

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,067
    edited August 10
    Renoaku said:
    I mean, obviously guns don't make crazy people murder. But also obviously guns allow people to to more easily kill people.
    And before guns wasn't it once "Swords" "Bows & Arrows", even stones?
    Yup. And guns make it easier than all of those combined. Which is why firearms are so special.
    Well Nariko did slay a lot of people with a sword i'd assume that a person wielding a sword could do the same thing irl, also seems like I saw the same happen at some school in japan or something with a sword been years ago though.

Guns are also great for home defense have had 3+ burglary attempts, with the security system, audio, and being able to grab a gun in just a few seconds, plus know where everyone is through night vision, thieves think otherwise, or go running.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 6,896
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:
    I mean, obviously guns don't make crazy people murder. But also obviously guns allow people to to more easily kill people.
    And before guns wasn't it once "Swords" "Bows & Arrows", even stones?
    Yup. And guns make it easier than all of those combined. Which is why firearms are so special.
    Well Nariko did slay a lot of people with a sword i'd assume that a person wielding a sword could do the same thing irl, also seems like I saw the same happen at some school in japan or something with a sword been years ago though.

Guns are also great for home defense have had 3+ burglary attempts, with the security system, audio, and being able to grab a gun in just a few seconds, plus know where everyone is through night vision, thieves think otherwise, or go running.
    I mean, awesome?! Have you actually ever looked at the statistics or are you basing your opinion on your personal experience?
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,211
    edited August 10
    Yeah lets blame violent games again for mass shootings.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,830
    Sandmanjw said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:
    Jesus Christ, WTF is wrong with you people? That first shooting happened in a fucking Walmart and as the memo clearly indicates for anyone with a grade 1 reading comprehension, they are trying to show some sensitivity and respect by cutting out any game or movie or even sporting goods hunting video display depicting violence or shooting.

I swear to god this place is becoming one of the dumbest fucking places on the whole internet.
    Except that the response makes no frigging sense if you keep selling the stuff actually making the murders possible (its the guns you know), it makes their motives seem dishonest and nothing to do with sensitivity or respect, just a knee jerk reaction.

Weird and angry comment btw, inappropriate.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Ignorant people...guns do not make crazy people do crazy stuff. Guns do not roam the world murdering.

That is people. Same ones that use planes,bombs,trucks...and any and every other thing that they have to do crazy stuff.

All this talk about taking away peoples access to guns does absolutely nothing and never will.

Just more ignorant people thinking that taking my gun will stop any crazy or power mad people from doing crazy things or killing with or without a gun.

All so amazing how ignorant people are. There are mass shootings in many countries that it is almost impossible to own a gun in. Has that stopped any of them? Here is a hint...NO.

Do any of you saying to stop selling LEGAL guns have any clue what it would take to really make that happen? The answer is obviously not. You are just repeating the same old dead talking points you hear. 

If anyone actually thinks you could ever get 2/3 rds of america to ratify a change to the Constitution  to make something like that happen...more nuts around than i thought there were.

Never gonna happen and no other way to stop the selling of guns. I am sure that Walmart and other gun sellers can live quite comfortably with having 2/3 rds of America as customers that are ok with them selling LEGAL  guns to people.

People need to stop being ignorant and spouting nonsense. All this crap over a company trying to be a little sensitive and see what they get? Even more fruit cakes come out making demands that they take the blame for crazy and or otherwise disturbed people. 

I am so sure that if this had been a semi truck driven through the store that we would also have these people demanding that they stop making semi's right...right???

There is a difference. Guns are made with one purpose only and that is to hurt or to kill, the rest of the items you mentioned aren’t. If every man and his dog could easily buy and walk around with a flamethrower, would there be more fire related incidents? Of course there would.

The  USA and its obsession with the right to bear arms isn’t some worldwide accepted, normal thing. Many countries shake their heads in confusion and disbelief (as do many Americans). Taking away guns won’t stop murder sprees from happening, it will drastically lower the number though. What you need a gun for anyways, to stop the other guy with a gun? You don’t need to protect yourself with that if the other party also doesn’t have guns now do you?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    cheebaAeanderSandmanjwkenguru23
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 865
    lahnmir said:

The  USA and its obsession with the right to bear arms ...

Yeah man, I got my bear arms last week .. 
    SirAgravaineRenoaku
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited August 10
    Aeander said:
    I was already recently shifting my shopping away from my local walmart for locking so many of its regular products behind anti-theft glass (inconveniencing EVERYONE just to cut down on theft).

This just gives me a legitimate political/personal reason to boycott the company outright. 
    That's rich coming from you. The whole reason the games got pulled is because of politicians on the right screaming video games are causing the mass shootings not the actual guns themselves. You are the same person who is always crying government needs to step in and ban/regulate loot boxes , well you can't have it both ways pal. Either Big Brother keeps their beak out of the industry or they regulate the fuck out of it.

Aeanderkenguru23
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 47
    mebbe along side this they will expand the condolences greeting card section and give the bible more shelf space...
  • alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Wally World-<sighs>

Terrible store.Management treats the work force horribly. But, hey come on down and buy guns, guns, guns!

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 916
    Aeander said:
    Vutar said:
    Aeander said:
    I was already recently shifting my shopping away from my loyal walmart for locking so many of its regular products behind anti-theft glass (inconveniencing EVERYONE just to cut down on theft).

This just gives me a legitimate political/personal reason to boycott the company outright. 

I'm guessing your liberal boycott will work just as well as the Chick-Fil-A boycott did years back...
    You mean as well as your conservative boycott of Nike or Starbucks last year?

How does it feel to have such thin skin as to be offended by a coffee cup, I wonder?

Remember that time I said I was boycotting something? Oh, right, I didn't.

Well remember that time I said I was offended by Walmart? Oh, right, that was you...

Well remember that time that someone accused me of being thin skinned, when they were the ones boycotting something? Oh right, it was you again...

Aeander
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,818
    Not selling video games, but still selling guns and ammunition.

Need to say more ?
    JeffSpicoliPhaserlightkenguru23Axxar

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,753
    edited August 10
    btdt said:
    They got the story all wrong...

Walmart is removing video game signs and displays that depict violence in stores... they AREN'T halting sales.

This is why fake news is a thing... 
    It is a move which says "We think there is a relationship between violence and video games" how far they went is a separate issue. Next time there is a huge news kerfuffle, or the time after that they will remove the games, its now their direction of travel.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 512
    The same people getting upset about a video game poster being put away are the same people who think someone born in 2019 is entitled to reparations for something that happened to their particular race over 200 years ago.

This world is daft.  

People shoot people for any reason whatsoever.  "We" like to put a label on it because it's okay to kill someone for being the wrong color, but it's not okay to kill someone because they just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

Whether you kill someone because they are Mexican, wear a MAGA cap, don't prescribe to your religious ideals, happen to cut you off on the highway, or just dared to be within shooting range of you... doesn't change the fact that you killed someone.  Have the balls to accept the reality that you and you alone chose to do it.  Don't sit there and post a manifesto saying that you subscribe to the ideals of some particular group which gives you the license to kill.  You are not a movement.  You are a small person who wants to be seen as something bigger, and the only way you know how to get attention is to make yourself appear bigger than you are.

And what do "we" do in response, we sensationalize it even more so that the next small person out there sees it as their way to the limelight for their point two seconds of fame.

It's suicide with a twist... only instead of leaving this world all by yourself, you take as many people as you can with you.  

There's nothing to discuss here.  Looney Tunes didn't turn you into a killer... you did... but it's never your doing, your choice, it's always something or someone else.  Blame game.

Sandmanjw
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,688
    edited August 10
    Aeander said:
    I was already recently shifting my shopping away from my local walmart for locking so many of its regular products behind anti-theft glass (inconveniencing EVERYONE just to cut down on theft).

That's rich coming from you. The whole reason the games got pulled is because of politicians on the right screaming video games are causing the mass shootings not the actual guns themselves. You are the same person who is always crying government needs to step in and ban/regulate loot boxes , well you can't have it both ways pal. Either Big Brother keeps their beak out of the industry or they regulate the fuck out of it.

Yes, indeed. Let's treat all issues as equal and leave nuance at the door.

Because I support the regulation of one thing, I must obviously support the regulation of this completely separate thing! 

Are you that fucking simple?
    JeffSpicolikenguru23
  • DarkestOverlordDarkestOverlord Member UncommonPosts: 545
    They deeerka derps !

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,688
    They should stop selling hats and vests too because the shooter wore those and used them. And they should close all Walmarts because he used those stores.
    Did the hats or the vests kill anyone? Do they fire high velocity projectiles designed to kill or injure at a rapid rate?

If so, we may need to re-evaluate our policy on hats and vests.
  • HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,354
    btdt said:
    They got the story all wrong...

Walmart is removing video game signs and displays that depict violence in stores... they AREN'T halting sales.

This is why fake news is a thing... 
    People just don't read is the problem. And want to get clicks.
    edited August 10
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

Yes, indeed. Let's treat all issues as equal and leave nuance at the door.

Because I support the regulation of one thing, I must obviously support the regulation of this completely separate thing! 

Are you that fucking simple?
    It doesn't work that way pal , you are not the one making the rules the politicians are. When you empower and support them to REGULATE something they won't stop at just one thing. Its like these lets "limit free speech people and censor people" which I'm sure you are too. It's great to censor and limit someones right to speak their mind when they don't agree with you but what about when they come for your voice, your opinion, yeah then its not such a great cause.

I'm getting off topic, Point is you scream at the top of your lungs for some sleaze ball politician to start regulating gaming/lootboxes and advocate for them to big poke their beaks around the hobby we love they won't stop at "gambling" ARE YOU SIMPLE ?! Are you really that naive to not not understand politicians love to exploit and hustle a cause. You just don't get it

You are a lefty empowring a right wing crusade(attacking the gaming industry) , HILARIOUS. and calls me a simpleton
    Post edited by JeffSpicoli on
    Aeanderkenguru23
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 207
    lahnmir said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:
    Jesus Christ, WTF is wrong with you people? That first shooting happened in a fucking Walmart and as the memo clearly indicates for anyone with a grade 1 reading comprehension, they are trying to show some sensitivity and respect by cutting out any game or movie or even sporting goods hunting video display depicting violence or shooting.

I swear to god this place is becoming one of the dumbest fucking places on the whole internet.
    Except that the response makes no frigging sense if you keep selling the stuff actually making the murders possible (its the guns you know), it makes their motives seem dishonest and nothing to do with sensitivity or respect, just a knee jerk reaction.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Ignorant people...guns do not make crazy people do crazy stuff. Guns do not roam the world murdering.

That is people. Same ones that use planes,bombs,trucks...and any and every other thing that they have to do crazy stuff.

All this talk about taking away peoples access to guns does absolutely nothing and never will.

Just more ignorant people thinking that taking my gun will stop any crazy or power mad people from doing crazy things or killing with or without a gun.

All so amazing how ignorant people are. There are mass shootings in many countries that it is almost impossible to own a gun in. Has that stopped any of them? Here is a hint...NO.

Do any of you saying to stop selling LEGAL guns have any clue what it would take to really make that happen? The answer is obviously not. You are just repeating the same old dead talking points you hear. 

If anyone actually thinks you could ever get 2/3 rds of america to ratify a change to the Constitution  to make something like that happen...more nuts around than i thought there were.

Never gonna happen and no other way to stop the selling of guns. I am sure that Walmart and other gun sellers can live quite comfortably with having 2/3 rds of America as customers that are ok with them selling LEGAL  guns to people.

People need to stop being ignorant and spouting nonsense. All this crap over a company trying to be a little sensitive and see what they get? Even more fruit cakes come out making demands that they take the blame for crazy and or otherwise disturbed people. 

I am so sure that if this had been a semi truck driven through the store that we would also have these people demanding that they stop making semi's right...right???

There is a difference. Guns are made with one purpose only and that is to hurt or to kill, the rest of the items you mentioned aren’t. If every man and his dog could easily buy and walk around with a flamethrower, would there be more fire related incidents? Of course there would.

The  USA and its obsession with the right to bear arms isn’t some worldwide accepted, normal thing. Many countries shake their heads in confusion and disbelief (as do many Americans). Taking away guns won’t stop murder sprees from happening, it will drastically lower the number though. What you need a gun for anyways, to stop the other guy with a gun? You don’t need to protect yourself with that if the other party also doesn’t have guns now do you?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What do we need guns for? To protect us from idiots that think getting rid of our guns will fix things. 

We are here talking about crazy people killing everyone that they can safely and easily do. And some think making it even easier to do this, everywhere, even in our homes is the "right thing to do".

But that is not even the real and most important reason the right to bear arms in in the constitution...which again everyone ignores.

The reason it is in the Constitution, and will never be removed, is simple...you can never ever trust the government, or people, with unlimited power. 

Give a government or group the ability to have all the weapons, and all the power, and you are guaranteed to end up having them use them on you.

JeffSpicoliAxxar
    Sandmanjw said:
    lahnmir said:
    Sandmanjw said:
    lahnmir said:
    Iselin said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What do we need guns for? To protect us from idiots that think getting rid of our guns will fix things. 

We are here talking about crazy people killing everyone that they can safely and easily do. And some think making it even easier to do this, everywhere, even in our homes is the "right thing to do".

But that is not even the real and most important reason the right to bear arms in in the constitution...which again everyone ignores.

The reason it is in the Constitution, and will never be removed, is simple...you can never ever trust the government, or people, with unlimited power. 

Give a government or group the ability to have all the weapons, and all the power, and you are guaranteed to end up having them use them on you.

The problem is sooooo much deeper than just removing guns but everyone is looking for this quick fix to a horrible situation, Its so much more complex then just taking away the firearms.

With that said i do think there should be a hell of alot more difficulty obtaining a firearm then what is currently the status quo.

I hate the fact iv gotten sucked into this conversation... Pooma post a article about cooking simulator or House flipper my 2 new passions in gaming so i can forget i entered this eternal circle jerk . Jeez now i sound crazy  :D
    SandmanjwAxxar
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,906
    Walmart is pretty far down the list when I think of places to buy video games.
    JeffSpicoliblamo2000ScorchienAeanderkenguru23

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 4 tracks in Distance

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,662
    Iselin said:

Agreed. The Walmart CEO should have posed "smiling thumbs-up" with an orphan. Cheetoheads eat that stuff right up.

If you think the hodor outrage is bad over "vidya games", just imagine the orange outrage if Walmart actually stopped selling guns.
    IselinPhaserlightSandmanjwAxxar
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • SFoxx21SFoxx21 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited August 10
    Hey I AM WAL-MART AND I AM BANNING VIDEOS GAMES THAT MIGHT CAUSE VIOLENCE.
    Hey I am common sense, why don't we ban guns in our store whose sole purpose is to cause violence...
    Post edited by SFoxx21 on
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Walmart does this with games but keeps selling the firearms lol no logic whatsoever.
    Axxar
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,984
    There are still people who buy software in physical stores rather than online?  Huh.  Who knew?

When I saw the thread title, I assumed it was because no one was buying them.
    PhaserlightGinazAlBQuirky
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,662
    Quizzical said:
    There are still people who buy software in physical stores rather than online?  Huh.  Who knew?

When I saw the thread title, I assumed it was because no one was buying them.
    They still sell game cards. Walmart executives probably see this as a great opportunity to clear the shelves of wasted space. Physical game copies are going the way of Blockbuster.
    gunklacker
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
This discussion has been closed.