Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New upcoming sci-fi horror survival game

horror_manhorror_man Member CommonPosts: 5
edited August 9 in General Gaming
Hello! I'm the creator, writer, music composer and game designer of Devil's Punishment, an upcoming sci-fi horror survival game based in a scene of a book I'm currently writing. In this game you take the role of one of the prisoners that are sent to fix a malcfunction in an underground communications facility in the year 3036. 

Here's our latest development footage for the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyUoD8-pJY

Want to know more about the game we're developing? Then head to our gamejolt page here: https://gamejolt.com/games/devilspunishment/391190
Post edited by horror_man on
Amathe

Comments

  • horror_manhorror_man Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited August 9
    Any commentaries or feedback are greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by horror_man on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,283
    edited August 9
    Remember...you asked.  :D

    When promoting your game,  be sure to come across as professional as possible.

    Misspellings are very bad form, such as what should be malfunction in the OP.

    This carrys over to the Gamejolt page where I'm pretty sure "novel award" should read "Nobel award."

    Consider finding someone with a solid understanding on how to write correctly.  

    The kindest thing I can say about the webpage is its better than Google Translate,  but not by very much.


    Sovrath

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,283
    edited August 9
    Second verse, harsher than the first.

    Regarding the Pre-Alpha in game footage, take that crap down ASAP and never share it again.

    I've seen some pretty good demos done by total novices using Unity or some other package engine, and they are all far and away better than yours.

    What ever did you code that in, a mod to Arma or something?

    So far your efforts remind me of good examples on how to detect phishing emails my employer's security team is always sharing.

    Back to the drawing board for now, get some better copy, a much better demo and whatever you do, don't launch a crowdfunding effort with what you have to date.

    Have a great weekend. 

    ;)

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,986
    Kyleran said:
    Remember...you asked.  :D

    When promoting your game,  be sure to come across as professional as possible.

    Misspellings are very bad form, such as what should be malfunction in the OP.

    This carrys over to the Gamejolt page where I'm pretty sure "novel award" should read "Nobel award."

    Consider finding someone with a solid understanding on how to write correctly.  

    The kindest thing I can say about the webpage is its better than Google Translate,  but not by very much.


    Novel awards are not meant to mean the Nobel Prize. They are literary awards and there's no such thing as a Nobel 'award'.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • horror_manhorror_man Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited August 9
    Kyleran said:
    Remember...you asked.  :D

    When promoting your game,  be sure to come across as professional as possible.

    Misspellings are very bad form, such as what should be malfunction in the OP.

    This carrys over to the Gamejolt page where I'm pretty sure "novel award" should read "Nobel award."

    Consider finding someone with a solid understanding on how to write correctly.  

    The kindest thing I can say about the webpage is its better than Google Translate,  but not by very much.


    Thanks for the feedback! I just noticed the misspelling in there, so thanks for pointing that out.

    And as TheDarkrayne said, I was referring to novel awards, not the nobel prize.

    English is not my first language so I might have errors here and there. Feel free to point out any other grammar error you see.
  • horror_manhorror_man Member CommonPosts: 5
    Kyleran said:
    Second verse, harsher than the first.

    Regarding the Pre-Alpha in game footage, take that crap down ASAP and never share it again.

    I've seen some pretty good demos done by total novices using Unity or some other package engine, and they are all far and away better than yours.

    What ever did you code that in, a mod to Arma or something?

    So far your efforts remind me of good examples on how to detect phishing emails my employer's security team is always sharing.

    Back to the drawing board for now, get some better copy, a much better demo and whatever you do, don't launch a crowdfunding effort with what you have to date.

    Have a great weekend. 

    ;)

    Regarding to our pre-alpha demo, we know it does not look appealing and that we are far from a release or crowdfunding. The video's purpose is just to show some progress in regards to the development of the game. We will make sure the third one looks better! (And remember that's not a demo!) Thanks for the roast.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    I think it's great that you are doing this.

    Get an english speaker to look anything over before you post it. Important. And get another set of eyes if you have another language version of the site.

    Take the video down and come back when you have something compelling to show.

    Oh, I get it, believe me! You have been working hard at this, have put a lot of work into it and you are just busting to show it to someone. Only thing is that players aren't really supportive of new games that aren't in beta.

    My advice would be to find a community of indy devs who share there work. There MUST be one. and if there isn't, then start one.

    Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product!
    horror_man



  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,393
    Let me say it is a million times better than I could do.

    One bit of critical feedback, however, is that it seems very slow. Most games of this nature are fast. Maybe you just wanted to let people take time to see it? But you still could speed it up and achieve that.

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,393
    Sovrath said:

    My advice would be to find a community of indy devs who share there work. 
    Reading so many Delete posts has corrupted your brain mate. Ironic, in this context.
    Azaron_Nightblade

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 26,793
    Amathe said:
    Sovrath said:

    My advice would be to find a community of indy devs who share there work. 
    Reading so many Delete posts has corrupted your brain mate. Ironic, in this context.
    "I'll be here all night folks ... try the veal ... "  :|
    Amathe



  • bcbullybcbully Member RarePosts: 9,702
    Aaaand was about to jump on you guys for being mean... 

    they’re not OP. Take their advance. 
  • markost22markost22 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The game looks pretty good but the music on the video is really bad
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,336
    Ahm you should be promoting the game concept itself, not that it has assets. I don't see any "sci-fi", nor "survival" nor "horror".
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
Sign In or Register to comment.