Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No evidence video games cause mass shootings

123457»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,768
    edited August 2019
    klash2def said:

<snip>
    Lol, Okay so you disregarded everything I said and are still defending him. He is doing "FINE" 
    <snip>
    Well he has cut his tax bill bigly - or his future taxes since you have to assume he hasn't paid any recently given the lengths gone to to not release his returns (off-sets, deductions etc.) like all recent past presidents!

And he does seem to have drained the swamp into the White House - considering the number of criminal charges etc.  

klash2defvandal5627
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,595
    gervaise1 said:
    klash2def said:

<snip>
    Lol, Okay so you disregarded everything I said and are still defending him. He is doing "FINE" 
    <snip>
    Well he has cut his tax bill bigly - or his future taxes since you have to assume he hasn't paid any recently given the lengths gone to to not release his returns (off-sets, deductions etc.) like all recent past presidents!

And he does seem to have drained the swamp into the White House - considering the number of criminal charges etc.  

"PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

"Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

"Fear is the most dangerous power"

Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,368
    edited August 2019
    klash2def said:
    klash2def said:
    Arterius said:

I don't think Trump is unamerican. He has never attacked legal Mexicans or people of other skin color. He may talk smack (Which I don't agree with) but its not like he has ever said anything that would make me fear being deported or being put in a camp. His attacks have pretty firmly been against people coming into the country illegally. It's the other people twisting his words and making it seem like he hates everyone that sows hate.
    I literally just wrote a chapter of things he said to people who are actual Americans. Also, you are saying he talks "smack" what does that mean? He says racist things why can't you admit that? So it's okay to be racist as long as the people aren't American? Is that what you are saying? 

What are you talking about? I'm finding it hard to not see you as defending him. 

I understand you are independent, I am too and also like you I am Left-leaning in my political views but I just cannot stand for someone who stokes division and hatred amongst people. 
    So your argument regarding video games is that Trump is responsible (partly) because he says bad things but video games which have you actually act out those bad things have zero responsibility?

I'm honestly not interested in talking about Trump in a thread about video games... so I just want to try and relate your argument to the topic.  You seem to be saying that only a few sources can influence behavior and other sources cannot?  It seems odd to me.

As I said.  My personal experience when I saw certain movies was to go emulate them.  Is it really impossible that SOME people do the same with violent movies and games?

How come every time I speak in one of these threads you want to tell me to stay on topic as if somehow the topic isn't political in nature.  I didn't start the thread. This isn't a thread about Video games, we aren't discussing gear ratings here. You just want to say that to me because I am making valid points. It never fails. But I will entertain you.

Sir, we are discussing mass shootings and video games. That topic alone has a political connotation. You cannot discuss the political climate, yes even surrounding video games, without discussing the leadership and lawmakers. It's not my fault Trump is in leadership, I didn't vote for him. He blamed video games, I'm blaming him more than video games. People ask me why. I explain.

What don't you get? 
    I think that is the FIRST time I have seen you use the phrase MORE THAN.  This indicates that you acknowledge there is a chance that video games might contribute to these situations.  This I understand.   Your prior statements in this thread were: Trump and White Nationalism and inferring that video games had no impact: "Everyone knows exactly what is inciting all this violence. It's painfully obvious yet and still... let's blame mental health and video games."

So yeah.  While my own jury is still out on Trump, I will say that I think ALL/ANY of those reasons COULD be a contributing factor for SOME people.

So let's not belittle people that actually think that shooting thousands of people in a video game COULD in fact inspire someone to commit a violent act.  I'd wager that if there are 444 shootings in a given weekend (and their are) that there are literally HUNDREDS of reasons for them.

Let's not be so quick to point to "THEM.. or THOSE OTHER PEOPLE" as the reason and acknowledge that those other people can be a reason, video games can be a reason and WE can be a reason.

Whatever you think about Trump, even if you are correct it would just be a SYMPTOM of the US vs THEM mentality that is so prevalent today.  Even in this thread.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,494
    edited August 2019
    Quoting this from our Rules of Conduct, since it seems many of you who have been here long enough already to know this have somehow forgotten:

MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics are forbidden.
    Closing this thread now.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

This discussion has been closed.