Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STOP COMPLAINING AND TAKE ACTION

chaosrainchaosrain Member Posts: 2

You know, I had an idea. Why don't all of us make a petition to get rid of billing fees and other problems in the game. As you keep saying they are in need of new members and we can make the point that not having subscription charges will help them get more members. Instead of waiting for a new star wars mmorpg to come oout why not take action and change the current one so it is better. So I say get moving or stop complaining!

imageSCREW THE SYSTEM!image

SCREW THE SYSTEM!

Comments

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Because petitions always work...

/sarcasm off

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Chaos if you understood how things work in the real world, you would understand you need to pay for something in order to get a service.

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294
    Like Lanmoragon put it if you only understood. Try running your own game and youll understand.  Also nothing in life is really free. It all comes with a price.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by Lunchbox76
    Like Lanmoragon put it if you only understood. Try running your own game and youll understand.  Also nothing in life is really free. It all comes with a price.

Exactly. Everything has a price, even those free games. Battle.Net has their advertisements and sponsorships, and tons of games have items that they sell.

Corporations are always going to try to up the price to make more money, and youre always going to have to pay in some way. I say, for those of us indie developers, we have had many hard times. We tried many times to make the MMO world free, but we never get enough donations and things die.

I say, instead of making something free, we should focus on lowering the subscription prices on games. If the indie developers would lower their fees to $5/month USD say, we would make enough money to support everything we need, and could put the rest of the money back into the community (through contests and such, we could use any extra money we get to buy prizes) and soon, corporations might even follow. It just takes one good indie game to make the rest of the industry follow. Remember that.

Sorry, but you wont be finding anything free soon, the world is hard enough without developers having to pay for their servers out of their own pockets.

-Rob image

• BlittzzBlittzz Member Posts: 261
    dude your a friggin idiot. the company needs money to run the game and servers, no money, no game.  So if you petition against monthly fees, and for some odd retarded reason it works, the company will soon run out of money, and will eventually have to close the game.  Learn how to real world works before you make dumbass threads

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

lol I think what Blittzz is trying to say (in a mean way) is dont be like Bush, think before you speak (or post in this instance)

PS
    Sorry, I saw the opportunity, and had to take it...

/bash off

• BlittzzBlittzz Member Posts: 261
    lmao, nice one man

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331

yea,MMORPG's are more expensive then most other games to make and upkeep...itsa huge server....i think that they should lower the fees,i mean 12.95 is really annoying per month,why not 7 or as low as 5 a month....think about it....WoW has well over a million players....so lets use 2 milion,a nice round figure....

2 x 5 = 10 million a month....

now,its expensive to run a MMORPG,but not that expensive,so think about it...

2 x 12.95 = 25.90 million a month.....

nearly 26 million a month.....which means,Blizzard employees are wealthy ::::02::

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• RocwellRocwell Member Posts: 21

Billing fees pay my bills. . . well not really, but they help.

• FoebaneFoebane Member Posts: 6

*grabs the popcorn and watches the fun*

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

well everything costs money in the world, it cost the people alot of money to make the games so they actually deserve to be payed! but still i would love for them to stop billing :P

• ganon89ganon89 Member Posts: 40

Well, in the mmo world i doubt that a majority of the games will ever be free, but at least they could lower the monthly fee, to say $10 a month and then after a good profit is gained move it down to like $7 or $8 a month. Would be nice but as the gaming world grows it's more like they will keep raising the price of monthly fees ::::07::.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Chaos, I might be with you if your cause was a worthy one, but at the moment it's misguided. I'd jump right in if someone put a poll up that said if Turbine makes one server of AC how it used to be in the old days you would go back to it (yes/no). And then if someone were to submit it to the AC1 developers, then... rock on. image

*hint hint*

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• TheVolatileTheVolatile Member Posts: 3

I don't think we've seen all the possible billing schemes yet.

Take the following possible ways to get money out of you: initial purchase, recurring fees, optional virtual item purchase, expansion packs, etc., then mix and match until you get a scheme that will draw in enough customers to be profitable.  It's simple marketing just like anything else.

• DismantledDismantled Member UncommonPosts: 121

I just read in the New York times last week blizzard claimed a $700mil profit off of WoW. I think monthly fees are worth it and that buying items for real money is stupid and will only drive people away. It would only in a perfect world have it so you can play for free and get the updates and services you need. These people need money too after all they did make the game and keep it running.

• SmashHammerSmashHammer Member Posts: 29
    OK if i was a MMORPG creator i would charge an arm and leg for my product. But for now the subscription prices rattle my old bones.

www.http://www.codusthunder.proboards79.com/ is my fricken forum! Plz join it!

• jay-sinsjay-sins Member Posts: 7
    Would you work for free... I hope not. But if you are my apartment does need some cleaning :)