Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OPINION: Red’s Read on Exclusives - MMORPG.com

1234568»

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    elveone said:
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    sexydadee said:
    i'm starting to feel a 2nd round of the civil war approaching. Having said that, the article mentioned that competition creates innovation, but in the case of EPIC vs Steam, it only created hatred and division. If this was GOG vs STEAM, then the writer's case is on point.

Somehow, there's just something about EPIC that people can't stomach. I believe that's the ultimate reason why this civil war exists because the steam side just can't imagine how people can accept EPIC? while the other side can't be bothered to look at a company's background as long as they can play games because, f*ck social responsibility.
    Please stop with the propaganda...

Well he's not wrong....
    Anything you don't agree with is propaganda? are you Chinese?
    I certainly am not but I would be interested in what do you call baseless statements meant to ellicit emotional response propagated throughout a community without any empirical evidence?

Considering the backlash the EGS has recieved from the general gaming community I wouldn't call my statement baseless at all, informed however is the word I would use.

You on the other hand are using baseless statements. Show me all the love the general gaming community has given the EGS, and also give me some sales numbers to compare the EGS to GOG or Steam. I would love to see just how well they are doing.
    elveoneEvilGaming
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    sexydadee said:
    i'm starting to feel a 2nd round of the civil war approaching. Having said that, the article mentioned that competition creates innovation, but in the case of EPIC vs Steam, it only created hatred and division. If this was GOG vs STEAM, then the writer's case is on point.

Somehow, there's just something about EPIC that people can't stomach. I believe that's the ultimate reason why this civil war exists because the steam side just can't imagine how people can accept EPIC? while the other side can't be bothered to look at a company's background as long as they can play games because, f*ck social responsibility.

Well he's not wrong....
    I certainly am not but I would be interested in what do you call baseless statements meant to ellicit emotional response propagated throughout a community without any empirical evidence?

Considering the backlash the EGS has recieved from the general gaming community I wouldn't call my statement baseless at all, informed however is the word I would use.

You on the other hand are using baseless statements. Show me all the love the general gaming community has given the EGS, and also give me some sales numbers to compare the EGS to GOG or Steam. I would love to see just how well they are doing.
    When making statements facts would be nice, and since you are the one making them how about you provide them? People always hate the popular guy, Blizzard with WoW, Epic with Fortnite, lowhanging fruit for the bandwagon really so no suprise.

So, the Chinese and Epic. Tell me about them, does it involve Tencent perhaps or another dead horse? We’ve had that song and dance already so something new would be nice. Tencent had no majority and has a stake in many, many western gaming companies besides Epic. Next please.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    elveone
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    sexydadee said:

Well he's not wrong....

What does the butthurt steam community backlash have to do with a company's background being a cause for social insecurity?
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Remember when we all used to get along and have fun just playing games together?

Yeah, me neither.

Gut Out!
    mbrodieelveone

What, me worry?

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    lahnmir said:
    Social responsibility.... you can’t make this shit up.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Oh, you hadn't heard?  Apparently companies don't exist to make their stockholders profit.  They exist to support to their communities and the government, now.  =P
    elveone
  • EvilGamingEvilGaming Member UncommonPosts: 24
    edited August 2019
    I'm tired of all these DRM release on steam or gtfo your not getting my money

also, the reason why people hate EGS is that it is basically trying to copy steam and profit on its popularity by offering better percentages people hate them because we already have steam and the division is causing us to have even more DRM and our games library split between 2 locations or more if you also use uplay origin and battle.net and steam its retarded to add yet another 
    elveone
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    edited August 2019
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    Daakkon said:
    elveone said:
    sexydadee said:

Well he's not wrong....

Honestly you're about as informed as anti vaxxers... you read and absorb whatever makes you feel like your right and ignore any counter arguments or debunking.

"yeah but this one guy on the internet said it's true so i have to believe it... even if he retracted his statements after being disproven and shown to be not credible"

Also by general gaming community i assume you mean the vocal toxic minority who resort to such actions as harassment and threats or review bombing or fear mongering

as apposed to the actual gaming community who doesn't care which is shown in the fact that game sales are performing quite well on the EGS platform and publishers / developers that have gone there have been extremely happy with the results.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/05/24/thq-nordic-epic-games-store-sales-metro-exodus/

“Epic Games store has exceeded our expectations in terms of sales in actual units of both Metro Exodus and Satisfactory during the quarter,” explained THQ Nordic’s CEO Lars Wingefors. “Epic Games store is in fact the group’s leading digital platform in terms of revenue generated by units sales in the quarter ending March.”

i mean i'm not gonna look up every exclusive game... most of them haven't even released yet, but the information is out there.... if the publisher / developer says they are happy with sales thats a win for epic.

elveoneRed_Thomas
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    I'm tired of all these DRM release on steam or gtfo your not getting my money

also, the reason why people hate EGS is that it is basically trying to copy steam and profit on its popularity by offering better percentages people hate them because we already have steam and the division is causing us to have even more DRM and our games library split between 2 locations or more if you also use uplay origin and battle.net and steam its retarded to add yet another 
    That almost sounds like the early controversary over Steam vs being able to purchase physical copies of games.

Oh, you should have heard the yelling when games stopped producing physical copies for sell.

I find it really amusing that we're hearing nearly identical things now w/r to Epic, and the arguments are all exactly the same.
    elveone
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I remember the other part of that argument of 'you have no overhead with making hard copies of games now, so why is the price still $60,' also. That was always entertaining as well.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I have a severe hatred for Steam. Someone in China has been trying to hack my account for over 3 years and Steam can't and/or won't do anything about it. Fortunately I have never had a data breach yet, but at the cost of convenience. I never have my password or login saved, I use password authenticator thingy, and I have removed all credit card information from the system. If I want a game, I have to log in, add a credit card, buy it, then delete it from the system.

If I had any option to move the games I OWN off of Steam, I would tell them to shove it right up their.... and delete Steam from my computer.
    mbrodie