Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greedfall Trailer Highlights Character Customization, Magic, More - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGreedfall Trailer Highlights Character Customization, Magic, More - MMORPG.com News

A new Greedfall trailer highlights character creation, customization, magic, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited August 2019
    looks super good! Hoping it's another Wild Hunt (witcher)
    kinkyJalepenoIlaya

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Tokken said:
    I don't expect that. This is the team behind The Technomancer. They are one of the last vanguards of the AA (mid-tier) game. 

Their games are janky, but have a lot of heart. They are rough diamonds, and have a cult following.

(But then, I guess the same was once true of the Witcher series. So you may have a point).
    Tokkenbartoni33velimiriusIlayaOzmodan
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    This looks really good!
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    Will this be anything like dragon age origins?
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
    In some ways, yes. The Spyders developed games have similar janky party-based combat. They emphasize roleplaying elements and choices. Their missions have multiple choices and approaches. Party members similarly judge your actions and may even leave you if you piss them off enough.

A lot of the preview articles have focused on one particular companion, who is a member of the native tribe whose land you are colonizing. If you attack enough of her people unprovoked, she will leave you. But she's also a huge asset, as you need her in your party to translate the native tongue.
    Ozmodan
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    If only it was multiplayer...
    FacelessSaviorAeanderTokkenOzmodan

Thank you for your time!

3dom said:
    If only it was multiplayer...
    No thanks. Tacked on multiplayer has damaged enough games. 

Do multiplayer if it is in your vision to do multiplayer.
    SBFordbartoni33ValentinavelimiriusRenndjimmywolfOzmodanTacticalZombehpsychosiz1Alvonu
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited August 2019
    One of the few upcoming games I'm truly looking forward to playing. Can't wait! :) I'm thrilled it isn't multiplayer. Not every game on the planet needs it. Sometimes I just want to be alone with my digital friends. :D
    azarhalGroqstrongTokkenmoshrabartoni33ValentinaNyghthowlerPanzerbeorne39cheyanekinkyJalepenoand 4 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Aeander said:
    Tokken said:
    I don't expect that. This is the team behind The Technomancer. They are one of the last vanguards of the AA (mid-tier) game. 

Their games are janky, but have a lot of heart. They are rough diamonds, and have a cult following.

(But then, I guess the same was once true of the Witcher series. So you may have a point).
    Spiders is still a 20-30 developers sized company, very far away from TW3 ~280 persons peak dev team...

They make very impressive games considering their size and budget though, not that most gamers care about that.
    Valentinajimmywolf
    azarhal said:
    Aeander said:
    Tokken said:

Spiders is still a 20-30 developers sized company, very far away from TW3 ~280 persons peak dev team...

They make very impressive games considering their size and budget though, not that most gamers care about that.
    I'm more curious about whether they could develop something in the scope of The Witcher 2 or, as mentioned above, Dragon Age: Origins.
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    I am just happy to see a article about a trailer actually containing a link to the trailer on mmorpg.com. It is not as common as you would hope.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited August 2019

Aeander said:

azarhal said:

Aeander said:

Tokken said:

I'm more curious about whether they could develop something in the scope of The Witcher 2 or, as mentioned above, Dragon Age: Origins.

Saying that, DAO and TW2 had ~100 dev teams. Today, a 100 dev teams result in Divinity Original Sin 2 or Kingdom Comes Deliverance...and it doesn't mean Spiders with 60 more devs would result in more polished/better games either.

But Spiders got bought by BigBen Interactive like 2 weeks ago (July 26th, I learned about it today), which means their next game will be published by an even smaller publisher than their current one. Greedfall is probably going to be their biggest game ever (it has twice the budget of The Technomancer apparently).
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This game looks like what New World was SUPPOSED to play like.

MMO it immediately.
    TokkenkinkyJalepeno
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • XA20XXA20X Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited August 2019
    As someone who loved The Technomancer game, the second one not the first although I played and enjoyed both 2 was just better, I am really looking forward to this game.

I will freely admit that their games are a little rough around the edges, but we need more middle of the road developers like this out there. AAA titles have come to the point now where they're almost a guaranteed disappointment and small indie games have always been hit or miss.

I believe the future of "good" gaming lies in the heart of games and dev like these guys, where the hype train brought about by ballooning marketing budgets doesn't lead to constant dissatisfaction and you know if you throw down the money you're just gonna get a decent and enjoyable game.

I still do replays of The Technomancer every 6~ or so months, it's just simply an enjoyable game.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I recently played through Bound by Flame from these guys and really enjoyed it. It was nice to play a more focused RPG that only had light exploration.

Forward momentum through the narrative is sometimes a good thing in a genre where having to search behind every bush you see and dive into every body of water to find secrets is getting tiring.

I hope this one is more of the same.
    Ozmodan
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    That looks promising.
    Ozmodan
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Ok I'm impressed - that combat looked varied and interesting so this on my radar.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Uhm....that looks rly good. Witcher alike stuff which i like a LOT. Seems i have to search for my Wallet and see what's left inside :) And as Suzie already said, there is no need for a MP in this. Just me (us) doing Story and experience an Adventure! I am up for it!
    Ozmodan
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Aeander said:

Tokken said:

so it will have a heavy load of game breaking bugs who will turn you off the game?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Aeander said:

Tokken said:

so it will have a heavy load of game breaking bugs who will turn you off the game?
    I didn't say it was a Bethesda game, did I?
    Ozmodan
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    I loathe this console controller 360 degree arcade combat bullshit. If no first person mode I'm out.
    Aeander
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Definitely going on my watch list!
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

nothing will be like origins.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"