Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Receives Cataclysm Patch Notes 1.3.0 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem Receives Cataclysm Patch Notes 1.3.0 - MMORPG.com

Anthem finally received the Cataclysm patch 1.3.0 today, bringing with it missions, alliance system changes, bug fixes, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2019
    BakgrindNeptusAlverantRoinDryxalineinfomatzPhryPanzerbeorne39Folmenceh430and 3 others.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    It starting to feel like Skyforge: they add unfinished content on top of unfinished content. Loot boxes drop loot for javelins you don't use, new balance practically killed melee damage and effectively removes everyone non-maxed-out from difficulties where you can get maxed gear. Previously I could carry groups on GM2 difficulties, now I cannot carry a group on GM1.

Those who like The Division will love this new gameplay: trash mobs takes considerable effort to kill, like mini-bosses.

Thank you for your time!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Is no one going to mention the massive achievement here?

Bioware has successfully rewound time all the way back to May 2019.
    infomatzFolmenTacticalZombehjgDuffay
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, maybe EA learned something and won't push devs to release their game before it's done again.

lol, sorry, couldn't resist. like that would happen, eh EA? ;)
    AlverantinfomatzFolmenTacticalZombehanemojgDuffay

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821

Thane said:

well, maybe EA learned something and won't push devs to release their game before it's done again.

Well, maybe BioWare has learned something and when making a new game wont screw around for over 5 years then hurry up and make the entire game in 18 months.

LOL sorry, couldnt resist. Like that would happen because they've done that twice in a row now.
    LeFantomeLackingMMOFolmenNephethjgDuffay
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Aeander said:

I mean, that is a pretty big achievement, but I dont think it can ever outdo the achievement of them creating a game that no other developers on the team knew they were making. That's probably going to be the biggest achievement of the studio's existence.
    RoinTacticalZombeh
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

Thane said:

Eh if they didn't learn from SWTOR then there was no hope for this game.
    Gdemami
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

Aeander said:

i dunno its probs still an unfinished game so maybe june 2019?
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Played a couple hours, games still so bad, nothing to see here...
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Well that's pretty cool they added it. However when I was playing each patch broke something else and also what they added ended up being buggy, so... What did they break?
  • NurmiporaNurmipora Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited August 2019
    3dom said:
    It starting to feel like Skyforge: they add unfinished content on top of unfinished content. Loot boxes drop loot for javelins you don't use, new balance practically killed melee damage and effectively removes everyone non-maxed-out from difficulties where you can get maxed gear. Previously I could carry groups on GM2 difficulties, now I cannot carry a group on GM1.

Those who like The Division will love this new gameplay: trash mobs takes considerable effort to kill, like mini-bosses.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

You talk Lies melee damage is insane with legendary daggers
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    this game is still alive ? O_O
    Phry
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I've never played a better game in my life.
    DaemonweaverPanzerbeorne39ceh430TacticalZombeh
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its increasingly looking like Anthem is about to be, or already has, been abandoned by the developers, its ME:Andromeda part deux. :/
    Gdemami
  • KeladorKelador Member UncommonPosts: 118
    edited August 2019
    Months since launch months of silence and the content drop is tiny and they didn't even spend any time looking at improving performance and loadtimes or reducing the millions of loading screens.

Feels like they are pushing out the bare minium just to meet the free content updates during year 1 they promised during the marketing..

I will bet that soon as they meet what ever amount of content they promised or close to it support for the game will get dropped.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    f2p in 1.5 ?
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Anthem patch warning Note.
    The conversion to change the luck stat on you Legendary Bonus stat Weapons like Radient Fortress will also set them to basic stat masterwork Items and your gear score will drop drastically. So the players that have spent hundereds of hours farming for Legendary bonus shield and armor maxed stats are Riped off. Messy Patches like this is why people are flocking away from this game :(. Why play GM3 Runs When the gear is going to blown up. Tec support does say its a know issue but no clue on when a fix Or even if a fix back to farmed Stat levels Will ever come.
    gunklacker
    Kelador said:
    Months since launch months of silence and the content drop is tiny and they didn't even spend any time looking at improving performance and loadtimes or reducing the millions of loading screens.

Feels like they are pushing out the bare minium just to meet the free content updates during year 1 they promised during the marketing..

I will bet that soon as they meet what ever amount of content they promised or close to it support for the game will get dropped.
    The game needs so much work done on it that they would need to pretty much carry out a 'do over' of the entire game, i don't think they have near enough people working on it to carry out anything more than basic maintenance, which given the issues the game still has of a technical nature, probably means that some issues will likely never be dealt with. :/
    gunklackerGdemami
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Phry said:

Kelador said:

The game needs so much work done on it that they would need to pretty much carry out a 'do over' of the entire game, i don't think they have near enough people working on it to carry out anything more than basic maintenance, which given the issues the game still has of a technical nature, probably means that some issues will likely never be dealt with. :/

Like what? What needs to be work on ?

LeFantome said:

Phry said:

Kelador said:

Like what? What needs to be work on ?
    Loot drops, gear progression, performance, loading, bugs, story, amount of content, incentives to play said content.

Little things really.  :*
    gunklackerPhryTacticalZombehGdemami
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    "Eh if they didn't learn from SWTOR then there was no hope for this game."

Comparing  SWTOR to ANTHEM is like comparing the Beatles to Spinal Tap

PhryNepheth
    edited August 2019

Particularly since a more 'appropriate' comparison would be to Mass Effect:Andromeda, and not just from the saga that the development debacles became either. :/
    gunklacker

I compare Anthem to Blade and Soul. Best in class combat, bad everything else.
    moshra
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited August 2019
    Anthem fanboys see this as the second coming of jesus... until they nail him to the cross again in 2-3 weeks
    supx2
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I have no interest in playing Anthem at all.  But since I know my opinion matters as much as everyone else's around here, I thought I'd let you all know.  Post count baby, post count.