Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WOW question for those who have followed closer

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
From what I have read on line the game is going to be rooted at patch 1.12 even as the release content over time.  Is this true?  If so that would mean that damage normalization never becomes a thing.  I just want to make sure I understand the timeline that Blizzard is bringing out. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Are you referring to weapon damage normalisation for instant attacks? This was added in 1.8 and is therefore present in Classic.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Axxar said:
    Are you referring to weapon damage normalisation for instant attacks? This was added in 1.8 and is therefore present in Classic.
    1.12 would predate 1.8
    cheyane

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    edited August 2019
    1.12 is the last version of Vanilla prior to the The Burning Crusade pre-patch. 12 is a higher number than 8. Not to be confused with 1.1.2.

1.8 released October 10, 2005.
    1.12 released August 22, 2006.
  • Mmochamp19Mmochamp19 Newbie CommonPosts: 12
    I am curious if there is going to be AQ like events?  Best time in game

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Axxar said:
    1.12 is the last version of Vanilla prior to the The Burning Crusade pre-patch. 12 is a higher number than 8. Not to be confused with 1.1.2.
    Yes.

Game engine will be modern WoW engine.
    Game mechanics will be as they were in last version of vanilla WoW before Burning Crusade.
    End-game content will be released gradually.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2019
    I am curious if there is going to be AQ like events?  Best time in game

We'll get AQ opening event.

"This is the current roadmap:

• Phase 1 (Classic Launch): Molten Core, Onyxia, Maraudon
    • Phase 2: Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak
    • Phase 3: Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire, Darkmoon deck drops begin
    • Phase 4: Zul'Gurub, Green Dragons
    • Phase 5: Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins, Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates, Dungeon loot reconfiguration (Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes)
    • Phase 6: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion"
    Source: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/wow-classic-release-date-news,news-29578.html
    Kyleran