Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I hope is a dumb question

kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
I have been playing ESO for a while now with magic based characters.  I decided to make a stamina based nightblade. However when I try to make a character the skills are magic based.  Am I just stupid or what am I missing.

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Most skills can be morphed into stamina ones, but not all.
    Thane
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    It might be a good idea to look at a guide, even if just to know which skills have a stamina option, so you can plan out your choices in advance.

Dottz Gaming has some good information on that. It isn't a specific build so much as guide that gives you details on available options.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    ESO was originally designed will all class skills and all their morphs being magicka abilities and all weapon skills except for staves being stamina. Stamina builds in the first couple of years were pretty underwhelming compared to the magicka builds. 

They didn't start adding stamina morphs of class abilities until much later and not all class abilities have stamina morphs, but the more important ones usually do.

The in-game build adviser does a fairly good job of telling you what to use and what to morph things to if you click on the gear icon and choose the "stamina dps" build.

But yeah, class abilities will be magicka at first and it isn't until you morph them that your build starts being all stamina. Depending on the ability, some of that can be done as early as level 5 and some take a lot longer to unlock and morph. Because of that a lot of players playing stamina builds will have some magicka skills slotted that they don't use at all just waiting for them to level-up so they can be morphed into the stamina version well into their mid 20s to early 30s.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    Thanks all for the help.  It makes it a lot clearer.