Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes Of The Storm Receives New Hero, Ranked Play Updates - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageHeroes Of The Storm Receives New Hero, Ranked Play Updates - MMORPG.com

In a press release today, Blizzard announced that Heroes of the Storm's newest hero Qhira, is live now on the Public Test Realm. Updates to Ranked Play are also incoming.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OniReaverOniReaver Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Curious why the spotlight doesn't have the usual overview of talent builds and such, but despite that she looks like an awesome character. Looking forward to checking her out.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Another original character? Fuck that. A game that prides itself as a crossover shouldn't have original characters at all.
    swarmdieXarko[Deleted User]Vexiusx
  • husscoolhusscool Member UncommonPosts: 78

Aeander said:

Another original character? Fuck that. A game that prides itself as a crossover shouldn't have original characters at all.

Blizzard created an IP within their own IP's. Creativity should never be discouraged. As much as Activision has changed the company, they do still retain some semblance of what made them great. If you don't want to encourage creativity then maybe a game from the marvel universe is more for you.
    AeanderAlvonuXingbairongNephethSBFordsarah116
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

OniReaver said:

Curious why the spotlight doesn't have the usual overview of talent builds and such, but despite that she looks like an awesome character. Looking forward to checking her out.

The usual guy who did the narration for the character spotlights left Blizzard a little while ago. He was a beloved member of the HotS community. While they most likely didn't narrate the spotlight due to HotS being a skeleton crew, it could have also been to not draw any more ire from the community.

Aeander said:

When Orphea was announced, the team at the time discussed how they wanted to branch out in their ability to create a story for the Nexus all of it's own, which included original heroes never seen before in Blizzard IPs. Before the team was gutted earlier this year, it's a distinct possibility that they had a number of heroes already planned out.

Again, considering HotS is being run by a skeleton crew now, it is far better for them to follow whatever gameplan that was set in place.
    XingbairongNepheth
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Aeander said:

It's not an original character, it's from that popular Diversity and Representation IP!

On serious note I gotta say the skill design looks neat though. I even like the model except the weapon. That thing is oversized and bit too "high tech" compared to the rest of the model. Would look cooler if it was regular sword in one hand and regular chain in the other, but I guess skins can fix that somewhat.
    [Deleted User]jj7009
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    That Revolving Sweep looks really fun.

Too bad that Blizzard decided to kill the game. I'm happy that I gave up on HotS 6-7 months ago. It's sad to watch how a really good game with great ideas is dying because Blizzard wants to save few pennies.
    Xarkotomahawk1930
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    edited July 2019
    I loved HoTS back 2 or so years ago. Played it daily for several years with 2-3 buddies. Had some great times. Couldnt ever get past the every declining matchmaking system. Then when they gutted the team and announced they would divert focus to other games I started losing interest. havent played in about 8 months now sadly. I imagine its still a great game though. Just less popular, with less updates. New hero looks like fun. I can only imagine she comes out of the gates OP and needs some nerfing, like most new heroes.
  • ronneymiguelsronneymiguels Newbie Posts: 0

A couple days ago i made a post requesting some mmo with good monk/fighter classes and quite a few people recommended Dungeons & Dragons Online, but i haven't really heard much about the game and, as i did some research, it looks kinda dead to me sooooooo... Is it worth playing it? How is the community and End game content?

I watched a video and DDO's monk looked pretty fun, but i have to be honest, i really don't want to play a ghost mmo... Meeting new people, doing guild content and all that is probably the best part of every single mmo i've ever played.

English isn't my native language so don't mind my grammar mistakes.